“Good B & B”
Review of Danescourt Lodge

Danescourt Lodge
Ranked #249 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed in a family room with 3 children (3, 5 and 6yrs), this B & B is what I remember good bed and breakfasts in Blackpool were like as a child.
A warm welcome, clean rooms, a nice liitle bar and a great breakfast.
Well located near the South Pier, not as busy as more central areas so not as noisy.
I would definatley return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very comfortable room. Excellent location for the pleasure beach (and Grosvenor G Casino that was the centre of my stay). Not too far from town and a very pleasant stroll up along the promenade to the tower etc.
Maybe being generous here but for £35 for a single room, I have to give full 5 excellent. Included a very proper breakfast and nothing but kindness when I woke David up trying to enter Danescourt Hotel (rather than the Lodge) two doors down at 2am in the morning. No excuse for me as I was totally sober!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked a last minute stay for 1 night in the Danescourt Lodge with our son. What a lovely family run hotel this is. We arrived around 8pm and were greeted at the door by a very pleasant young man and shown to our room which was very comfortable.
We decided to have a drink in the hotel bar before a evening stroll on the Prom. The bar was homely and had a pool table and TV, the man who served us was again very pleasant and friendly. I had on of the best nights sleeps that I have had all year.
Breakfast served between 8 and 9 on the lower ground floor. A table was set for our room and again the young lady that served us was very pleasant. Every thing you need is either on your table or brought to you, a nice change from the usual fetch it your self. Just another point I found the coffee served at breakfast excellent as was the food.
Well done to all at the Danescourt Lodge for restoring my faith in independent hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank stuartnnikki
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just returned from a weekend with a group of mixed friends and we found the location ideal for the south side, breakfast spot on and the bedrooms very clean and comfortable. Myself and my husband will definitely return as a couple and wouldn't hesitate to go again as a group.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Having just returned from a Saturday night stay at the Danescourt Lodge on an Illuminations break, I wish to recommend this lovely b&b in Blackpool for a great value stay where nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I'd like to give a special mention to David & the young lady at breakfast who were very friendly, helpful & welcoming. We were allocated a larger room than we had initially booked which was spotlessly clean & nicely furnished. Breakfast was delicious with plenty to choose from on the menu. There was a pleasant lounge area with small bar & snooker table & even a ' quiet lounge' for guests who preferred to just sit & relax. I would definitely recommend the Danescourt & would book here again next time in Blackpool. Lovely place at such a great price!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We only had 1 night in this hotel but it was very clean & the hospitality was fantastic we will defiantly go back again. We had room 8 there was a double bed single bed & bunk beds en suite shower & toilet all very clean & relaxing breakfast was great too.

Room Tip: We had a family room a double bed a single & bunk beds very clean & fresh
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just got back from girls weekend and the stay was excellent! Couldn't have asked for better service this is a great little hotel and would definitely stay again the owners are most welcoming. The breakfast was amazing and much needed after a great night out. The rooms were very clean and tidy as was the hotel overall. Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: August 2013