“Super lyndine”

Ranked #26 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
Birmingham, England
“Super lyndine”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband my father and myself had a lovely 5 day stay at this hotel, from the time of arrival untill the time we left we had 5 star treatment. It was out first time at this hotel, most impressive, barry the owner and all his team where most helpful in aaevery way. The room was spotlessly clean with everything we needed and the and the maid was lovely. The food excellent and the service, the waiter terry was always greeting us with a smile and always returned to the table and asking if everything was ok. The bar staff were lovely alway very pleasant and quick service. We enjoyed the afternoon activities and the evenings were great lovely shows. All in all a geat holiday. As soon as we got home we rebooked for December and cant wait. From brian and sylvia martin and father.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel very nice and friendly staff, good entertainment every night, loved bingo, then singers, lots of things to do day and night , rooms were nice and clean , will be staying here again soon

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kelrobs
hyde
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here 2 years ago and were looking forward to the same high level of hospitality as previously experienced. What a let down! We booked a seaview room, which we were led to believe was more spacious than other rooms, it was tiny and very difficult to access wardrobe area without climbing over the bed!
We were allocated a table for dinner on the end of a long line of tables and to be fair the couple next to us were lovely, unfortunately for them tho the couple on the other side were a nightmare. There needs to be a reasonable gap between guests. Two years ago I would have described the food as excellent but this area seems to have gone downhill rapidly and I can only describe it as canteen fare... frozen, microwaveable and uneatable. I was very disappointed. the waiter service was somewhat lacking in clearing tables and we as a family of 3 struggled to find room for our meals. There was plenty of choice but I found the alternative menu complicated and why wasn't this on the main menu? Breakfast was better, although queues for the 'buffet' were large. I am a bit of a 'butter freak' and even my partner agreed that the butter was rancid.
Entertainment consisted of an organist and bingo until about 10ish and that was if you could get a seat with many people reserving seats from 5 pm. We couldn't bring ourselves to stay for the main act later on.
In my opinion Blackpool has deteriorated in recent years and has become very tacky. This hotel needs to up its game if it wants to attract anyone under 60 looking for a decent fun filled break. So sorry Lyndene but you just disappointed me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank citylady5488
lyndene303, Owner at Lyndene Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear readers
These reviewers were regular guests at the Lyndene Hotel, which we appreciate considering they have over 2000 establishments to choose from. They state we have a high level of hospitality, and I am sorry that something has obviously gone wrong for them to put a negative review on, although no record of any complaints from these guests were received during their stay. I would just like to correct one or two things. Our menu is very very simple to read with the same format as on their previous visits and has a very large choice, up to 16 main course choices are available to order, so why all of a sudden it has become complicated we do not know. Our entertainment is second to non in Blackpool. Three professional artistes/duos/groups/tributes per evening commencing at 8.50 pm not 10ish as these reviewers describe. I do not know how a hotel likes ours with over £1,000,000 spent in the last 18 months could possibly have deteriorated in the way this reviewer states. I know from vast experience we cannot please all of the guests all of the time but we know we please most and that is why we are the busiest hotel in Blackpool.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here 14th Oct for 4 nights and had a really good break a very clean room,room 10 but a postage stamp bathroom really small though it did`nt spoil our time there. good food in a very busy restaurant we found the staff friendly and a great breakfast. 2 lounges with 1st class entertainment every evening and a good bar x3. It is a large hotel and the reception is busy but we found the staff there very pleasant and helpful. We would stay here again but we would need a larger room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank prayterpieeater_11
Birmingham
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel do not accept or reply to complaints. The below e mail was sent twice without the courtesy of a response...speaks volumes

I am very dis-satisfied with our treatment from yourselves.
As you are aware I originally booked with Late rooms ,cost £260
My sister in law has COPD and is claustrophobic..so it was essential that she have a room on no higher than the first floor. Following a conversation with yourselves you informed me that even with a chronic medical condition your policy was that Late rooms booking have what’s available on arrival and there could be no stipulations.
So I cancelled this original booking and the cost went from £260 to £424 (ignoring my adding seaviews to our booking)
So having paid an extra £164 what do we find on arrival...we are both on the second floor, only one with a seaview (not an essential but booked ).All that is on your paperwork for Hazel *** room is “easy access needed”.
As you can see the room allocation was very important so I confirmed this by e mail the week before and the sea views..you did reply so what went wrong with this booking.
We gained absolutely nothing from cancelling the Late Rooms booking and under the circumstances
you let us down very badly..but you gained £164 for nothing in the process.
You manage to allocate Hazel **** a room on the first floor...this was a totally suitable room and they were both awoken at 5.30am the next day with the noise from a fan. You are obviously aware of this, and I can only presume that you had no other rooms so you gave them this small box with the intention of changing their room the next day when they complained..and this you did
We did get our view on the 2nd floor but from the room allocated to us I should have stayed with Late Rooms because it couldn’t have been any worse. The size of a small box..the bathroom mirror was so low that I could only shave by stooping down..not much good for somebody over 6 foot tall with a long term back condition. There is a mirror by the small wardrobe..but the hairdryer is by the door..not much good for my wife being there.
I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the last 10 years with my work and know prices and what is value for money...yours was not with the price we paid. I can accept basic accommodation if you pay bottom price...but we didn’t.

Room Tip: Just because you pay more does not guarantee a good room. Very dated guest house
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ptmatt7328
kent
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We returned this year for the illumzinations (last year in the summer with my 15 yr old son) and stayed in room 68 on top floor...
Be warned the hotel is like a sauna, had to have windows open in room all the time. Our meals were held in the Washington restaurant and we shared table with 5 other couples during or meal times of 5.15 and 6.15 no one kept to these times tho
Every time I are meal in the restaurant I wore vest top or summer top the heat is stifling, the waiting staff were permanently wiping their brows!
Staff I could not fault happy to help, hubby has to have decaf coffee and lacotse free milk so we brought our own gave to reception who arranged for it to be brought out each meal time
Entertainments OK..bit of bingo and a tribute act each nite..on our last nite saw a young lad singing was very good had everyone up dancing young and old but was told to wind it down at 12 ..was a shame as he was very entertaining and funny Think name was Toby Mac cleod
lift situation is a bit of a nitemare on last day as only 2 in building and can only get 2 ppl in each
Drinks a dirt cheap.?.£1.80 tower lager £1.60 tower bitter..not the best but does the trick
Will I be returning?., of course! Perfect base for us

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room with a bay
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

got a great deal threw laterooms
a mild October break, the showers warm but didn't dampen my break away, loved the groups /acts at night included are free not 1 but 3 every night, and a tribute to the drifters Monday nite, fantastic, you got sunset lounge you could sit in and see illuminations in comfort , just fabulous some times you can do all inclusive, nov is 1 of those times, ideal for the tower or pleasure beach, nice walk either way, nice the other bar organist, singer daytime entertainment, or just sit in the bay windows and look out to sea, great place, loved it, get yourself off

breakfast waitress service or help your self deeeelish, and 5 course meal 7.50 each, bargain and lots of choice and different every night ,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends