“Good wine, good company, good times!”

The Lancashire Wine School - Day Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Tasting for everyone! Fun, informal and informative Wine Tastings and Courses in Burnley, Lancaster, Lytham and Preston and throughout Lancashire. Private wine tasting events for birthdays, hen nights etc and business groups (client entertainment, team building etc).
Chorley, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Good wine, good company, good times!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have recently attended two courses that Colin runs - the Australia and New Zealand wine tasting evening at the Holiday Inn Preston and also the Beer and Sausage tasting at the Winter Gardens Blackpool.

Both were fantastic nights!

The wine tasting was so informative! I knew I liked wine but now I know why, which ones I prefer and which ones to order or buy.

The sausage and beer tasting was fabulous! Starting with three beers and three sausages and then onto a tour of the Winter Gardens - this was a real treat! Who knew that there were so many different rooms! Getting to see stand on the stage and see behind the scenes and hear all about the history of the place was great. Back to another three beers and sausages.

It was in a great setting, in a the lovely Grill Bar which was the perfect venue.

Colin was a great host as usual and I have found that the other people on the tastings are so lovely - everyone is there to learn, taste and have a really nice night out!

Highly recommend and I shall be attending many more in the future!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank RachelA84

Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wine course and Port and Cheese night”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've now been to a couple of courses Colin runs. The Stage 1 Wine tasting (which is an intense full day with an exam at the end) and an evenings Port ant Cheese tasting. Both were thoroughly enjoyable and a great learning experience. I went with friends to both events and we've all enjoyed them and are looking forward to attending others. Not only were the events themselves fun and educational, they've encouraged us to hold our own wine and port evenings :)

Visited January 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed this”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Enjoyed learning about food and wine matching. I really enjoyed this event, and found it to be surprisingly useful, considering that this was just a 2 hour course.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank jpneal
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Well Rounded, Light Tannins with a fruity nose !”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Thats enough of me…….

I enrolled on Colins Course, not knowing what to expect and came away 3 weeks later with a knowledge and experience that I'd never bothered to gain before…. more fool me !

I can now confidently order wines to go with many different meals, wines just for easy drinking (Fleurie, where did that one come from?) and bottles to suit most occasions!

The concise and in-depth descriptions and tastings will set you off on an amazing journey of nose,aromas, colours and pairings.

I was recently told that ''the more you learn about wine, the more you realise you don't know'', but with Colins instruction, I've at least got a good starting point.

I will be enrolling on my WSET3 with Colin next week to continue my journey and will be taking him up on his many 'tasting nights' in Lancaster in the near future.

Get it booked !!!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank H16KSY
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Excellent Evening”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Booked the port and cheese evening, excellent evening. Learned a lot about port and enjoyed the tasting. Really good fun.

Visited September 2013