“Best Curry Ever!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited Blackpool and fancied a curry. Luckily we found Taj Mahal. The service was 10/10 and the food was delicious.

The Chicken Chaat was amazing for a starter, I can still taste it now and then the Chicken Chilli Massala for main was out of this world.

We eat a lot of Indian food and by far we can say this was the best we have ever tasted.

Thank you to Nisa, Faz and of course the chef for a lovely evening.

1  Thank leebracewell

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Greeted very nicely by very friendly staff who explained straight away that they don't have a license to sell alcohol but offered to buy us whatever we wanted from the off-licence across the road, as long as we paid them up front. This was fair enough, and also saved money as off license prices are obviously much cheaper than restaurants. They didn't even put a service charge on the bill so obviously your tip can thank them for the extra effort. There is a lot of choice on the menu, and it comes served to you on a wooden cart that is novel! Food is excellent.
Great modern decor, very contemporary, very clean, even the toilets.
They have just received authorisation to accept American Express which is helpful for us business travellers also.
Highly recommended. If you only have the chance to visit one restaurant during your stay in Blackpool make it the Taj Mahal.

1  Thank sge31
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and me ate here on the 17th May for our wedding anniversary.when we went in we were asked if we had a reservation(we didn't know you had to book)so we said no.the restaurant was quite busy,but they said no problems.we were asked if we would like to wait and we said we would.We had to wait a full 2 minutes(now that's not bad).then they made a table for us.all the time they were making their apologies.You are served poppodom to share as complimentary which were very nice with the dips you get with them.my husband ordered a chicken begins and said it was lovely,I ordered the lamb Madras(my usual when at home) and I've got to Say that this is one of the hundreds of curries up and down england that you could tell it was definitely lamb.My only whinge was that it was very hot.but lovely.we also ordered a portion of chips to share and a garlic naan bread both was lovely.we didn't take a drink in with us,but a waiter went over the road for us and got a bottle of wine for us to have with our meal,now that's what I call excellent customer service.would definitely go here again when visiting blackpool.

1  Thank mariereidy
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Great Location the first street behind the promenade approx. halfway between South and Central Pier. We where greeted very professionally. On arrival we where advised the restaurant was BYO alcohol but this was no problem as the Manager pointed out there was an Off Licence across the road with very reasonable prices. She was right 4 cans of cold Kronenburg and a bottle of Hardys Shiraz for less than ten pounds! The menu is extensive, we had the usual poppadoms and pickle tray as we studied the menu. We had the mixed meat starter and these where excellent. For our main meals we chose Chicken Shaslick and Chicken Jalfrazy (The flavours where excellent) to which we shared as we normally enjoy sharing the main meals. To accompany our mains we ordered a portion of onion Bhaji (2) and Keema Naan Bread. All in all the food and Service was first class and we would highly recommend a visit on you next Blackpool trip!.

1  Thank RHBGLB
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Excellent service and staff. Friendly and welcoming.
Excellent food with great choice and will make the curries as mild or hot as you like!
Very clean and tidy.