All reviews great hosts toast cereal bars kingsize bed my partner place to stay ironing board very pleasant stay full english little gem two night stay location is ideal black pudding feel very welcome this lovely hotel choice of cereals stayed here for nights
Reviewed June 28, 2017

The Abbey Lodge is a great place to stay when visiting Blackpool.
Close to the Promanarde and all the entertainment venues, all within walking distance.
Steve & Dean along with Pat are very friendly host that run a great B&B. Lovely decorated rooms plus Steve cooks a mean Breakfast.
We love staying here, this is our 3rd visit and we come all the way from Australia.
Would highly recommend Abbey Lodge to anyone looking for quality accommodation in Blackpool.

Trev & Mary. Perth Australia.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Booked through Groupon as a child free couple of days away and found this small b&b to be a little gem of a place. As it was Groupon the deal came with continental breakfast included which was more the enough to see you though to lunchtime. Rooms are very tastefully and newly decorated and include hairdryer,iron, ironing board extra portable radiator and portable fan. Steve and Pat were great hosts and we were made to feel very welcome. We will return hopefully later in the year.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2017

Booked through Groupon after reading good reviews - and I am so pleased we chose Abbey Lodge!

Upon arrival we were greeted by Pat who gave us a very informative introduction, directing us to our rooms and answering any queries.

At first when we entered the room, we noticed there was no hand soap, shampoo, conditioner or biscuits which was suggestive of the room just not been correctly replenished after cleaning. Unlike most it seems, this is not a big deal to us and we did not make a huge fuss, just popped downstairs and mentioned it to Pat who apologised and gave us what we were missing.

Although we did not drink at the bar the bar area/lounge space was lovely and cosy and a great place to meet other guests.

We were offered a continental breakfast as part of the Groupon deal and it specifically states this in the Groupon voucher if people actually take the time to read it before complaining ...

and it was a more than adequate continental breakfast, more than enough to keep you going until lunch time; they bring over toast and jams, croissants and pain au chocolat and hot drinks and you help yourself to cereal, cereal bars and fruit. Although we didnt eat the cooked breakfast it did seem really good, so much so that they have regulars come in for their brekki.
The only minor (and i mean very minor) thing i would say about breakfast is for the amount of crockery, cutlery, cups, sauces, jams etc the tables just dont seem big enough! but with a bit of moving around, you can find the room and its more than adequate.

As we were only there 2 nights we put the 'do not disturb' sign up to save them wasting time cleaning it, however it seemed like the rooms were cleaned every day including fresh towels if you stipulated for them. We found the bed was comfy and we had good nights sleep.

The staff were very accommodating and friendly.

We must say a huge thank you to 'Nanna Pat' she was absolutely lovely! Made us feel so welcome and we got on extremely well with her. The stay would certainly not have been the same without you been there, and we hope that the next time we stay over at Abbey Lodge you will still be helping out! Take it easy, dont work too hard!

Thank you again for a lovely stay, and we definitely would stay again (in fact, we are looking forward to it! might even treat ourselves to your lovely cooked breakfasts!)

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2017

Booked this hotel for 2 nights after reading good reviews regarding breakfast etc.
When we arrived we were told by Dean that he was on his own and therefore would not be able to provide a cooked breakfast, this was disappointing as this is a big part of our holiday - therefore we had to pay for breakfast elsewhere for 2 mornings! Also we were told we should have enough toilet roll for now but he was going to get some that day. My husband had to go and ring the bell the day after to ask for toilet roll, there was no answer so had to take a toilet roll from the downstairs toilet!
Came downstairs on first night to be told there was no draught beer in the bar and dean was going out anyway.
When we got up on the first morning there was no hot water in the room, it came out of the tap as a trickle and also the toilet did not flush properly.
We were very disappointed with our stay even after paying a reduced price on a Groupon deal, not so much of a deal when you have to buy breakfast on top, thank heavens we hadn't paid full price!!!

Stayed: May 2017
AbbeyHotel, Owner at Abbey Lodge Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

Dear fitz9047!!

Thank you soooo much for taking the time to write a review, I feel like there are a few discrepancies in your account of your stay.
CORRECT,When we arrived we were told by Dean that he was on his own. When you arrived i did say I was on my own as Steve had to go home to look after his mum.
FALSE, and therefore would not be able to provide a cooked breakfast, this was disappointing as this is a big part of our holiday - therefore we had to pay for breakfast elsewhere for 2 mornings! You weren't refused a breakfast. On the Groupon deal, it is a continental breakfast, this consists of tea, coffee, toast and preserves, orange juice, cereal, fruit, cereal bars, fruit, croissants, and brioche. (clearly described on Groupon website when you made your booking) You choose not to come down in the morning for it.
CORRECT, You were offered a cooked breakfast, upon arrival for £4.00 per person, which you refused.
FALSE, Also we were told we should have enough toilet roll for now but he was going to get some that day. In every room, there is three toilet rolls, one on the toilet roll holder and two on the shelf. Why after being here for just one night would you require more? If you came down the stairs in the morning, I would have been cleaning rooms or i would have been doing room tidies, either way, I would have been cleaning your room and would have seen you needed toilet roll, why you felt the need to take it out of the downstairs bathroom is beyond me.
CORRECT,on first night to be told there was no draught beer in the bar and Dean was going out anyway. We don't do draught beer, we only serve canned lager, bitter cider, and Guinness. We are only a small guest house not a public house, which are plentiful in Blackpool. I said to you, "once everyone has gone out, I'm gonna have an early night.
CORRECT, the pump that supplies pressure to the showers had tripped, once it had been reset you had running hot water.
CORRECT, even after paying a reduced price on a Groupon deal, not so much of a deal. You did pay a reduced price for your room 50% reduced price for your room. We strive to serve every guest with a high standard regardless of what they have paid for it. You paid £12.50 per head for your booking.
CORRECT, thank heavens we hadn't paid full price!!! Yep, to sum it up you got a clean ensuite room with TOILET ROLLS X3 plus what you gained from the downstairs bathroom, toiletriess, fresh towels. A well equipped bedroom, tastefully decorated with a memory foam mattress dressed in good quality linen and with duck down duvet and pillows. A hospitality tray consisting of 6 individually wrapped PG teabags, 6 nescafe sachets, 12 sachets of sugar, 8 pots of milk, two packets of biscuits. A hair dryer, a fan, an ironing board and iron, not bad for £12.50 per head is it, you wouldn't get a Chinese takeaway for that on a specials night!!!!

Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

Firstly, I picked this hotel due its location, being a five minute walk to central pier, but far enough away from The Winter Gardens where I was attending a 4 day conference in order to give myself a walk before and after.

Having read the reviews from TripAdvisor, I have not been let down once by this establishment and all the reviews I'd read had been spot on.

Although my room is on the top floor and a single (as I requested) it is comfortable, and the room has everything I need. The room is tastefully decorated, clean and has an iron, hairdryer, kettle and fan. The bathroom, although snug, is adequate for me with a good shower and towels, shampoo and shower gel are provided.

Steve and Dean are great hosts and nothing was too much trouble, even though breakfast was set between 9-9:30am, but due to my conference times they went out of there way to have my breakfast ready for 8:15am, which was really appreciated and really did set me up for the day.

From previous experience of hotel b&b's you tend to get what you pay for, but this is great value for money and a little gem of a place, and when I come back next year, I will certainly come back here.

If you want a lovely breakfast, comfortable stay and good value, you really couldn't do much better, plus being off the main drag, you get the benefit of it being slightly quieter too.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo