“INVASION OF PRIVACY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of The World Hotel

The World Hotel
Ranked #762 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2012

i recently stayed here with a group off about 23 girls on a hen weeken, myself and the hen shared a room which was huge and had a corner bath in the en-suite bathroom the room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable, only good comments i have about this hotel. Everything seemed ok as we arrived we thought we were just being asked to all wait in the bar area until all our keys for rooms were sorted how wrong were we. Fran started to give us a speach about being allowed to walk around in our pjs as its girls only which is fine but her husband was always around so not girls only really !!!!!!!, she then asked us if we were on the pull and told us if we were then we must go to the other hotel we explained thats not what we were there for as were all either married or attached and even if we were on the pull not her business really is it., we all commented on how we felt like school children on a trip. Weird that they wait up 4 u and a hotel that doesnt give u a choice of full english or continental i have never came across it before. We were also told it was forbiden to take our keys out with us they said for our safety REAL REASON they go into your rooms when your not in, on our first night we returned about 2.30 i asked for the bottles of larger that fran had kindly stored in her fridge for us (as the hotel bar wasnt licenced) she waved her finger at me i thought she wanted me to follow her to the fridge she led me to the room i was staying in and showed me the lock was broken it didnt occur to me that night as i was a little bit drunk but the next morning one of our party came to our room and told us they had been asked to cover the cost of the lock as fran didnt want to upset the hen i suddenly wondered how did fran know the lock was broke, when we left for our night out we locked the door with the key and handed it in as instructed but when she showed me the lock was broke the key wouldnt lock the door, as we later found out fran lets herself into the rooms when people go out for what reason im not sure not an experience i will be in a hurry to repeat. If you dont mind being subjected to rudness or your privacy being invaded then THIS IS THE HOTEL FOR YOU

1  Thank Julie H

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Myself and my 7 hens stayed her a few weekends ago for a long weekend in Blackpool. It was just fab! A proper wee B&B with a warm and friendly welcome. They really looked after us an made sure we knew where we were going on our pre-arranged trips out & about.

Even though it was just off the front it was nice and quite, great for a good nights sleep after our nights on the town.

The food was good and we loved how we could go down to breakfast in our pj's. What with it being an all girl B&B I felt at home and able to relax.

Would defo stay again with the girls, can't recommend it enough. Everything you want from a B&B!

Room Tip: The big room!
Reviewed September 9, 2012

OMG!!!! it was fantastic!!! fran was so welcomeing and they made all of us so at home they was so helpfull and what ever you needed it was there!! rooms 100% each 1 was quality and different clean and comfie 100%, food [omg] 100%, bathroom 100% The whole lot was fantastic. Haveing to hand in your keys is a great idea as 1 of our party was tired so she could go back she would get in safely and so could we! female only hotel and i will defo go back.lovely and quite at night and we was right round corner from sea.
Thank you so much to fran and terry.
Hope to see you soon.
love carly,jade,kate,louise,becky,jess,laura

Reviewed August 6, 2012

brilliant hotel ... no problems rooms are a little small but didnt bother me. fran was lovely u was made to feel very welcome.. yes u do have to hand your keys in but dont see the problem with this.... and it is continental breakfast such as toast, boiled eggs, cheese, salami ,yogurts ,cereal and fruit but who wants a fry up after a bad hang over so thought this was a good idea actually.going back soon and cant wait....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Hotel was lovely and clean, bit annoying having to keep handing key in and having to wait for them to answer the door. Would of been better if a cooked breakfast was avalable for breakfast. Owners was rather rude at times (I shared a room with my older auntie and we never even opened the window, they acused us of breaking and then decieded we hadnt to left it ( they left open ) then when we was checking out they checked room and acused us of opening it, very rudely kicked us out, pushing us out of door.(in other words they broke it and was trying to blame us ) if we had done it we would of payed). Wouldn't recommend my opinion anyways

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank holliexbobble
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel is only open weekends for hen parties, which our organiser had booked through an agency. Terry was great and showed me around the public areas while Fran was organising the room allocations. My room was clean and had a shower en suite, however there was no lock on the bathroom door so just as well I was on very good terms with my room mate. Soap dispenser provided but we only had bath towels, no hand towels, which I thought was odd. However I,m sure I could have got some if I'd asked.
Fran made a big thing that we could leave our rooms unlocked as no one was allowed access to the hotel who wasn't a resident. However a few of our group weren't happy with that as they had valuables in their rooms. It was only when we were congregating in the lounge before going out on the town that it was made clear to us that we were not allowed to take our room keys out of the building. Fran had checked all the doors to ensure the keys had been left in them, those that had not were made to hand them in!
Public areas, my room and en suite were clean and tidy. Hairdryer, TV and tea/coffee making facilities provided too. Drinks in the bar very expensive, £1 for a glass of cider (poured from a flagon) and £2.50 for a can of lager, if my memory serves me right.
Each room is supposed to have 'a theme', hence the name of the hotel. However most of our party were hard placed to name the country after which their room was 'designed'.
My only complaint would be that this must be the only hotel in Blackpool that doesn't provide a cooked breakfast. As Fran said 'the only thing cooked in the morning will be the boiled eggs'. A member of the party found a little cafe around the corner that did a lovely fry up after a heavy night, much needed. Continental breakfast comprised of tea/coffee, toast, aforementioned boiled eggs, jams, cold meats and some cheese.
When our coach driver called on the morning of our departure to load our cases, Fran refused him entry because she is very insistent that this is a female only hotel. I personally didn't find her assurances that we could walk around in our night wear comforting and it was also a little strange that she insists on waiting up at night to let every one in - whatever time some of the stragglers might make it.
Hotel ok for the purpose it is intended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BluebirdFACup08
Reviewed April 8, 2012

stayed at this hotel on a hen party, it had just been taken over by Fran and Terry, it was an all female hotel so Terry tended to keep out the way but was there if you needed him, Fran was a great host and nothing was to much trouble, great hotel to stay if you are looking for a all female party venue where you can let your hair down and walk round half dressed without the worry of bumping into any unexpected males on the landing, Fran warned us it could get a bit noisy when partying girls arrive back after a night on the town, this was not a problem to us and i must say i have stopped at much rowdier hotels in Blackpool !
a great venue to stay if you are looking for a all female stay but if you are looking to get lucky girls and take any males back then this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends