“Fantastic place to stay. Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Belmont Hotel

Belmont Hotel
Ranked #228 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay. Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Ive stayed here a number of times and have always found the family run personal touch so refreshing. Usually stay in hiltons and many more 4 star venues but this is such a lovely relaxed environment and great value. The service is personal and your custom so valued its realy worth a look. Always stop here when in the area on business. Ten times better than the travelodge.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Insight_Hospitality
cord45h, Owner at Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are glad that our hard work does not go unnoticed and although that 'personal touch' is natural for us we all work extra hard to make our guests' stays enjoyable and achieve the 'home away from home' experience. Hope to see you again.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tipton West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just got back this week from another 3 night stay with Cordelia and her mom. Another fantastic time had by us all. We were a party of 12 and were all accomodated to a high standard.

We enjoyed it so much again we booked for our 8th time next year.

Rooms great and the refurbed rooms look amazing. We stay in the 4 berth family room and love it.

Breakfast is fantastic a lovely full english offered along with plenty of toast, tea/coffee and fruit juices aswell as cereals and yogurts. I have read a review from someone who said they came down to breakfast at 0905am and all of the fruit juices had gone..... this person only needed to ask and it would have been replenished as Cordelia and her Mom go to lengths to ensure that you all have what you need at what ever time of day you need it.

Once again thanks to Cordelia and crew it was an amazing weekend and we can't wait to see you next year.

The Walker Clan x

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie W
cord45h, Owner at Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. It was fabulous to see you all again including the new addition to the family - gorgeous! Cannot wait to see the clan this year particularly as those that had to work this time are managing to come too. Also glad you got everything you needed at breakfast - as you mentioned you only have to ask and we will provide (if we can!). Also please you liked the refurbished rooms - I'm getting pretty handy with a roller and mum & dad's expertise is always appreciated! Just to let you know that ALL the rooms have hd flatscreen televisions now (minimum 32") with a whopper tv in the ''honeymoon' four poster. Looking forward to October.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect from the hotel as it was a last minute booking and the cheapest I could find.

The hotel is in a great location - on central prom, to the left is the funfair and it's a few minutes walk from the shops and the Tower.

The hotel itself is nice enough. Our room was very very small (no room for anything other than a bed and built in cupboards above it) but it was very clean and decorated nicely. The en-suite had a very powerful hot shower which was lovely. Clean towels and bedding. The bed itself was very hard but I still slept with all that sea air.

The owner is lovely - we had a few nice chats and she gave us a real insight into what it was like to run a B&B in Blackpool.

Lovely bar with a pool table - stocked well and prices similar to elsewhere.

Nice breakfast - only thing I'd say is that breakfast is served between 9am and 9.30am - I can understand why this is done as a business but not the most convenient for guests. On the first day we got down to breakfast at 0905 and the fruit juice was already gone so we did without. The breakfast itself was nice and served quickly. They catered for requests from children too which was nice to see.

