“Very good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Route 66 Diner
Ranked #159 of 704 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. Food was plentiful and they catered well for the kids. Waitress was superb - very friendly, helpful and chatty. Excellent value for money.

• Visited February 2014

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snack stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Group of 4 went in lovely clean place, food was well presented and lovely the staff were fab and couldn't do enough for us will definitely be going back thanks keep up the great work

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Really nice meal very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We went on an unplanned meal out and ended up here. The waitress was so friendly and helpful. The food was fast and fresh and the main meals were a really decent portion size. My partner said his steak was probably the best he had had in Blackpool. The prices are reasonable too so we had a good quality fresh meal at a reasonable price, you don't get that everywhere! We left full and will definitely be recommending and returning!

Visited January 2014
Blackpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Strange Atmosphere...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I picked the Diner as a sort of 'farewell meal' for myself and my mother before I went away for 6 months. Upon entering i found the Place rather AWESOME classic 60's American Decor, Live Model of Elvis in the Corner, Huge Jukebox.... So why did they have Radio Wave/Radio Lancashire on? They clearly have gone 100% with the decoration, but I was expecting themed music to be the TOP PRIORITY. This ruined the American Diner Atmosphere.. but its not all about that...

The Food was Lovely! and Average Prices :) I left full up with a smile on my face.

Its just a shame about the little things, I feel that with £100 I could tweak this Diner into what it should be starting with proper Menu's, Themed Music, Waiters/Staff in themed Clothing, ect..
Sadly it was a cold winters day also, and We had to leave our coats on Inside as it was just about the same temperature as outside!

I would go again, but not with family as a treat, only with friends for a quick bite to eat.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alastair C
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“I don't know where the the other reviewers were eating...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I don't know where the other reviewers were eating but it must have been in a parallel universe.

Where to start? The quality of the burgers were a crime against humanity. Even prison guards in North Korea wouldn't even be so cruel to serve meat of that quality to any living person.

There's a good reason why it's so cheap... cause its bloody terrible. The waitress was nice enough but even so I wouldn't even recommend this abomination of a American Cafe to even my worst enemy.

• Visited January 2014