The Arthington
$65
$61
ibis Styles
  • Breakfast included
Clifton Court Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$68
Agoda.com
Lyndene Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$35
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$49
$45
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,255 results
All reviewssteve and elaineb bguest housefresh fruiton arrivalbox of chocolatesfull englishplace to stayperfect hostsdressing gownsnext yearlittle extraswell stocked barbiscuitsthought of everythingpleasure beachnothing is too much trouble
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Blackpool isnt a destination I'd pick for a holiday, and I dont; really go there on business, but if I did for either of those reasons I would definately stay at the Arthington.

My boyfriend and I were heading to Blackpool to meet up with some friends..and as usual, I was tasked with finding the hotel ...don't mind really as I'm a bit of a hotel snob! We didnt want to spend a fortune so I decided to look into the guesthouse/hotel option. This can be a bit of a minefield in Blackpool as there are so many ranging from the utterly revolting, to the grannies living room and chintz overload to the knees up mother brown coach party options ...none of which are my cup of tea.

I trawled a few websites and the Arthington really stuck out as looking like they are making an effort to deliver to a different blackpool market but retain the really nice friendly guesthouse values. They didnt disapoint.

The hotel is lovely, from the outside, it looks like a lot of the others and it is on one of the nicer streets. Inside, Steve and Elaine who have a really nice personal touch have really made an effort with decor - its quite sumptuous really - particularly the bedrooms - they have been redecorated and furnished to a really good standard..it felt like a little boutique hotel. Our room was the one with the Superking bed, and it had a plasma tv and was a lot nicer than a lot of hotels that I have stayed in around the world that are three times the price - its a little cosy in terms of room space (but the big bed does kind of take up the space) but nothing to complain about. The update is ongoing in that the hall areas still demonstrate some of the bygone guesthouse era but overall its lovely.

The public areas are nice too - a little bar, with leather starbucks sofa style seating and Steve and Elaine couldnt have been more welcoming - a real personal touch, they talk you through the facilities and options and how to get in at night etc.

One thing that really stands out here is how clean it is...absolutely spotless everywhere, from the front windows to the bathroom...I would challenge anyone to find anything out of place.

Breakfast was lovely - I did go for the full English...well, it is blackpool and its kind of traditional. It was lovely, and they do offer granola and yogurt if you want to be healthy.

Overall this is a first class spot - if I did holiday in Blackpool for a week I would definately go there...its just got a lovely welcoming, warm and ever so stylish feel to it...well done Steve and Elaine ...best hotel in Blackpool. If I ever have to work in Blackpool, I would definately stay there too as you can imagine they would look after you and make it a home from home.

Reviewed February 12, 2009

My partner and I absolutely loved this guest house. Its lovely and clean, modern and Steve, Elaine and Tanya are fantastic hosts.
We stayed in room 2, one of the delux rooms and the bed was amazingly comfortable. If available, definately upgrade to a deluxe room as they offer a little more luxury. If a deluxe is not available, we did see a standard double room and it was still beautifullty decorated.
I cannot recommend this b&b enough, it has to be one (if not) the finest in Blackpool. Even though modern, the guest house still retains a lovely homely atmosphere and is so welcoming after a long day out in Blackpool. The hosts cannot do enough for you and it feels like home away from home. The breakfasts are fantastic and the location is fab.

Reviewed February 9, 2009

My girlfriend and I were given tickets to see Russell Brand in Blackpool, we were over the moon as we both think he is funny. But the excitement soon turned to stress, with the arduous task of finding a place to stay that suited our personality and style!
Now dont get me wrong, i know that blackpool has the whole 'nostalgia' decor in its hotels but its not what we wanted at all. We wanted something contemporary in style, modern touches, nice walk into the centre and a lovely couple to make us feel at home... Well i have to admit we didn't have much luck, until my partner found THE ARTHINGTON!!!!!
We stayed there in one of the luxury rooms, and that was an understatement! Super kingsized bed, flat screen tv, breakfast to die for, and second to none hosts! We have already decided to book up for a weekend in june, and a weekend for the illuminations.
In a nutshell, the best price, the best room, the best hosts, the best B and B pet (Tanya), the best breakfast, and the luck to get a parking space in front of the hotel hahaha.

Reviewed January 25, 2009

I can not recommend the Arthington enough to those who are looking for somewhere to stay in Blackpool. Steve and Elaine the owners are very friendly and welcoming people. They have decorated the B & B absolutely lovely (which I will prob use some ideas in my own home) its NOT the typical old lady flower power B & B. We stayed in the premier room, which had been
decorated with a contemporary design and very comfortable, with a new walk in shower cubical. Everywhere is very clean and the breakfast was very enjoyable. Their bar facilities was excellent and their prices were very reasonable, you felt very at home in their lounge area whilst having a drink and watching the two flat screen tv's, ideal for all you footy fans.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2009

Myself and my partner stayed here for 3 nights in May. We booked there superking room which i believe to be there best and most expensive room. We were offered a great rate for this and the pictures looked great, so we booked it. On arrival at the hotel we were greated by the friendly owners and once checked in, were taken to our room. The room itself was great, very nicely decorated with flat screen tv on the wall. It does face the street, so is a little noisy at night if you leave the window open, but all in all a superb room. The ensuite was really nice to. On arrival we asked if we could eat dinner, and we were able to. The food was great and very well priced, along with the drinks. The lounge area has a large tv with sky sports, so spent a lot of time in here, The owner also was happy allowing our 2 friends to visit and watch the football in the lounge. The owners reccomended a chinese restaurant about 10 mins walk away which is a buffett restaurant and was very nice. The town centre is about 10 mins walk in one direction and pleasure beach is about 10 mins walk in the other direction. So a very well located hotel. The breakfast is excellent with plenty of choice. Overall a great hotel, with great owners in an ideal location. Will definalty stay again if we visit blackpool.

• Stayed: May 2008