All in all a positive stay - just a little small in the bedroom. I would stay here again mainly because of the owner and her friendliness. She takes pride in her business and although it's not her fault the rooms are small, you still have everything you need.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline J
cord45h, Owner at Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We always appreciate when one of our guests takes time out to let us know how they enjoyed their stay and also allows us to make changes if something raises a concern. I take onboard your comments about room size, but unfortunately like most Blackpool hotels space is limited although we have taken every effort to utilise space to give maximum amenities to our guests. It is worth noting that we do offer larger rooms (superior and four poster) so if you stay with us again it may be worth opting for an upgrade. Also all rooms now have flatscreen tv's (minimum 32") allowing added space in each bedroom. With regards to your comments about breakfast we offer a limited time period for this meal to offer the best value for money to our guests. Rather than offer breakfast at a premium rate over an extended period of time we prefer to offer a budget rate of £5 but this does mean we must limit the time it is available. In addition, following many years of operation we have found that with the huge range of activities in the town most of our guests are up and raring to go first thing in the morning as to maximise their days activities. I am sorry that you found the orange juice lacking. We offer a full range of juices for breakfast but occasionally the jugs run dry - I wish you had asked your waitress as she had simply not noticed this and would have rushed to get you a fresh jug. Based on your comments we have now taken steps to ensure that this situation does not occur again. We hope that you will join us again to enjoy the changes we have made.
Droitwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stumbled across this little gem by mistake! Hotel booked around the corner was closed!!
Greeted and made welcome by Cordelia, the proprietor, and from the start nothing was too much trouble and every care taken to make my overnight stay very comfortable.
Cordelia is not only "Jack of all trades" but also "Master of them all". Bedroom immaculately clean with better than usual accessories, flat screen 32" digital TV, tea, coffee, hot choc etc and plenty of toiletries.
Lounge Bar fully stocked and sensible prices encourages more spending... a refreshing change from the usual Hotel rip off charges.
There was Cordelia again early am and a Full English Breakfast completed a very enjoyable over night stay. Should be full all the time!! Ring: 01253 345815 You wont be disappointed!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rogerdenton
cord45h, Owner at Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. Very much appreciated. I enjoyed our chat in the bar and glad you enjoyed our guests and my company too. Since your stay we have added further refinements and been refurbishing to make the bar lounge even more comfortable and relaxing. I hope you will visit us again and let us know what you think.
Halifax, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We booked a midweek break at this hotel location was great, we upgraded and paid more for a luxury room, luxury it was not, it stated on the web site there was at least a 32inch flat screened TV in the room and the bedding was luxury bedding but the TV was an old 26inch which had seen better days, and there was no luxury bedding, no toilet roll holder in the bathroom, no hair dryer, the sink was coming away from the wall in the bathroom, we were not impressed, not worth the extra money we paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
cord45h, Owner at Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate feedback. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I was shocked that you had any issues as I & my staff went to great lengths, as we do with all of our guests to make sure you were happy. I am the owner, and I myself checked you into and out of the hotel and constantly asked if everything was alright. Not once did you voice any concerns. Your allocated room was not available when you arrived at 10.30 am as the previous occupant had not yet vacated (check out is 10-11am) I gave you the option to wait until the room had been cleaned and check in at 2pm or to take an alternative room. You chose to check in 3 1/2 hours early. I showed you to your room & for the first (but not the last) time checked that this was satisfactory. You said that it was. The room you stayed in is indeed due to be refurbished at the end of the season when Blackpool and the hotel become less busy, but is, like all other rooms constantly maintained and cleaned and I have struggled to find the sources of your complaints. The sink is firmly affixed to the wall otherwise it would leak, the hairdryer is in the drawer where it lives, the bedding is of excellent quality and high thread count as are the towels and whilst the tv is indeed not a flatscreen it is not 26". I remain puzzled. Again, I must point out that you chose to check in early into this room and were shown to it by myself and could have at any point raised your concerns, unjustified or not. I consider your review to be supremely unfair and quite frankly cowardly when you did not tell us you were unhappy or give us a chance to rectify any problems you felt you experienced. I reiterate, every time I or any of my staff saw you wherever in the hotel we asked if everything was alright or if you needed assistance. Most of the time you were quite impolite choosing not to engage in conversation, but we persevered, and at no time did you say you were not satisfied. Again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us when we have so many guests who visit us time after time, but I do understand that we are not everyone's 'cup of tea' and that not every person who steps through our doors will become a valued repeat customer.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very very good value for money - I found other reviews praising this place were SPOT ON! Place was clean, comfortable & provided a good standard of room & bathroom with Lots of love of HOT water!
Room at the back fine as it meant it was quiet, although it was a mid week stay. Parking was convenient & general location very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lindatrev
cord45h, Owner at Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for writing a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and all was well. It is nice to know our hard work and effort to provide a clean and comfortable hotel continues to pay off. We make every effort to ensure our guests get a good night sleep by limiting our customer base to couples, families and solo travellers meaning minimal noise inside the hotel at night - after a hard day at the seaside and with all the activities Blackpool provides everyone needs their sleep to reenergise!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean and tidy as was the whole hotel. Cordelia the owner was extremely friendly on the phone when booking and in person at the hotel. There was a well stocked bar which was very reasonable. Breakfast was very nice and cooked fresh. We will definitely be returning to this hotel next time we are in Blackpool. Thanks :-)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank laura6189
cord45h, Owner at Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again soon.