“Fantastic hotel-highly recommended to anyone” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtneys of Gynn Square

Courtneys of Gynn Square
Ranked #142 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Wales
“Fantastic hotel-highly recommended to anyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

Me, my wife and 3 kids stayed in Courteneys on 16th August for 1 night and were amazed at how friendly and kind the lady was. She brought us milk for tea and ironed our clothes for us even though she was busy herself preparing breakfast. Its a lovely hotel and i would recommend it to anyone. Breakfast was lovely and it had a lovely grand piano in the front room, just a shame we couldnt stay longer to have a go on it!!!! Brilliant! *****

Room Tip: We stayed in a chalet at the back of the hotel as there were 5 of us and its was very comfortable an...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

We had a great time in Blackpool the place is so different to what we have here in Australia. The new owners made us so welcome and while the room was small for three the service was great, breakfast was damm good

Room Tip: Out of the way in Blackpool but a great place to e
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Malandjulia
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Courtneys for 4 nights as we were visiting his family and there was no space for us to stay.
So we booked Courtneys with good rates and I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleased with everything the place has to offer, especially the service.
The new owners are lovely people and they are very helpful and down to earth. Breakfast was nice, bar was cheap and good selection. The room was very clean.

It is 2 minutes walk from the Gynn square tram stop but you can probably walk to the notch pier in under 30 minutes.

• Stayed June 2011
wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

Not been to Blackpool for a while and was surprised to find this gem of a hotel. Nothing was too much trouble. The owners were more than willing to cater for us. The decor was stunning and the level of comfort was superb. Breakfast was more than expected and would fill most people for the day. The Chesterfield sofas are really comfortable. The bar offered plenty of choice. Will return there, and only there; when i next visit Blackpool.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Warwick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

Both myself and my dad have stayed at this great little hotel so this review is from two different generations however the result is the same in one word great.
My dad stayed here earlier in the year for his annual trip to Blackpool and I recommended it to him as I had stayed before. He gave glowing reports on his return.
I stayed a bit later on business / pleasure and I could not say enough about the owners.
When I checked in the owner showed me available rooms and asked me to take my pick! The breakfast was excellent and I spent a pleasant hour chatting to the owner in her atmospheric wee bar before going out in the evening. Cannot praise highly enough.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

I have stayed at Courtneys for the past 3 years, each time in November. Simon & Cheryl are lovely people, and are warm and welcoming. The breakfasts are fantastic - lots of choice and everything tastes great. I would recommend this place to anyone. Oh, great beds too!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Luton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

I'm afraid my review will read like the rest......This is a perfect hotel in every way. The owners met me with genuine warmth and friendliness. The room was perfect for my needs and had everything you would hope ie tea/coffee facilities(and planty of them for a change!), tv and complimentary toiletries. The place is spotless and perfectly situated a little way outside the north end of town. It was a really busy weekend in Blackpool and I expected to be hearing revellers falling home at all hours, but I didn't hear a thing. (So peaceful in fact, that I slept straight through my alarm and nearly missed my train home! Ha ha). Wonderfully peaceful for such a convenient location. This hotel really is the jewel of the Northwest. I'd be more than happy to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo