“Not Fit for my Dog”
Review of Broadway Hotel

Broadway Hotel
Ranked #808 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Booked a twin room for me and my 9 year old son for a half term break to see the illuminations and visit the Pleasure Beach for some half term fun. Have to say this was the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. The room was tiny, the ceiling was water stained and about to come down on top of the bed, the windows were sealed with duck tape, there was a large hole in the plaster wall, the mattress had the spring sticking out, the heating was on full blast all night and would not turn down, the tv didn't work, the drawers had handles missing and didn't open, the cooked breakfast was just about edible but very small portions and there was not enough room for everyone to eat with the staff run off their feet and people waiting ages for food - do I need to go on. Oh yes the staff especially the man behind the desk was rude and really couldn't have cared less that we were unhappy with our room which incidentally was given to another couple before we arrived who subsequently complained and were given another room - room 46 is an absolute disgrace - I would not let my dogs sleep in it - avoid like the plague - it should be closed down.

Room Tip: Book another hotel if you want a good room as you won't get one there.
24  Thank 1965Dianne

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We booked 2 room for one night and wish we had not. Both rooms were very dirty, never been hovered in a long time, dust everywhere. Window broken in one. Heating not working also in that room as did not the tv. Toilet moved in other. The sink was so small and dirty. Toilet roll holder was broken and on the floor. Bathroom cupboard was broken too. Both rooms wallpaper was ripped and very dated.
Breakfast was a joke. Table was dirty. The service was rude. Breakfast was put on the table, even before we we put milk on the cereals. My son over heard the young girls swearing about another guest as she walked passed our table. I know the rooms our cheap, but there no excuses for any where being dirty and manners cost nothing. Please avoid.....

• Stayed: October 2013
27  Thank Mjhine
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Usually I like to make my own decisions and not rely solely on reviews, however this time I wish I had checked the reviews before I booked. I was travelling with my two young children and for that reason booked the family triple room so that we could all be in one room. On arrival we were greeted by numerous guests complaining. We were not given the room we ordered. We were given room 16 and room 17 - a single room and a twin room with a door in between. I explained I didn't book that and was told that that was all I was been offered and as I had already paid if I didn't like it I was free to leave. As it was late and I was alone with two young children at a busy time of year I had no option. The central heating wasn't working in either room, again I complained and was given no help or solution. The walls were damp and wet. I have a daughter with asthma and these conditions made her worse. The kettle had no lead. The TV wasn't picking up channels. Wet damp walls with plaster coming off dangerously close to the plug sockets. My other daughter was in tears as the springs in her mattress were sticking out all over her body so I had to swap with her. This hotel was horrendous with rude and arrogant staff who clearly didn't care at all. When I asked for a full refund I was told NO they wouldn't issue it and I would need to go back to booking.com. The rooms were not fit for human habitation and contravened so many health and safety and hotel inspection regulations that it should be closed. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!

Room Tip: There isn't one!! Avoid!!
29  Thank Beverley E
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very poor hotel . Beds are very old and falling apart . Had too go after just 2 nights as it was so bad . Do Not Go !!!! The food was poor and staff unhelpful. The only good thing about this hotel is the location ,it's good for the pleasure beach.

• Stayed: October 2013
22  Thank whoy
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Where do I begin, well lets start with upon entering the room me and my young daughter were staying in (Room 28) I discovered Blood stains on the bed sheets! stains on the shower floor! a filthy toilet! hairs on the basin! and bird poo on the window. I was on holiday for a three night stay here with my family who were staying in Room 19. I flatly refused to stay in the room and had to sleep in the other room, my father ended up sleeping in room 28 on top of the bed. Room 19 the single bed was being supported the one side by books! The radiators didn't work in either room, there was black hairs on the towels, on the basin and the tv didn't work properly. The carpets were filthy and we all ended up sleeping on top of the beds again. For Breakfast the girls serving were unhelpful, seeming to be like zombies from another planet, mostly interested in sniggering at people and how their hair looked. The cutlery was dirty, tables unclean, no extra servings of anything even toast which has never happened in any other hotel I have stayed in before. We felt rushed like they didn't even want us in there, no hospitality whatsoever. In the lounge area there was no entertainment, only beer in cans and the bar closed at ten pm! On the first night we were ushered out at this time by a miserable bloke who serves behind the bar there. This hotel has been left to go to rack and ruin and on the plaque outside it says it won best Hotel in Blackpool 2004! What the hell happened in the nine years after this for the life of me I do not know. We left after two nights as we couldn't put up with it anymore, the man behind the serving desk just said ok then! and the whole experience at this Hotel spoilt what should have been a lovely holiday in Blackpool. So many people other than us were complaining while we were there. The other reviews that say you get what you pay for well, surely you should have clean bedding and a clean bathroom?! In any other Hotel at the same price we have stayed in at least we had that and I don't think there should be any compromise on this. My advice, please do not and I repeat do not stay here it need shutting down, absolutely disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25  Thank 859Gem
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Just finished a visit to Blackpool to see the lights. Chose Broadway for its location, but wished we hadn't. Rooms are out dated, furnishings in need of a good clean and some of the staff need an attitude makeover. Toilet didn't flush properly, floors uneven and every door had problems shutting. My advice, find somewhere else, unless you are on a stag or hen night.

Stayed: October 2013
25  Thank Fluhrer
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have just left this hotel after spending the worst time ever in a hotel. The staff was unhelpful, the rooms where shabby and unclean. Our windows wouldn't close, the radiator didn't work, tv didn't work, carpet hadn't seen a hoover in weeks. We was offered another room at the top of the hotel which is no good for a disabled person. The bar was closed at 10.00pm so couldn't get a drink or bar snacks, we went across the road to The Silversands Hotel and although we wasn't staying there they couldn't do enough for us. Our breakfast at the Broadway was rushed to say the least. Cutlery wasn't clean, table clothes needed cleaning breakfast very poor. There was no wheelchair access and it is not suitable for a disabled person. I can definitely say we will not be going back.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
23  Thank Christine P