“excellent weekend break”

and 1 more site!
The Collingwood Hotel
Ranked #286 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2013

just returned after our first stay at this hotel, made very welcome by pat and christine.stayed in room number 7,everything spot on roomy, clean, colour co-ordinated, wanted for nothing,breakfast was lush,hotel spotless and is a credit to the owners, location just off gynn- gardens, lovely and quiet, parking no problem, cannot see how there can be any negative views,my wife and myself can not recommend this hotel enough.WE WILL RETURN. EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank maleborn1965

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at The Collingwood during the last week in May for six nights.
I did not know what to expect, but my concerns cleared upon meeting Pat & Christine and seeing my large room which was well furnished with a good shower en suite.

The dining room is immaculate, and the breakfast is well cooked and generous. I enjoyed the evening meals which were varied, hot, and prepared by Christine.
I was convalescing so I needed to rest most afternoon's, thank goodness for the hotel's quiet situation, just a 100 yards from the seafront.

I had requested decaffeinated coffee before I arrived, and I was pleasantly surprised to find it in my bedroom, as well as on offer in the dining room.
The bar and lounge were fine, a very comfortable place to relax after a good meal.
I have no need to look any further next time I visit, it is so quiet there that you would not think you were in Blackpool, it even has a small car park.

I recommend The Collingwood unreservedly, Pat and Christine give excellent value for money, a touch of class.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor, it means less stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank frost375
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights over the bank holiday weekend and as with many previous stays at this hotel, we were made very welcome by Pat and Christine. Tried a different room this time and as usual it was clean and very comfortable, breakfast always hot and freshly cooked with plenty of choice. Please do not listen to any bad comments as anyone who does not like it here is impossible to please! We will definately be back again later this year

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank carol-stanley
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just returned from The Collingwood after another excellent 3 night stay! Lovely clean hotel with good food and a friendly welcome. Free parking another bonus! No draught beer but this is not a problem as the large fridge contains more than enough variety to suit anyones taste.... reasonable prices as well! Please do not listen to any bad comments as anyone who does not like it here is impossible to please!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chiltonwmc
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed here, again, in December for a couple of days whilst visiting relatives. We were made very welcome by Pat and Christine and our room was very clean and cosy. The breakfast here is delicious, ample portions and always hot. We plan to stay here again soon. An excellent hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DianeW232
Windwoodbay, Owner at The Collingwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review the Collingwood it was a pleasure meeting you both again and hope we see you on you next visit to Blackpool Pat

Reviewed November 30, 2012

found the collingwood on line night before departing for blackpool for a 4 day trip before the december madness, what a joy, on arriving pat and christine greeted us like we had known them for 30 years. there was nothing they couldnt do for us, my friend had a stroke 6 mths ago so it was good for him and the owners could not have been nicer.rates were very good, breakfast a joy. rooms very comfortable great sleep. will definately be visting again and again. thanks pat and christine.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank george c
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I think that the Collingwood at Blackpool is a very good hotel. The owners Pat and Christine make you so welcome. The hotel is very clean, excellent service and the food is great! I can't wait to go back again and give this hotel 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family