“Beats the De Vere any day.”
Review of The Arthington

The Arthington
Ranked #4 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Our group of 6 (12-70) has just returned from our second stay with Elaine & Steve with a further break booked for Autumn 2009. We were last with them 6 months ago but on our arrival their immense memory bank kicked in & we were met with a cheery wave from Elaine, sat on a bench catching a well unearned glimps of sun. (She never stops hosting) Out stepped Tanya (She never stops fussing) and Steve ( Has a footy break sometimes) to add to the welcoming committee along with hot drinks all round in the excellent lounge.

The accomodation rivals any London boutique hotel with Elaine's designer eye you come home rested and inspired to do something with your home.

Nothing is too much trouble and always friendly, even when I could not work out who owed how much in to the kitty, Steve sorted out my matrix mess, and found I was owed change too.

Eating in- it's home cooked to order and satisfaction with variations on the menu dealt with effortlesly. Better poached eggs than at the DeVeres were presented at breakfast along with plenty of other healthy options.

We look forward to our return to see how the rainforest showers are populating and to see if any more rooms have acquired ipod docking stations to go with the flat screen plasmas and Wifi access- visit and you will see nothing is too upmarket / too much for The Arthington and thats why you will not regret your booking.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed March 24, 2009

I sat for weeks checking all hotels in blackpool before settling with arthington, this is a beautiful hotel with lovely hosts elaine and steve could not fault them with anything really made you feel welcome.Hotel is spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated, rooms are spotlessly clean with nice fresh linnen and duvets. Breakfasts are massive and steve is your waiter as he brings you your cooked breakfast to your lovely set out table. They have a beautiful old english sheepdog called Tanya she is a star really fussy. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who is going to blackpool and we will definately be going again sometime soon. Many thanks Elaine and Steve for making our stay a memorable one of blackpool.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2009

We have just come back from visiting family in Blackpool (which I have to say is the only reason we tend to go there) and can't thank Elaine and Steve enough for their wonderful hospitality at The Arthington. From greeting us to waving us off in the car 48 hours later we couldn't find one single fault with the hotel or hoteliers. They have a very clean and modern hotel with plenty of room for families, the food served was delicious and plentiful, the conversation in the bar lounge was entertaining and amusing and to top it off they have a really cute and very well behaved dog who delighted my daughter no end. My family and two other couples who stayed there at the same time felt so comfortable in our surroundings that none of us left the hotel of an evening to sample the nightlife we enjoyed getting to know each other in the cosy bar. We have stayed in many places before but this is definitely one of the better places to stay. I do believe that Steve and Elaine think nothing is too much trouble. Ooh and one more thing, they offer a healthy option breakfast which I had both mornings and it was scrumptious - a great way to start the day.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2009

My friends will be the first to say I am cringworthy when it comes to finding fault in hotels and restaurants! Not because I am a snob but because I expect good value for money and a friendly professional service when I hand over my hard earnt pounds.
The Arthington ticks every box as far as I am concerned and although I tried hard I could not find a single fault! Great value for money, fab food, spotlessly clean, good location all topped of with Elaine and Steve who are naturals to the hospitality business. Oh and the cutest dog ever (who also seems to be a natural to the comings and goings of a busy B&B)!
STOP LOOKING AND JUST BOOK THE ARTHINGTON! You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2009

what a fab time we had at the arthington, elaine and steve were so welcoming, we arrived a little earlier than the check in time but that wasnt a problem as our room was ready, we stayed in the premier room which seems to be a popular choice and i can see why, the decor is modern the bed is so comfortable and then you have the comfort of havin a flat screen tv aswell, there is also tv in the lounge which you can watch, and more often than not the wonderful hosts will come and sit with you have a chat, tell you the best places to go for food, entertainment, then the family dog (tanya) comes and sits by you shes so friendly. The breakfast is lovely so filling but the great thing is you decide what you would like to eat, and there's a healthier option aswell. There's a great bar menu aswell which is served between 6-8 ranging from steaks to sandwiches and can i just say elaines cooking is fab! we had tea there 3 nights out of the 4 we stayed there, reasonably priced! So that just about sums it up really, comfortable and cosy and strongly recommended :-)

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2009

If you are going to Blackpool then this is the place to stay. You will not be disappointed. Steve and Elaine are among the friendliest people you will ever meet and they do a good job in every aspect of making you feel at home. I highly recommend this hotel, you should definitely go it, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Blackpool isnt a destination I'd pick for a holiday, and I dont; really go there on business, but if I did for either of those reasons I would definately stay at the Arthington.

My boyfriend and I were heading to Blackpool to meet up with some friends..and as usual, I was tasked with finding the hotel ...don't mind really as I'm a bit of a hotel snob! We didnt want to spend a fortune so I decided to look into the guesthouse/hotel option. This can be a bit of a minefield in Blackpool as there are so many ranging from the utterly revolting, to the grannies living room and chintz overload to the knees up mother brown coach party options ...none of which are my cup of tea.

I trawled a few websites and the Arthington really stuck out as looking like they are making an effort to deliver to a different blackpool market but retain the really nice friendly guesthouse values. They didnt disapoint.

The hotel is lovely, from the outside, it looks like a lot of the others and it is on one of the nicer streets. Inside, Steve and Elaine who have a really nice personal touch have really made an effort with decor - its quite sumptuous really - particularly the bedrooms - they have been redecorated and furnished to a really good standard..it felt like a little boutique hotel. Our room was the one with the Superking bed, and it had a plasma tv and was a lot nicer than a lot of hotels that I have stayed in around the world that are three times the price - its a little cosy in terms of room space (but the big bed does kind of take up the space) but nothing to complain about. The update is ongoing in that the hall areas still demonstrate some of the bygone guesthouse era but overall its lovely.

The public areas are nice too - a little bar, with leather starbucks sofa style seating and Steve and Elaine couldnt have been more welcoming - a real personal touch, they talk you through the facilities and options and how to get in at night etc.

One thing that really stands out here is how clean it is...absolutely spotless everywhere, from the front windows to the bathroom...I would challenge anyone to find anything out of place.

Breakfast was lovely - I did go for the full English...well, it is blackpool and its kind of traditional. It was lovely, and they do offer granola and yogurt if you want to be healthy.

Overall this is a first class spot - if I did holiday in Blackpool for a week I would definately go there...its just got a lovely welcoming, warm and ever so stylish feel to it...well done Steve and Elaine ...best hotel in Blackpool. If I ever have to work in Blackpool, I would definately stay there too as you can imagine they would look after you and make it a home from home.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple