“Off to the Races”
Review of The Bedford Hotel

The Bedford Hotel
Ranked #157 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This small and modest hotel is a bit careworn but their excellent staff got our food to us piping hot and serving nearly everyone in the hotel at the same time. This was a trip to the Grand National at Aintree and our bus did not turn up the hotel got hold of the tour operator and a replacement bus was sent. Because we did not get our own driver to the Grand National we had no idea when we would be picked up and again very efficiently we were helped. The Bedford Hotel stacked up very well in terms of a good value break Good Work and a big thank you to all.

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea View room ours was darkish and at the side. Lower floors have better water pressure.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We really do try our best. I will pass on your comments to all the staff, We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Bedford hotel with my son football team last weekend. I have to say the kids had a great time in and out of the heated swimming pool and playing games in the lounge. The rooms where clean and of a good size for a family for the weekend. Food : served in the hotels dinning room was of a good standard staff very friendly and happy to chat. Walking distance to main shops etc. one down side was the lack of hot water for showers but this could down to hotel being full. All in all a very good hotel and I would stay here again. Thanks to all the staff.⚽

• Stayed: March 2013
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased you used and enjoyed the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had booked 2 rooms for an overnight stay at the Bedford Hotel for the night of the 1st of April as my parents came to visit us from France for Easter and we wanted to take them to the seaside without traveling to Cornwall , also we wanted to show them Blackpool with the pleasure beach , the tower , the arcades etc..

I had made a special request for a sea view room to make it extra special for my parents and to my delight they had given us the 2 rooms with sea view so it was nice that they made the effort for us :)
The rooms are cosy and very comfortable, old fashioned for sure but nothing that a lick of paint can't sort.
The rooms smelled clean and the bedding , bathroom etc.. were spotless. The floors were not hoovered so they were not very clean but hey it wasn't a problem as long as everything else was clean.

The furniture and especially the kettle could do with updating but everything does work fine.
The sea view was amazing.

The location of the hotel is really good , we walked everywhere but to go to pleasure beach I recommend a taxi or Tram but the Trams are quite dear as it is a long walk which would normally be ok but although sunny it was really cold .

The big plus of the hotel is the car park as we were allowed to leave the car there even after w checked out, it saved a lot of trouble finding a car park and saved us a lot as it's around £13 for 24 hours parking in Blackpool, so to have it included in the price was brill.

There is a small bar and a restaurant , we had a drink at the bar , it was quiet but functional.
In the morning we had a full English which was basic but really nice, there was also toast Jams, cereals juice etc.. so plenty. We really cannot complain at all.

Finally to say it is really well situated close enough to everything it is also far enough from the noise of the partygoers therefore it was very quiet and we had a great night sleep.

I would recommend it was really good value

Room Tip: Sea views are worth it , do not hesitate to contact hotel diretly with special request
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for your comments; we do our best to make your stay more enjoyable. I am pleased you found our rooms cosy and comfortable and can assure you all bedrooms are hoovered daily and that we are constantly painting both the inside and outside of the hotel. Thank you for asking about leaving your car for the day after your check-out, I am pleased we could be of assistance so you could enjoy another day in Blackpool and save you money. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thank you once again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

just back from a football tournament in blackpool with rothes juniors fc this is a great hotel kids loved the swimming pool the meals were great and a good menu to choose from the rooms were clean and the beds were comfy my wife and i have been to blackpool many times but this has to be the best hotel yet also the management gave all the kids an easter egg on the morning we were leaving nice touch would recomend this hotel many thanks from all at rothes juniors fc

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and the children got full use of the swimming pool, it was a really good weekend! Myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. We look forward to welcoming Rothes Juniors FC back next year. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We travelled to Blackpool in February and stayed at this hotel, having previously booked it on-line. The hotel was a bargain price and far exceeded our expectations. The plus points, to name a few, included the beautiful sea view room with bay window, the proximity to north pier restaurants, the free parking, the lovely swimming pool, the friendly and welcoming staff, the great breakfast, the downstairs games room / bar and the cleanliness of the rooms and communal areas. The rooms were warm and cosy, if slightly dated. The instalment of white or colour blocked bedding would instantly improve this. We only stayed one night, but really enjoyed our meal out at Michael WANs mandarin, visiting madame tussauds and the comedy carpet. Overall a brilliant stay, perfect for a seaside break! Thank You :)

Room Tip: Sea view room with bay window was spacious and had beautiful views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help, I am pleased you enjoyed Michael Wans Mandarin it is one of my favourite Restaurants in Blackpool, I will pass your comments onto all members of staff. I am pleased you took full use of the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

we come back from an overnight stay at this hotel yesterday. overall it was a really good stay the only problem i had was that on the website it said there was a hair dryer and ironing board in each room. But there was none of these as you had to request them. pool was small but clean and rooms was clean and tidy . good location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, we do try our best to make guests stay more enjoyable. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found your bedroom clean and tidy, also that the pool was clean, it is a shame that you did not take advantage and use the Swimming Pool. We do not say on our own website that ironing boards and hair dryers are in every room, the website you booked with is a fourth agency an I have no contact or control what they say, as we have them at reception and are always available i do not consider this a problem, and if you had asked me I would have happily brought it too you room. Thank you once again.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Nice place with friendly happy staff. The barman can be a little dry but is a nice fella.

Cheap to stay, especially with the swimming pool which is pretty unusual in Blackpool and obviously passes a lot of time at no extra expense.

A nice breakfast is included too. Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for you compliments, I will pass them on to all members of staff. I am pleased you get chance to take full advantage of the Swimming Pool. Thank you once again