“Simply the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
lampeter
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The best place to stay in Blackpool without a shadow of a doubt! I am actually writing this review in The Arthington on my last night into a three night stay. You cannot fault this B&B in any way!
The quality of the breakfast is amazing. I work in the Meat Industry and the bacon and sausages used are top butcher quality. The choice and variety is unbelievable!
The rooms are spotlessly clean and warm. To be honest every aspect of this place is perfect but what makes The Arthington really work is the welcome. Steve and Elaine just put you at ease and you feel like The Arthington is a home from home!
Just one thing I find amusing is how does Steve remember the breakfast orders? It makes me chuckle! From what type of bread, buttered or/and toasted bagel, fried scambled or poached egg, he never writes nothing down but remembers three or four orders at a time to perfection!
If you are ever traveling to Blackpool which is a brilliant place for families you have got to stay here! You be mad not to!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a brilliant two night stay here in October. We stayed in room 8, one of the executive rooms, it is beautifully decorated and the bed is extremely comfortable. The full English breakfast was fabulous. We would stay here again like a shot, and hopefully will do soon. It is very well located, near enough to walk to the centre and the Tower, but there is also a very convenient tram stop right at the bottom of the road. The owners are lovely people and very welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: The executive king rooms are gorgeous
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

A really modern guesthouse with a relaxed atmosphere and very friendly owners. Our king bedroom was so nice and the bed was sooo comfy!! Breakfast was fantastic - we would definitely make a trip here again :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This is the most fantastic hotel in Blackpool in our view just stayed for two nights with my hubby & 2 children Elaine & Steve are so friendly & welcoming the hotel is beautiful & spotless my 9yr old son loved Elaine breakfast (fried bread )lol will be staying here again thats for sure & a big thankyou for milk for older daughter ;)

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank mick h
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Ok to my title "the best B&B in the Uk"
Its a bold statement I know but wait a moment and let me explain .

I live from a suitcase and travel the uk , normally I prefer to find a place and stick with what I am happy with in each area, some places I visit just can't meet every expectation , I try hotel after hotel B&B after B&B until I find a few things , most places i hit lucky and get a few on my list , at the Arthington I find them all here .

1) a nice location .
2) car parking either at the premises or within a sensible distance nearby.
3) a comfortable bed
4) a nice shower
5) wifi availability
6) a good breakfast
7) a local independent business

If you can be bothered to read this I will offer a explanation to each number and comment as to why this is the best

1) the nice location - ok it's blackpool after all & most people are here for pleasure , I'm here for business so I have possibly a differant view on a nice location , for the people coming for pleasure its very close to the seafront and all attractions in Blackpool so perfect for walking the promenade or popping out for a bite to eat , for me as a workaholic who sits up doing emails to the early hours of the morning its in a perfect location ,its on a super quiet street so i can get my head down and work but when I do drag myself away from the computer I can walk out of the door , turn right and I'm literally in view of the sea :) if I want a drink they have their own quiet bar or if your looking for the nightlife its moments away all along the promenade

2) parking for me is important , I not only live in hotels but I also feel I'm attached to my car , 50,000 miles a year :0 there is an abundance of car parking spaces around this B&B if you time it right you could get a space just outside the door if not the you can park free of charge right along the terrace street or in one of the many little parking lots or nearby streets , at the busiest times of year I know parking is sometimes a little harder , but having stayed in Blackpool many times throughout this year I have never not been able get get a space either on the street of the B&B or the next street along.

3) a nice bed --- what more can I say other than ZZZzzzzzzz .
Ok it's blackpool the rooms are smaller than that of a hotel but you have to remember its not a hotel , its a B&B in Blackpool . I've stayed in many b&b's in Blackpool and I can assure you that every b&b in blackpool have limited size rooms , the rooms in the arthington are bigger than most you will find in blackpool i guarantee you , I'm not a small lad by any means and they are more than a adequate size for me . The rooms are finished to the highest standard and have some some amazing finishing touches you just won't get anywhere else . I've stayed here in the signal and a couple of the double rooms and all are amazingly well presented.

4) a nice shower . What more can I say , its a nice shower:) water is nice and hot bathroom is bright and towels supplied are soft and fresh .

5) wifi - its free its fast and it works , most places I stay sometimes struggle with the reception from the router or the broadband speeds are set to ultra low budget economy rates . Using the wifi here is like being at home perfect .

6) a good breakfast . Easily the best breakfast I've had staying in Blackpool , fresh good quality ingredients , from the fresh fruits ,yogurts ,cheeses, to the fruit juices , cereals and hot food everything you could want is available , the quality is not let down by cheap products either , you can tell that they buy the best to give the best , you won't find any value pack bacon or sausage here , only good quality stuff to keep me going on a busy non stop day .

7) a local business - i am all about supporting local business rather than going for big commercialised companys , sometimes i have to stay in the big chains but i really do prefer to give my money to the real people of the world , truthfully you will struggle to find nicer people than the guys at the arthington ,Steve and Elaine have always been welcoming from the first time I've stayed here. Nothing has ever been to much trouble and they have always been helpful with any questions about the area ect.. They always have time for their guests here and I see it with my own eyes , although I don't get to interact with them much because I'm always bloody working , every time I see them talking to other guests either at breakfast , at the lounge bar or booking out Time i am yet to ever see one unhappy customer ,they always have people smiling including myself when I get that spare few moments .

If you have taken time to read this then I'm sorry it is so long but thanks for reading anyway. I honestly don't bother leaving reviews often but this is one place I strongly believe deserves it .

Best wishes
Shaun

Room Tip: Book any room , they are all good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel is the best in Blackpool, its our 4 year staying. The rooms are of an outstanding quality, the finishes touches are amazing. Steve & Elaine are the most welcoming hosts ever and take the time to give you any information you require. Don't book anywhere else as you will not be disappointed with this hotel. The breakfast is fab you can have what you want. 8 of us have just returned from this hotel and already booked our rooms for next year. How Steve remembered our breakfast orders I'll never know. Thanks again Steve & Elaine, we will see you next year.

Room Tip: Executive King are a must.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
bucks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Like so many of Steve and Elaine's customers we keep coming back and will continue. The welcome, decor and cleanliness are all top-notch and the breakfasts are delicious, the Snowfall is so good I have been known to forgo the full English!
St Chads is ideally placed for the Prom and all the main attractions and is an attractive and well-kept road.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple