“4th visit”

Ranked #132 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“4th visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was our 4th visit to this hotel, we always ask for a seaview room which, although the weather was awful, it's still lovely to be able to wake up and see the sea! Breakfast is really good with plenty of choices of cereals, fruit, yoghurts, fruit juices, followed by full English and toast, or kippers or cold meats. The dinner menu is always displayed in reception which I find useful, giving more time to decide what to have, again there is a good choice of all 3 courses, followed by tea or coffee. This is a lovely, friendly hotel, we will be back!!

Room Tip: ask for a sea view room, 2nd floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jean123_10
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, I will pass your remarks on to all the staff, Good comments regarding the food will make Chef's day! We all look forward to welcoming yourselves back for your 5th Visit very soon. Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Leigh, Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Last min deal. Friendly Hotel . stayed Monday to Friday. as the Hotel was full they had Entertainment on every night which we enjoyed. . Breakfast and evening meals also great .staff works very hard. Sea view room cosy. would go again

Room Tip: Good location away from all the noise but yet easy distance to town centre sea view rooms are a lit...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shar0n47
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay again with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
Barrow-i
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

On arrivel I was tired and groggy from traveling all day so it was nice to be greeted by a friendly face who was happy to help. Due to the lack a parking spaces (one pre room) I had to leave my car keys at reception which I didn't actually mind (less chance of me looseing them). On the second day more people had arived with too many cars so they gentleman behind the desk reassured me he would put my car in a space that mwnt I could go out later that night and return to the same space available it really helped my stay. The on customer service alone I will definitely be returning.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for you compliments, I will pass them on to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and if I can be of any future assistance please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you once again
scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

On arrival we were pleasantly greeted and given our room.We paid extra for sea view and we got that,unfortunately we also got a filthy duvet,both cover and actual duvet,if I had not prepaid this hotel I would have refused to stay there.My wife immediately complained to maid who changed the offending items.The food is fairly good although portions were a bit small,Staff were all pleasant.Overall this is not worth the money floorwas not hoovered and we had 2 small bars ofsoap in4 days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank faitherdiamond
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
I apologise that the guests did not enjoy their stay at the Hotel. I can assure you that although some of the Duvet covers have slight marks on them they are clean and sent to a private laundry company all the time, as for the duvets themselves we do replace them on a regular basis, it is not us that carelessly spill drinks on them, we do not provide toiletries in the rooms and soap is only a complimentary gesture, I personally always take my own toiletries when going away, As you only booked on a B&B basis, Our Evening Meal cannot be commented on, our Breakfasts are normally served very efficiently and receive great praise for quantity and quality. If guests would like extra and staff are made aware of this they will offer extra portions. I appreciate these comments and will address the all points raised with members of my staff. As you booked on a much discounted offer I feel the service; facilities and standard of accommodation we provide far exceed our pricing structure, especially when compared to other hotels within the local area.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend...and boy it felt it. Room lacked hairdryer,showermat, had cheap nasty coffee sachets,the room wasn't that clean,decor old fashioed. Our room was above kitchen so woken each morning by lots of noise. Unbearably hot even with heating off. Food was horrible,overcooked veg,menu pretty much the same each day I didn't look forward to eating at all and on the last night we ate at a local Greene king pub. Shame really because all the staff were friendly and polite but they def need to sort out the food issues its overcooked,prepared on the cheap and bland.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank langv
I apologise that the guests did not enjoy their stay at the Hotel. Both Hairdryers and Shower mats are available from either Reception or Housekeeping as this are things that are commonly take out of Bedrooms, if you had just asked we would have provided them, I have double checked and your room was nowhere near the kitchen, this is located in the basement part of the hotel and nowhere near the second floor where your room was, again if you had mentioned anything we would have gladly moved your room or just simply turned the radiator off, informing us weeks after your visit doesn’t give us an opportunity to rectify the problem, As for the comments regarding the food, Our menu is local sourced and traditional home cooked food, if there the guests would have liked something not on the menu I would have spoken to the Chefs, again if you had informed us at the time of your stay, Catering for so many customers is a balancing act and we have endless praises and excellent remarks of how wonderful our food is and always receive countless praises for our chefs. Our fully trained Chefs cannot accommodate if the guests wish for Chips & Nuggets ever evening if they do not inform us. If the guests would like to return to the hotel, I will ensure their stay is to our highest of standards. Thank you once again.
Chorley
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed in this hotel last year in november. I know it was a budget hotel but the room wasn't clean at all and the furniture looked from the 1950's we was also woke up by lots of noise. The staff was friendly but i wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alisonmaria
BedfordBlackpool, General Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
I’m sorry the guests didn’t enjoy their stay at the Hotel; as this guests has had their previous review removed because of the incorrect comments. I find it strange that they have taken the time to review us again. It was the guests friend that caused all the disturbance that evening, and as their friends left via a fire door without paying, they certain did not pay for what they got. Thank you that you found my staff friendly and thank you that your party will not be staying with us again, our gain is someone else’s sorrow.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Five days at The Bedford with my daughter.We were initially delighted at getting a seaview room.Sadly the rooms cleanliness wasnt up to scratch.Breakfast was the best meal of the day as the evening meals were poorly prepared.I would recommend The Bedford as a B+B.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LizB552013
Thank you for your comments, I really wish you had mentioned something to a member of staff then we could have rectified or at least been given the opportunity to rectify the problems. We hopefully look forward to welcoming you back, and give us the chance to provide our normally high service. Once again thank you very much.