We all decided to travel to Blackpool for a family members birthday. Since we have travelled 170 miles by car, we were hungry and tired. We popped into thier bar for a bite to eat, and so arose the first disappointment. The burgers were swimming in grease, and the pizzas were obviously frozen tack that they have stuck in the oven. Considering the pizza cost £7 you'd expect a darn sight better than a cheap frozen pizza that probably cost a couple of quid.
First impressions of the room were ok, the rooms were small and reasonably clean, apart from dirty windows and stained ceilings. The walls are paper thin, so just a word of advice take some ear plugs, or better yet, choose a different hotel! The beds were not particularly comfortable and sqeaky, as I found out at 4am when I was awoken by a lovely couple next door having sex, on top of people in other rooms coughing. It might not be such a big deal for someone at my age, but for a child to be able to hear such things too is disgusting.
In the morning we went down for breakfast, seating was limited, but luckily in our case we was seated instantly, other families had to wait. Breakfast was only served between 8am - 10am; two hours for an entire hotel to have breakfast... rediculous! The food itself was ok, but yet again, swimming in grease, I've seen a lot better.
Goes from bad to worse
After breakfast we headed out to Pleasure Beach, which was a brilliant day out! Part way through the day my gran (whose 70th birthday it was) started to feel ill from her cancer, so a few family members headed back to the hotel with her so she could rest. Back at the hotel member of staff told my gran that she needed to go to reception immediately, so she did.
Upon arrival at reception she was told that we had not booked 2 nights but only booked one night! As a result they had literally grabbed all of our personal belongings (including items which were in the safes, and my gran's birthday cake, which was damaged as a result), stuffed them into a binliner and placed them in reception without even phoning us first! This is when the staff showed their true colours, my gran checked her email confirmation for the book which showed two nights had been book booked and all they could do is shrug their shoulders and blame us for their mistakes! We have never seen such an absolute disgusting service in our lives. The staff could not care what so ever and didn't apologise once.
So there we were at 6:00pm, 9 of us, nearly 200 miles from home, no place to sleep, no vacant hotels. So our only option was to cut my grans birthday weekend short, find somewhere to have a meal, and then drive home in the heavy illuminations traffic, which meant we arrived home at 1:00am in the morning. How a sick person suffering from cancer at the age of 70 could be treated like that, it's an utter disgrace.
DO NOT go to this hotel, they couldn't care less for the well-bring of their residents.
We will be following up the issues we endured further and if needs be will be taken to court.
Thanks for ruining our family weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautifully refurbished Carousel is the highest AA rated 3 star hotel in Blackpool. Situated five minutes from Blackpool Pleasure Beach, the hotel is ideally located on the South Promenade, near to all of Blackpool’s attractions - but far enough away from the bustle of Blackpool's famous Golden Mile to offer a relaxing, refreshing and high quality experience. Our Cafe Bar 663 serves both breakfast and an extensive menu for all-day dining, alongside its bar facility and 24 hour room service. We have 22 family rooms all with DVD players and an extensive library of DVDs for the children available to loan with our compliments. The hotel also has nightly entertainment during the summer months alongside Cafe Bar kids activities, subject to seasonality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Carousel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carousel Blackpool Hotel Blackpool
- The Carousel Hotel Blackpool
- Carousel Hotel Blackpool