“Excellent Value”

Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend whilst on a conference and was very impressed by just about everything about it.

The staff are very helpful and polite and the bar is open to all hours, not like some much posher hotels which close and make you look for a night porter.

The atmosphere was good, all the hotel is maintained to a good standard and well decorated.

Importantly the standard of cleanliness is very high and my room was spotless.

Excellent value for money

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Chrisbuz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Polish first
Stockport, UK
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been going to the Carousel now for about 4 years. I love Blackpool and this is always my first choice of hotel. This is my first time review of the hotel even though this will have been my fifth stay.

I like to stay somewhere quite corporate, i.e. I like Travelodge and I like Premier Inn. You really know what you are getting.

The Carousel is good for me in this way as all the rooms are identical. Beautifully presented and pristine clean and very, very modern.

The decor is really up to date with a good standard hotel. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are well equipped and warm. Bathrooms are spotless and luxurious. When I say luxurious, please bear in mind this is a 3 star hotel, I am not talking free bathrobes and slippers.

We have spent the last couple of New Years hear and have enjoyed the NY Gala night. My only bad point this year was that the tables were shared with other parties, something I really think they should have mentioned before accepting our booking. However, this does not reflect whatsoever on the rooms and standards of the hotel.

With regards to parking, we always get a space outside the hotel, but I guess it's first come frst served.

My only concern this time was that my friends had a double room and said that there was an air conditioning machine next to their window that kept them awake all night. My concern was that the noise from the bar downstairs kept me awake until I eventually got dressed and went downstairs and asked them if they could switch the music down a bit.

It was New Year though, so I wouldn't worry!

I will always recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: My friend and I normally book a single room each. These normally overlook the promenade. We normal...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
SleepwellManagement, Sleepwell Management Representative at The Carousel Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your review of The Carousel Hotel. We are delighted to see that you return to us on a regular basis. We're so proud of our establishment and it's great to see that our guests feel that they can visit us time and again and receive the same great service. Please accept our apologies regarding the noise levels over New Year. We have also taken on board your feedback regarding the shared tables at the gala. We are really pleased that you otherwise enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My Hubby & I loved staying here.
Our room was small, warm, clean and comfortable. Beds are comfortable and if I ever have a moan it's always the beds and pillows that cause me to moan. I could have slept for hours more!!!! It's a quiet hotel even tho it's next to the Promonade. We were booked in for B & B only and the breakfast was brilliant. The dining area is pleasant and comfortable. Friendly, helpful, concientious dining room staff, well done you guys. Receptionists also were very helpful and polite. Lounge area warm, seating arranged for views to prom, this is a good reading area and for socialising with other guests The Carousel is very convenient for trams, buses, pleasure beach, Lytham, and Promonade walks. One of us is disabled so using the tram to view the illuminations was great. A little problem is the parking facilities, not enough spaces so get there early to park round the rear of the hotel. And take note who parks next to you, we had the next car scrape ours with their car door, silly people, too cowardly to confess. NOT managements fault and they were upset because we were upset. I don't even think the car occupants were staying at the Carousel Hotel! Managegement need to be more strict and vigilant to protect their guest cars. (we had owned our car for 3 days only!!!)
We were so chilled staying here we were walking horizontal !!!!
Had this hotel had a swimming pool and Gym it would have warranted 5 *****
If I get asked would I visit the Carousel Hotel again......a speedy YES would be given. Very much recommended.
Sorry I'm late in writting this review, I thought I had done it last year.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on second floor overlooking the Promonade. Very quiet due to double glazing. We...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel; no matter when written your feedback is always appreciated! We're really proud of our rooms and facilities and so are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are sorry about the situation that occurred regarding the car parking facilities but as you suggest, we would always endeavour to assist where possible to ensure your visit is as comfortable as possible. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff - your comments have been passed on. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Blackpool.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

One of the best run friendly Hotel you could wish to find. Food and service very good and the staff were most helpful and efficient. I would reccommend this hotel for anyone who appreciates being given every opportunity to avail themselves of what the Carousel has to offer ie; nice rooms good food pleasant staff good organisation and good entertainment. If that is not enough you must be hard to please or a proffessional moaner!

Room Tip: Just ask for your prefference, and ask for a change if not satisfied
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SleepwellManagement, Sleepwell Management Representative at The Carousel Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your review of The Carousel Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive nice feedback as it is really important to us to make sure that all guests have the best stay possible. We have passed on your thanks to our staff, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Blackpool.
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We visited The Carousel again for a Twixmas break , and again everyihing was 1st class. from the receptionist during the booking process to the entertainment staff The room ,food and everything about the hotel is superb, we would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: any seaview
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DaveM96
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

we recently stayed at this hotel it was ok staff wer very friendly room was clean but the entertainment was not up to much the singer was on for half an hour then it went to a quick game of bingo and that was it plus u had to be suited and booted to eat in the resturant which was a bit stupid and line up for a table for breakfast but apart from that hotel was good nice warm welcome

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We got married at the Carousel Hotel on Saturday 01/12/12. We booked their wedding package which included a twin room with dinner and wine for bride and friend the night before, a room for the bride and groom on their wedding night, wedding breakfast, evening buffet, wedding cake, table decoration, D.J, and more. We had a room where the ceromony was held and a large room where the wedding breakfast and evening celebrations were held. The managment and staff could not be more helpful when arranging our special day and on the day everything looked great. The food for the wedding breakfast and evening buffet was lovely and well presented the sevice was good and the staff polite and helful. Many of our guests stayed over and had a good breakfast the following morning. We received many good comments from our guests. We would not hesitate to recomend the Carousel Hotel for weddings, parties or just a break. We had a great weekend, thanks.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J0hnt10
SleepwellManagement, Sleepwell Management Representative at The Carousel Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guest, many thanks for your kind review of The Carousel Hotel. We were delighted to host your wedding and are so pleased that you had a lovely time! Our staff take great pride and pleasure in making sure our guests have a pleasant stay - particularly when you are celebrating a special occasion! Congratulations and best wishes for your future as a married couple.