The Bedford Hotel
The Strand Lodge(Blackpool)
Parisienne Hotel(Blackpool)
The Strand Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswimming poolsea viewlovely pooltoastkippersfootball teambit datedlovely hotelpool tablenorth pierbudget hotelexcellent value for moneyfull englishfood was lovelystayed for nightspublic areasshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I recently stayed here with my friends for a week in this hotel and what a great time we had. The staff are very friendly and the food was delicious!! The hotel is in excellent location for walking into Blackpool town centre, so my friends and i never had to bother with taxi's. The swimming pool, was very clean and the sauna was thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you to everyone for making our trip so enjoyable and will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2010

Thank you for your kind comments, we try our best to make guests stay more enjoyable, I am pleased you used and enjoyed the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back, thank you once again.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Bring your own pillows because the Hotels are barely one inch thick.
Duvet covers are not to clean and quilt was badly stained.
Shower tray had serious black mould problems.
Food comes swimming in gravy.
Breakfast was passable.
Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

I am pleased the guest found the staff friendly.

As for the other comments the guests wrote,
The Guest booked a Twin Bedded room and was given a Sea View Triple room, this containing 1 double and 1 single bed, thus having 6 pillows between the two beds, if they would have like more all they needed to do was ask, we cant fix anything if we don’t know, we have a store room full of extra pillows and would have gladly gave them as many as they wanted!

On arrival at the hotel the guest stripped the single duvet cover and requested a new cover and new duvet, this was due to a small tea stain on the duvet, not the cover as this had already been changed earlier! This wasn’t a problem as we keep new duvet and laundered covers in Housekeeping, I changed them both immediately myself, unpacking them in front of the guest.

As the guests asked me whilst in the room to show them how the shower worked, I double checked the tray and shower curtain whilst doing this and did not see one mark on either.

Our food does not get served swimming in gravy, and the lamb on a Wednesday certainly does not, if the guest felt there was too much and mentioned it to one of the waiters, they would have gladly changed it.

Unfortunately the Queens really did have a fire, and this is just a case of The Bedford Hotel being at the opposite end of the town.

I would like to thank the guest’s daughter for the telephone apology she gave.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

Just returned from a week at the Bedford,and found it excellent value for money.
We arrived very late at around 8pm and the staff were very friendly and offered us dinner,even although dinner usually finishes at 7pm.
We had booked 2 double rooms,both reasonably decorated and clean.
Free parking available.
The rooms were cleaned every day and clean towels given and supplies of tea and coffee topped up.
Food was lovely and a kids option available and good choices everyday,and reasonable drink prices too.
Staff were all extremely friendly and helpful and allowed us to book a daytrip online with no charge.
The entertainment was ok,with a different option each night eg karaoke,disco,singer,quiz night etc
Entertainment couldve been better,but then catered for all ages and families.
Pool and sauna excellent,ideal for families!
Hotel based in an quiet location and although near to the North Pier
not noisy at night,especially weekends.
Nearby newsagent and found a nice beauty salon just a 10 minute walk away for a relaxing massage!
Also went to Sandcastle and Legends show....both highly recommended and within walking distance from hotel,or a tram/taxi or bus if preferred.
Hotel also has a lounge area where groups can sit and play cards or use the pool table.
Overall enjoyed our stay and would definately return!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2010

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased the guests enjoyed their stay at the Bedford and they found us great value for money. We really do try.
If there is anything we can do to help make a guests stay more enjoyable, we are only happy to be of assistance, shows and attractions are easy for us to book for guests, if we can help we will.
We look forward to welcoming you back and once again thank you very much for your comments.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

