“Afternoon Tea”

Number Five
Ranked #30 of 761 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award winning cafe. great breakfasts and a good cuppa....
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Afternoon tea was bought for us as a present. My husband and I was due to go but unfortunately he had to work so I went with my son. We had asked for sandwiches with no butter as my husband doesn't eat butter, so was expecting this. But on arrival at the restaurant they asked again if this was still the order so we managed to change it with no fuss.
The coffee was hot, we had a choice of this too. The food came served on a lovely cake stand with a good choice of sandwiches, with salad, crisps and coleslaw, scone with cream, jam and strawberries, then a good choice of mini cakes.
The food was very fresh and delicious.
I have eaten there on other occasions and the food has always been enjoyable.
Recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Janet B

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We went to Blackpool for the weekend and passed this little cafe leaving our hotel so decided to pop in on the way back. A very nice clean cafe, well set out with more tables upstairs and the staff are very helpful. We decided to have our lunch here so i had the steak pie which comes with peas, gravy and chips. As i dont like chips i asked for them to be replaced with a jacket potato which was done without hesitation and i was given extra gravy when i asked. My fiend had smothered chicken which came with salad and chips.

My pie was very nice and the potatoe was soft and fluffy inside. I was told the chicken was tender and the topping was very tasty. Both portions were plenty if not a little to much for lunch but we then only needed something small later. The meals were priced about £6 if i remember right.

We would be happy to go back to this cafe again.

2  Thank QuadGirls
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nice selction of food, though jacket spuds seem to sell out quickly - the home-made soups are great I've had French Onion and Carrot and Coriander and both have been lovely. The soup and sandwich deal is esp good value

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was bought a voucher for this as a present. I visited during the week with my son and we chose to sit outside as the weather was nice. Excellent service from all the staff who made us feel very welcome. The tea I ordered was lovely and my son exchanged his tea for a refreshing cold drink of orange. Plenty of sandwiches with crisps, coleslaw and salad garnish. The scones were delicious and huge with lashings of cream, jam and fresh strawberries. We were so full we didn't manage to eat the selection of six small cakes.....luckily for us we were provided with a box so that we could take them home. All in all a real treat!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Whilst staying in Blackpool we visited the Number Five a couple of time, very clean and the food was great. The staff were all very friendly, great window seat upstairs to people watch! Will definately visit again.