Grand Metropole Hotel
$93
$84
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Oak Lea Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$41
Kings Hotel(Blackpool)
$73
$67
3,984 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have just returned from a weekend break had a good time however if i had just turned up and not already paid I'm afraid the attitude of the reception staff was not what I was expecting.Upon arrival at the reception I was greeted with no smile or even a proper acknowledgement.ie Hello can i help you.Just NEXT.She was very dismissive and not helpful as only said come back in 15 minutes when keys will be ready.After returning later to collect keys I enquired about a possible upgrade to premier rooms which I was prepared to pay for and was told rather curtly we are full no family rooms left.
Having been given the room key with no explanation of where the room was located or any other facillities for that matter we proceeded to find our room.On arrival to the room it was freezing cold and the window had been left open my husband tried to close the window but would'nt close as the bars were bent.I went straight back down to reception to be met by the same response(no smile) bearing in mind she had seen me moments before.I expained about the room and window and was told again we are full no rooms left when I said not happy a call was made to the maintenance man to come and check the window.This was fair enough but surely when room was cleaned the heating would have been put on and window sorted before and customers arrived.
The rest of my stay was trouble free and we had a comfortable time the food was good and enjoyed the remainder of stay.
As I work in the travel industry I'm only to aware that first impressions count and your reception staff are sadly lacking in overall politeness.They are the first people that customers encounter at your hotel and from what I could see the impression was not good.Checking out was another encounter as I had to advise that the Shower from room above was leaking through to our bathroom I had no appology just ok will get someone to look at it.I would definately think twice before booking again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank kate g
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review.

We have tried to contact you directly to investigate your comments, but have been unsuccessful in receiving a response. If you would like us to investigate your comments further, please contact me directly, on francis.sheridan@britanniahotels.com .

We are sorry some areas of your stay did not meet your expectations and hope this does not deter you from staying with Britannia Hotels in the future. Feedback is important to us as we use it to further improve our standards and service.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just a quick review to say what another great stay we had at the Grand Metropole. We booked the same deal as last year -2 night Valentine break with spa bath- for our anniversary on the 15th of Feb. Once again we were not dissapointed. The food was great.The room was good, bedding & towels were clean although the windows could have done with cleaning (looked like a childs hand smears on them), but hey ho the room was just for sleeping in, plenty of tea & coffee etc. The one thing we were not to keen on was that the 3rd floor seemed to have so many smoking bedrooms which you could smell in a certain part of the corrider as we walked to our room, but could not smell it where our room was. We will definately be going again..! :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
joepiper, General Manager at Grand Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest, many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Your comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the Staff. Its good to get a balanced view on these matters.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff welcoming and your rooms to be a good standard of cleanliness.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Pleasesd to advise yet another excellent stay at the Grand Metropole Hotel...Pleasant and friendly check in and the room was fantastic,very large sea view with a spa bath.Drinks in the conservatory bar were reasonable prices and its a good place to chill out and relax..Evening meal was excellent as you had at least 3 different choices and the breakfast set you up for the day!!!!! Nothing was too much trouble as we asked for extra towels and they were delivered within the hour..Thankyou metropole we cant wait to return...The Hobson family...

Room Tip: Just ask as we find that they are only too happy to accomodate!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had booked into the Metropole Hotel for the first time through a travelzoo promotion as we were looking for somewhere nice to celebrate our wedding anniversary on Valentine's Day.
On finding a car parking space quite easily I went into pay for our day's parking and was told by the very helpful girl on reception that she could book me in ready for our check-in later at 2.00, she then kindly informed me that we had given a free upgrade to a four-poster room as it was a special occasion ( I had made a note of this on my booking form) and that there was a little surprise from the management waiting in the room also, which I thought was a lovely gesture - we had always wanted to stay in a four-poster bed on our anniversary!
After rushing back to check in promptly at 2.00 we were given the key to "Sir Billy's Suite" and I must say I was actually speechless with joy when I saw our upgrade. The suite is amazing - as well as the large and very comfortable four poster bed there were two big wardrobes and lots of storage space in the bedroom, a spa bath, double sinks and shower in the bathroom, a fantastic lounge area with sofa, chairs and dining table plus a lovely coffee table on which stood our surprise gift of a bottle of champagne on ice! There was even a separate kitchen with microwave, fridge and ironing board! All of this plus a sea view as well!!
Needless to say we didn't really want to leave our wonderful suite at all that day, but after cracking open the champagne and toasting our 37th wedding anniversary together, we decided we had better go out for our evening meal. The 3-course meal in the restaurant was very enjoyable, the staff helpful, and we had a nice table overlooking the sea, plus a free bottle of a very nice Italian wine courtesy of the travelzoo promotion. After walking along the promenade we returned to the hotel to watch the evening entertainment, a soul show which we enjoyed, then made our way out much later to a very good club across the road from the hotel.
We just about made breakfast next morning, after a late night, but still managed to get a table ok and enjoyed a full English breakfast with a lovely pot of tea, then sadly returned to our suite to pack up and leave after a thoroughly enjoyable and memorable experience for us both.
With heartfelt gratitude to all the staff and management of the Metropole Hotel!!

Room Tip: Definitely try one of the Suites.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The grand has seen better days - and livlier guests. BritanniaHotels are brilliant value for money however (get on their mailing list). The Grand Metropole is on the sea front. Has it's own parking - which is now charged at 3pounds per day and IS LIMITED. Great location and beautiful from the outside it has a 1970's (I'd day) porch which is grotty and then is welcoming, stylish and clean inside. I have stayed lots of times - get down for breakfast earlyish it gets busy (but not impossible). Good range of breakfast and sea views from the tables. I have eaten there in the evengs- really good value for money, almost no choice, and it was a little bit of a school dinner feel... Tried the entertainment this week for the first time (6 night stay) and the singer was really very good ..especially given the audience which was quite large...but you'd never guess..... The room had the best yet sea view. Oddly it had a bath and no shower, and one corner of the ceiling had some time ago fallen in due to a leak upstairs- more a curiosity than a problem- all clean and not damp. Could have been warmer at night mind you - this was February with a wind chill of -2. Shall go back. Of course.