Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,306 results
All reviews national holidays entertainment every night buffet style breakfast and evening meal food was lovely tram stop enjoyable stay short break great weekend north pier tea and coffee bingo mark acts cabaret
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend in January. I thought I was booking the Grand Hotel as there was a picture of their pool which was confusing.

I read some of the reviews of the president and I was worried I had wasted my money.

I needn’t have worried.

Yes, the front needs work and a bit of a spruce up, it is a basic hotel, but you get what you pay for.

The lift is small and compact but worked fine for us. The staff we saw were friendly enough and very welcoming.

We didn’t use the hotel bar or restaurant (why would you when you are in Blackpool?!) so we can’t comment on that.

We were on the third floor with a sea view. The room was compact but it was clean. Same with the bathroom.

The only minor gripe was the towels in the bathroom were very small so I would suggest taking your own.

I wouldn’t be against staying here again, after reading the parking issues I paid for that as soon as we arrived and had no problems.

The bed was extremely comfy and the room temperature was perfect all the time we were actually in the room.

Either we got lucky or some of the reviews below are a bit over the top.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Overpriced I booked direct and paid £280 for an all inclusive weekend for 2, we were arriving late about 7.30 so the receptionist said they would make sandwiches for us as we missed dinner which is served 5.30 until 6.45 when we checked in no sandwiches had been made.

The sea view room was ok nothing special but the whole place smells funny and major jobs are not repaired, holes in roof in dining room and the whole place is just a bit tatty and unkempt. The food wasn’t actually that bad but very little choice and no salads or anything like that and only soup as a starter but along with breakfast it was edible, waitress was very pleasant and helpful in fact all the staff and night porter were friendly and helpful.

The entertainment Friday night was a singer which was ok and bingo but there is no atmosphere in the place whatsoever and Saturday night there were 5 people in the room we went to bed early.

In all it wasn’t good like I previously said if you let standards drop then customers don’t return and everyone we spoke to said they wouldn’t return. It’s a bit dirty and smelly and looks like it needs a good spruce up. They could start by repairing the sign outside and cleaning the windows and actually taking down the rest of the Christmas decorations and moving them from the dance floor.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Myself, my husband and my 7 month old son went down from Scotland for one night to surprise my little girl who was there with her grandparents! For something we were doing that should have been fun has now turned into a total disaster due to the incompetence of this hotel and their staff!! I am absolutely outraged at how we are being treated! We booked this hotel the morning we were due to go down and wish we never had! Upon arrival after an almost 5 hour drive we arrived around 7pm and at check in there was no one there at reception and then we were “greeted” by this rude lady! All she said was there’s your keys. My husband had to ask where the lifts etc etc was. Around 2 weeks after we were home I received a parking fine for not parking with a valid ticket. This was the first I knew that I had to obtain such a thing. After an email to the company giving the fine and several calls to the hotel I have got absolutely nowhere! There are signs on the external build that are A4!!!! And black!! So on a winters night there is no way you are going to see these when you are walking around cars. The man I spoke to today who is meant to be the manager is a disgrace and is extremely rude and unhelpful! After saying they don’t tell everyone about it I think is a shocking statement! I will NEVER be back at this hotel and will certainly not be recommending it! The hotel itself needs a hotel makeover and the staff need to learn some very important communication skills.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank CaraS532
Reviewed January 12, 2020

My friends and I went with Glenton Good Companions to this hotel for supposedly a good time to see in the New Year
On arrival we were told that there was tea, coffee and biscuits waiting for us Really? One pot of tea and one pot of coffee for 40 people Our request for refills were ignored.
Dinner time we were told we would have to wait for a table. Eventually got one at 6.20 only to find that starters were finished and so were the desserts. At 7pm we were told that we had to leave the dining room because it was closing and we couldn't have tea or coffee because it had been cleared away.
The next night was the 5 course Gala Dinner. Once again we only got 1 and the choice of main course was ham or cottage pie.
New Years day lunch was available.. Left over cottage pie and chips. We asked the chef if we could just have a sandwich instead. His reply "If you don't like the food there are plenty of cafes in Blackpool"
Luckily the cleaning staff who were on duty in the dining room that day were more helpful and made us sandwiches and even gave us tea and coffee. Many thanks to them.
Getting a seat in the bar was nearly impossible at nights so we didn't see much of the entertainment.
Never anyone at reception so if you went out you would have to search for someone to give you your key.
Now to the bedrooms which were clean and beds were comfortable.
However electric power points were in very awkward places. I had to boil my kettle on the floor and the switch for my bed light was halfway along behind the headboard.
My friend's radiator was behind the wooden wardrobe surely this couldn't pass Health and Safety.
On the whole the few staff were very good (Chef not included) but were working with no real guidance since there was no management on duty.
Really disappointed that Glenton would use such an inadequate hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheila P
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Stayed here with Glenton Group over New Year. Glenton directors should hang their heads in shame for charging their customers to stay in this zero rated hotel at the festive season . Nearly everything went wrong at the hotel with the reception area mostly unmanned and no hotel manager ever available to discuss their clients problems . Buffet meals quite inadequate for a coach party and very rude chef and staff. Bars rarely manned when you wanted a refreshment and outside entrance looked run down and uninviting. This hotel clearly needs 1million pounds spent on it to bring it up to an acceptable standard. I will be complaining to Glenton Holidays and demanding an appropriate financial refund. If necessary I will make my claim for compensation through the Small Claims Court.

Room tip: Try to choose a room where the TV works
2  Thank Pioneer802104