4,270 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 9, 2013

just come back today from a stay here and only thing nice was the view, the room was ok in size but it didn't look like it had been cleaned properly in ages curtains hanging off rails hairs in shower which I made my husband clean .we spent 10mins with another couple stuck in the lift tried emergency call this didn't work so we just had to wait the lady on reception when we complained was very unconcerned it is a hotel in need of a lot of care and attention I have stayed in many hotels and paid a lot less money and had a lot better experience I will deff not be staying again

Room Tip: sea view good is all I can say of it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for those aspects of your stay that you were un-happy with.

Your comments about the disappointing elements of you stay have been de-briefed with the appropriate personnel and corrective action taken as necessary.

Again thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, and apologies again that it was necessary to do so.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

me my mum and my 2 children stayed at the grand metropole hotel in blackpool for 3 nights dinner bed and breakfast when i got to reception i was greeted by a lady with short hair who was very polite and greeted me with a smile i was told to come back at 1 as i had paid for early check in we went and had a drink then returned to collect keys witch was very quick
when we got into our room it was very spacious and clean only problem was there was about 10 steeps to the room and i had a small child in a pushchair who would be asleep when returning to the room of an evening so i went to reception and they promptly gave us a new room witch was also very clean and comfortable. meal time was very good on the first night and other nights were tasty to. my children loved being able to have ice cream every night
at breakfast we was greeted by a waitress and asked if we wanted porridge/tea/coffee there was a good selection but found the toast a little soggy
all the staff we came into contact with were very polite and made our break very enjoyable we will be returning in august

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Your comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the Staff. Its good to get a balanced view on these matters. I'm so pleased the Kids enjoyed having Ice Cream each night.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Arrived at Grand Hotel on 25th. March for 5 day stay with my Mum. We got our keys to a lovely twin bedded room on the 1st floor. It was very spacious, with a view out to sea at one side and up the road towards the North of Blackpool on the other side. Only points were could do with a bath handle and heated towel rail in bathroom, otherwise lovely large bathroom. Food was self-service, but nice and hot with the chefs continually coming out to make sure plates replenished. Breakfast plenty of choice, with porridge and cereals and hot food. At dinner If you did not like hot choice, always cold meat and salads. Plenty of delicious sweets. Entertainment at night was by an 'enthusiastic group' for approx. 1 hour. Mum and I enjoyed stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

I was delighted to read that your found your room and the Hotel to be clean and tidy and the staff to be helpful and friendly. I trust you and your Mum will be returning to us in teh future.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I am so pleased we only spent 1 night at this hotel, when booked we requested decaf coffee for our room after a 4 hour journey we got to our room my wife wanted a decaf coffee but none were in the room, I went to see reception and asked only to be told ' we dont do decaf I suggest you buy your own' nothing more nothing less was said, we later asked another question at reception only to be spoken to like we was dirt, not once was we welcomed by the staff not even at check in!!!!
The hotel had 1 working lift which only a max of 4 people could fit in but even when you got out the lift you had stairs to go down and a long walk to our room!
The hotel is very dated, yes it was a bargain but when booked we wasn't told about aditional cost like £2 for paying by card and £3 to park your car if you can find a space!
The breakfast was poor as all items were of a cheap range.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mikkihames
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

I have messaged you to find out a little more detail on your stay. i hope you will be able to respond.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

the metropole is like a grand old lady a bit jaded round the edges and leaks a bit,in places the hotel is beautifull in others it needs work,we were in room 359 which had a sea view and a lovely big bathroom with a jacuzzi bath,the room is not very big,but big enough for two people.Food was fine but the dinning room could do with a better system for queing etc organised chaos comes to mind.staff are very helpfull and go out of their way to solve any issues,we booked a vip package including free wine bowl of fruit and chocolates excellent value.i would definatley stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff welcoming and your rooms to be a good standard of cleanliness.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.