“Well Done Lyndene”

Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Ipswich
“Well Done Lyndene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

Recently had a Mon-Fri break. Weather not great. Blackpool not looking too good. The hotel and staff were simply great. The Entertainment was just right (Jimmy Jermaine was brilliant and what a gent too) The staff were ALL brilliant, from room attendants, through bar staff, to chefs, and seemed willing to always go that extra mile to make our stay enjoyable even to the point that Mr. Young spent time in the hotel and was always happy to chat. Very welcoming hotel. Will we return? If not for the Lyndene then we would give Blackpool a miss. Well Done Lyndene.
Only one complaint ............. Nothing to complain about !!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Polish first
liverpool
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

Just got back from a one night stay at the Lyndene Hotel.
My M.I.L had spent some time there and recommended it to me. I registered my email address with them and in time was sent an offer, £55.00 for two of us,D,B+B.
Great, we thought.
Got there at 2 in the afternoon and checked in straight away.
Room was clean and tidy. Air con didn't work. Remote for TV was available at reception for a £5 deposit,but,you were supposedly able to operate it manually. It didn't work.
Asked at reception if we could have some more milk for our coffees and was told you could PURCHASE them at the bar! We have never had to pay for milk before!
Anyway, dinner was at 6.15 at the Connaught Restaurant. A five course meal.
First course we chose Ham Roulade, which was a small slice of ham with cream cheese spread on and rolled up and sliced with some brown lettuce. Wasn't worth dirtying a plate for! It was tiny! Then there was soup, which was ok.
For the main course I chose roast pork. Couldn't believe what I was brought. I got two very thin slices of what looked like bacon covered in gravy with two very generous portions of stuffing. The potatoes were not good,the vegetables were ok.
My other half chose breaded chicken which also came covered in gravy! Was not nice.
We finished with cheese and biscuits which consisted of two crackers and two small sticks of cheese.
The one thing I can say in Lyndenes' favour is that the waiter was excellent.
We went out that night so can't comment on the entertainment.
Bed was ok. Corridors quite noisy and smokey.
Breakfast was better than the evening meal but not great.
You might say "What do you want for £55?" Well, we have stayed in Brittania Hotels for the same price and the quality is by far superior than the Lyndene.
I would of hated to have payed the going rate for what we received.
We went to this hotel based on all the good things we were told about it and now we've been, I don't know how anyone can say it's any good.
We won't be returning!
Breakfast was better than the evening meal but not that great.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
PSwiftMGR, Owner at Lyndene Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
In answer to your report, we have written proof that the statement that you have made is incorrect.
I'd like to point out to you, that you came to the Lyndene on a promotion from our web site. This was due to the hotel being fully booked for the weekend and for the midweek, leaving us with a surplus of rooms available on that Sunday night, which we decided to sell off at a greatly reduced rate. The price you paid actually included COMPLIMENTARY breakfast and evening dinner. There were over 300 guests staying at the Lyndene during your stay, who enjoyed the same 5 course dinner, you were the only person who has complained the portions were not large enough.We know from experience (over 30 years) that the average guest is unable to consume 5 large courses during dinner.
You state that you were asked to pay for additional milk. All guests are provided with COMPLIMENTARY Tea/Coffee AND MILK in their bedrooms. These are replenished daily. I note that you do not mention, however, the COMPLIMENTARY tea (including COMPLIMENTARY MILK) served every morning from one of our 3 Bars.
As for the remote controls, all the televisions are large flat screen LCD, wall mounted, multi channel televisions, less than 2 years old. They can all be worked manually. Had you informed the hotel staff of your difficulties in working the television, they would have quite happily shown you how to work it.
I find it difficult to understand why you did not voice your complaints during your stay at the Hotel, but feel the need to broadcast them over the internet upon your return.
Johnstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

just stayed at hotel for long weekend with friends, the staff were very helpful and friendly, and willing to help
the rooms were clean and tidy,could not ask for a better hotel************A1*************************

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

I have stayed at the Lyndene for the past four years for a week on each visit. The hotel has always been spotlessly clean, and the staff have always been very helpful and pleasant. I have recommended the hotel to other people and they have all enjoyed their stay there. The choice of food is excellent, and the hotel is very central, with both bus stops and tram stops outside the door.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Belfast, N. Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Stayed here for one night during our week long honeymoon. A few other places we looked at rooms in were to be honest quite horrific. The hotel was clean and yes a bit dated, but I get the impression that most of Blackpool is, so it's probably one of the better places to stay if you haven't much money. The lady on reception was extremely helpful and all the foreign staff were lovely too. We found it quiet enough in our room. It is smoky throughout the hotel, obviously caters for the majority of clients which is fair enough, so we had the window open all night as my nose seemed to run and run and I found it very smelly of smoke! Didn't like the breakfast, caters for mass feeding and it wasn't nice at all. I had always wanted to see Blackpool and was extremely disappointed at how trashy and rough it is. I guess it's what a lot of people like, but I obviously had completely the wrong impression of it, my fault totally. I would recommend this hotel if you had to stay overnight in Blackpool, if you don't then I would just drive on to Southport, it's lovely and Morecambe was nicer too!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
newcastle-upon-tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

We have stayed at the LYNDENE for approx. the last seven years, 2 to 3 times a year
mostly in the same room, 127, 128 and 93b. May say at this point we have found the
hotel not only very clean and tidy,but the staff are a credit to there supeiors.I can sincerely
say at this point this will definitrly not be our last stay at this hotel.and we wish the
management and staff allthe very best for the future with many bookings to come.
we remain yours truly.
Mr. & Mrs. Richardson and family

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

the hotel has a complete disregard of the needs of the guests.poor parking,made worse by over zealous traffic wardens.although parking passes are given you will still a fixed penalty notice (£35).the reception staff are complete idiots.if u are really unlucky they over book and send youto the hotel next dood ST. CHADS. ENOUGH SAID ---- STAY AWAY IS MY ADVICE !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank boober01
PSwiftMGR, Owner at Lyndene Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
Dear Guest,
Unfortunately your comments made are completely untrue. We never over book the Lyndene on purpose so that guests HAVE to go to the St Chads. We only use the St Chads hotel when we are fully booked and guests who want to stay at the Lyndene are offered the St Chads on a room only basis, so they can use all the amenities at the Lyndene as if they were a Lyndene Hotel resident. As you quite rightly state you were given a parking permit from the Lyndene staff, this CLEARLY STATES "Do not park over or block the pavements as Management take no responsibility for cars parked illegally". It is an offence to block pedestrian walkways. It was your choice to illegally park, when there is a perfectly adequate carpark only 5 minutes walk away from the hotel. Traffic waldens will see this as a serious violation and is nothing to do with the Lyndene hotel. The hotel operates a first come first served parking policy which is clearly stated on all hotel literature. I do not appreciate you calling my staff names when you are the one who has clearly broken the law. My hotel is extremely well run and I am proud of that !