Was looking for a family friendly hotel with nightly entertainment as I have a 4 year old son so decided to book the Bedford. Check in time stated 2pm. Arrived at 2.15 and was told that room was not ready yet. As it happened, room was not ready until 3.45 - waste of the first day. First impression of the room was that it was spacious compared to the normal rooms of Blackpool hotels. As for the bathroom - shower hose was black with gunge and there was gunge round the taps. Beds had very thin mattress although they were clean. I enquired at the time of booking if the hotel had entertainment and was assured that there would be entertainment every night. On the Friday night singer arrived at 9pm to set up - it was looking good. He played from 9.30 til 10.30 and that was it. Saturday night was a guy with what sounded like a home karaoke system . I had actually seen this guy singing at a local karaoke bar on numerous occasions and thought surely that's not the entertainment buy hey ho - it sure was. Dire! Breakfast was pretty disorganised to. Was allocated a table on the first day but then it was a case of find a table without dirty dishes on it. Not a great hotel if you're looking for a bit of atmosphere at night. Better value elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mcwursty
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

I am sorry to hear the guests did not enjoy their stay, we do try and make guests stay most enjoyable. The guest arrived at the hotel at 10.45am I informed them myself that they could leave their car at the hotel , check-in was from 2.00pm and to enjoy their day in Blackpool, as the hotel was extremely busy with checkouts, their rooms was not ready till 2.45pm, I apologise for this but it is a from time and is used as a guideline, guests come to enjoy Blackpool and not just sit in the bedroom all day, the hotels Lounges and Swimming Pool were all open, so I really can’t see how a delay of 45 minutes ruined their first day.

We never assure a guest that we provide nightly entertainment we inform them that the hotel provides entertainment at least 5 out of 7 nights, on that Friday we actual had two artist on, the first singer performed 8.15 till 9.15 and the second singer performed 9.30 to 10.30. after that we had backing music played till midnight, we are not a nightclub and have to be considerate to nearby hotels and have consideration for other guests. The Saturday night entertainer is a local Blackpool artist and does perform at other local venues and hotels. Blackpool has countless nightclub for late night drinking and unfortunately we do not provide a child minding service even if you 4 year old was asleep on a chair from 10.00pm

The sign at the entrance of the hotel’s restaurant clearly states please wait to be seated, we cannot stop guests walking straight in and sitting at un-cleared tables, Our breakfast staff are very organised and very professional. Once again I apologise the guest did not enjoy their stay

Reviewed July 27, 2010

From The minute I walked in the front door I felt dissapointed. The hotel looked and was shabby, an old suite beside a billiard table was the only seating in 'the lounge' I wasn't there long enough to use the shower, not clean anyway. I met the receptionist on leaving, he was polite and explained he could not give me a refund after only one nights stay, I was booked for 4 nights. Brochure is certainly false and deceiving, I won't be returning.
MRS DONALD, SCOTLAND.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank brenz19
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2010

I am astonished and can not believe this guests comment! And it is me that feels truly disappointed!! As I was the polite receptionist on duty that afternoon!

Our Top lounge has 5 Chesterfield Suites and 5 Chesterfield Armchairs in, which are recovered and repaired yearly! We also have the Lounge Bar downstairs, were entertainment is on nightly basis, which I might add holds in excess of a 100 people.

The Guest booked 4 nights Dinner Bed & Breakfast, with no single supplement and after had been given a sea view double bedded room at no extra charge, and at a total cost of £99.00! This guest only came to myself at 2.00pm informing me she wished to check out early due to personnel reasons, I informed her I could only refund half the £99.00 for the 2 unused days, the guests informed me that I needn’t refund anything as it was her personnel reasons for the early checkout. I insisted that I refund the 2 unused days, she asked could I transfer it across as a deposit to her booking with her family for February 2011, which I was happy to do for her.

I then proceeded to spend the next 2 hours on the telephone to the Train company arranging a free ticket change for the guest, as she had booked a specific return train and initially they wanted a complete cancellation and rebook of her ticket for the train. During those 2 hours I and another single travelling guest discussed with the guest her reasons for departing early, I will not discuss these facts over this site, but can assure anyone the reasons given to myself and the other guest have not been mentioned, had the guests family not been in Cyprus and her sister been able to travel with her, these comments would have been completely different.

I have now cancelled the February 2011 booking and forwarded a cheque for the £49.50, which is the 2 unused day’s refund I transferred as deposit for the guest on next years booking. As I have gone through a similar personnel situation, I am appalled at this guest!!