“will be going back”

Ranked #134 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
“will be going back”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

just back from a 3 night stay at this hotel and would like to say that it was excellent value updated on arrival to half board food great staff cannot do enough for you will be going back the pool was very good and very clean tram stop just a short walk from hotel if you want a good hotel then this is the one

2 Thank Kim N
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay again with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

this hotel is just ok stayed here for 3 nights,couid do with a revamp very much out of date but on the poss side does have a car park the staff are very nice and the food is good,will stay there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
I am sorry to hear the guests only thought their stay was ok; we do try and make guests stay most enjoyable. We completely redecorate the whole inside and outside of the hotel every couple of years and make repairs and touch ups as an when needed, New Bedroom Carpets are laid every couple of years also! I am pleased the guests found the food good and the staff very nice. If the guests would like to return to the hotel, I will ensure their stay is to our highest of standards. Thank you once again.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a long weekend break August bank holiday 2013. The hotel was fully booked and car parking was a bit like musical chairs but thanks to the receptionist acting as a parking valet, it wasn't a problem. The hotel is situated right on the promenade about a 10 min. walk to the tower. The room we had was small but clean (top floor facing inland) with a flat screen TV. and tea/coffee making facilities. The dining room and bar are situated in the basement and the lovely heated pool is on the ground floor. Breakfast was good and the bar comfortable to relax in. Enjoyed stay at hotel, The only slight negative being the small lift which could be a problem for elderly or very young as the sliding metal grille door has a strong spring,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Raymond P
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I will pass on your kind comments to other members of staff. I am pleased you took full use of the swimming pool. I apologises over the Lift grille, this has to be quite strong for safety reasons, children are not supposed to be allowed in the lift without being accompanied by an adult and we do assist the elderly where possible, but please accept my apologises. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
Wem, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you want a budget hotel but still want cleanliness then this hotel is for you. My friend and I were a little sceptical at the prices we paid but were very pleasantly surprised. We took a short break to sight see and loved the hotel, the room was a bigger one than we booked, the food was good and the rooms and bathroom were very clean. The beds were a little lumpy but I slept regardless. The pool was lovely and warm and again clean. Its ideally located away from all the noise but not to far to walk, 15 min walk to the tower! The staff were extremely helpful. If we ever return to Blackpool we will be using this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stacey W
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay again with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased you took full advantage of the indoor swimming pool and you enjoyed our food. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just got back from a 2 night stay at this hotel. Free parking a bonus. Room very clean but dated and it was really hot despite having the fan on all night and the window wide open. Lovely pool. Quiet hotel - would return

Room Tip: Room 212 too warm - maybe because its above the pool and sauna
2 Thank tixi181
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you used the Swimming Pool & Sauna, We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Once again thank you very much.
Goole, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed in this fab hotel last year with my grandparents for a week and the food was excellent for breakfast and evening meal. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. The pool was great. Great bar. The only down point is the lift.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments, myself and all the staff do try our best to make a guests stay more relaxing and enjoyable, since your visit we have made improvements to our lift. Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My partner myself and my son stayed here for a long weekend, I thought the rooms were very good and the swimming pool was a bonus for me and my boy, breakfast was good and the bar was ideal for meeting our friends, I will definitely come back and recommend The Bedford.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Chris P
Thank you for you compliments, I am pleased your son enjoyed the indoor swimming pool and all enjoyed yourselves. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.