All reviews sea view north pier nice sheets handy hotel new owners plenty of fresh towels budget hotel cooked breakfast night porter breakfast was included air show a bit tired my partner bar is open hour bar pay and display lovely hotel
Reviewed May 29, 2018

This was first time ive been away with my friends to for years, and this place was fab, the staff were amazing couldn't do enough for you, the rooms are spotless with plenty of towels and the bed was very comfy. Lovely breakfast, free Wi-Fi and a 24 hour bar, what more could you ask for, I will definitely stay here again

Room tip: I is well worth booking a sea view room, beautiful to wake up to.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Michelle L, Owner at Stretton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Thank you for such a lovely review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and The Stretton and hope that you will come and visit us once again.

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Went for weekend with grandaughter and wouldn't really recommend... staff really nice but very few of them.. had to ask for milk coffee etc for room... breakfast not bad...but rest would avoid.. disgusting.. a lot of young lads n lasses drunk and being rowdy at 8.30 am as it's a24 hr bar... not good wen ur having breakfast,

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie H
Michelle L, Owner at Stretton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Thank for your review.

The lads and lasses you mention were spoken to within ten minutes of them making a noise. There was no recurrence of this disruption.

We do find the use of your word 'disgusting' to describe the rest of the hotel and your stay over-the-top and disappointing.

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

In my hotel room the ceiling was collapsing I went to the reception an asked to change rooms as I wasn’t satisfied then I was told by a male staff worker that there wasn’t any other rooms and I had to just forget about it also at breakfast time the breakfast was absolutely disgusting the sausages was still frozen and the scrambled egg was like rubber worst night of my life I will not be returning also the meal in the evening was bad the spaghetti bolognese was awful the pasta was still hard where as is should of been soft and the staff all had a terrible attitude (the pictures make the food look better than it actually was)

Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank julieallan2018

We know this is a fake review deliberately posted by a child whose school part vandalised the hotel and abused staff. This school is no longer welcome at The Stretton and, we have since discovered, are banned from most Blackpool hotels.

It has been reported to Tripadvisor and we expect it to be taken down soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

What can i say lovely hotel but staff are a shambles I took the hotel keys by mistake and left mine there I posted theirs back recorded delivery next day which they said they do the same a week later still no keys staff there say they find out what's happened and ring back but don't hear from them so I'd give the hotel a 5 star but staff -1 just don't care about customers at all or they belongings 1 unhappy guest

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased that you found the hotel 5 star but are incredibly disappointed that you felt the need to reduce this to a 1-star rating simply due to human error on both sides.

We conducted a thorough investigation and the member of staff you dealt with no longer works for the hotel (due to this and other issues).

Thank you once again.

Michelle & Andrews (owners)

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Disappointing customer service!! As checking into the hotel, we politely asked where would be a nice restaurant to eat for a special ocassion. I was told the hotel’s restaurant was nice and a menu was shoved infront of me and my question remained unanswered. Me and my partner were made to feel in the wrong for asking a simple question of where is nice to eat. I stayed in the hotel for a place to sleep and to see the sights however I felt I was pushed into having a meal there as though it was compulsory.
The service that we received at breakfast was however much better, with the staff being welcoming, friendly and accommodating.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Michelle L, Owner at Stretton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we do value your feedback.

Having spoken to the staff it seems that there was some miscommunication on this occasion. Although we feel that the food at The Stretton is really very good, we regularly recommend other restaurants.

We apologise if you felt 'pushed' into dining at The Stretton and hope that you enjoyed your meal and that it did not impact too negatively on our stay with us.

Thank you once again.
Michelle & Andres (owners)