“Excellent Service”

Ranked #472 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Northampton
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here last week. We were made to feel very welcome,lovely people.The room was very clean and comfortable. Perfect location,very close to the promenade and pleasure beach so after a day of fun,only a short walk back to the Hotel.
Had a lovely time, If we come back to Blackpool, will certainly stay at The Shepperton.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1, very comfortable.good shower.clean
2 Thank Pippykins

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
eastbourne
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The reviews looked good even the photographs but when we arrived I was disappointed. There was an awful smell in the hallway. We were led upstairs to our rooms and I could see why the photos were from mid height the carpet was disgusting and in many places in this B&B threadbare. The owners were friendly,cannot comment on breakfast as gave it a miss

Room Tip: No idea, one plus parking outside was free
2 Thank hawkeye007Eastbourne
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at The Shepperton for 4 nights. It's a lovely traditional little hotel in a good location. The owner and his staff are very friendly, welcoming and accomodating, the hotel is obviously very family friendly which is a big advantage. We were even provided with a single garage for our car so that we could come and go as we pleased without worrying about parking. We had a good tasty breakfast every morning - including fried bread, plus real butter and marmalade for my toast. The bar was open every night for a couple of beers before bed, to finish the day off nicely. Thanks to Geoff and his staff we had a lovely week away.

3 Thank damianandcharley
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

the best hotel in blackpool by a mile the best owner by a mile and nowhere in blackpool will you get a great 7 course breakfast geoff and is assistant are fab believe me i have stayed in some rat holes they call hotels they are that dirty that even the mice wear overalls love u both phil and shirley

the best hotel in blackpool by a mile the best owner by a mile the breakfast by a mile i have stayed in some rat holes they call hotels and believe me some are so dirty that even the mice where overalls geoff and nicola make a great team love u both phil and shirley see u next year without doubt

Room Tip: rooms 1 2 and 3 are paradise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank shirley p
birmingham
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel was in a perfect location, close to the pleasure beach. The room what was you would expect, basic but with everything needed for a weekend in Blackpool. For those who complain about dust on top of the wardrobes or behind the bedside table I suggest you stop watching 4 rooms. This is reality and some dust is a fact of life, I would like to inspect the top of your wardrobe!
Geoff and Nicola are extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. The breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hotel/B&B. Choice of cereal, toast, full English or even all 3 if you wish. Orange juice, tea and coffee was also provided, the fact that this was self-service made the experience better.

On our final day we checked out but wanted to stay in Blackpool, I asked Geoff “where was the best place to park”? he said I could park in one of his bays for the day as he had no others guests staying, a very generous man with a kind heart.

This will now become my Blackpool home when visiting.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank domeboy77
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Unfortunately upon calling to book a double room and single room for myself, my partner of 7 years (we are both men) and our heterosexual male housemate, I was asked our genders and age grouping, which is late 20's - early 30's (however I fail to see how that's important). I was told that the hotel was a 'family hotel'. I can't quite fathom how the owner decided my party and I were not family friendly, but I'm fairly certain we are pretty much adored by our own. We're a sensible, mature little group. I did not expect to be rejected from a reputable hotel in Blackpool that was recommended to me by the lovely people over at the hotel Verdo, which for the record is completely worth the money!

It most likely goes without saying that I said a swift goodbye to the man on the other end of the phone.

I'll obviously now start looking for the rainbow flag adorned alternative!!!

Not happy about that experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 333David333
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a great stay,the kids loved it being a very great location to the south pier and the pleasure beach as that was what we were looking for.The breakfast was excellent as it catered for all the family having a buffet breakfast meant everyone was catered for and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We will definatley return again. The room was adequate for what we needed giving us enough storage space for all the family espescially as we had asked to accomodate an older child. The bar was open every night and we were informed about places near that would accept children that helped. In my eyes some people just like to complain about things but we didnt find that and the only slight problem we had was the that shower didnt drain as quickly as it should but that caused no problems. And to top the holiday off the other guests were very friendly also deinatley loved it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family