“A Little Gem!”

McHalls Bistro
Ranked #1 of 756 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opening Hours: Friday and Saturday: Serving 5pm - 10pm (food orders 5pm - 7.3pm) Sunday: 1pm - 5pm (last orders3pm) Reservations not always necessary.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This little Bistro is one of our favourite places to eat....we probably have Sunday lunch here about twice a month and also eat here on a Friday or Saturday night when we can....we love it! The food is ALWAYS great and Dan & Gav are two of the nicest people you could wish to meet....professional and very knowledgeable about food and the wine to go with it...Dan is also an extremely good host who has a fantastic sense of humour and quite often manages to have the whole dining room in giggles :0) Just go and experience it for yourselves that's all we can say....signing off to go for Sunday lunch! H&H xx

1  Thank littlegav

Reviewed February 7, 2014

So, on my last free Sunday afternoon, which I don't get very often, I made the journey to Blackpool from Manchester for Sunday lunch. This may sound a little OTT, but only if you've never eaten at McHall's Bistro. I can't recommend it highly enough, although I am reluctant to do so as I always want a table. Each time we've been, we always get a very warm, sincere welcome from Danny, who remembers my name (nice touch, I think), has my favourite glass of white on the table in moments and seems to just appear every time we need something. As for the food, wow! Gavin, the house chef, does something quite amazing with pastry. I am veggie so opted for the lentil and blue cheese pie - a m a z i n g! Can't wait to go back for more chocolate fudge brownies asap. Next time I'm getting a doggy bag too!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Should you find yourself with a Sunday afternoon to fill, don't miss the opportunity of lunch at McHalls. I can honestly say this little gem offers the best home cooked food I've had in Blackpool. I started with the black pudding stack, followed by the most succulent lamb, which is actually making my mouth water as I write just from the memory of it! If you can manage it, after the ample starter and main, treat yourself to one of Gavin's desserts, just don't make any plans to do anything to physically taxing for the rest of the afternoon! We've booked in for this week and will be making it our regular haunt if we can get in! Thanks so much to the lovely hospitality of Danny, who met us with a smile and left us that way. Roll on Sunday.... yum!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We visited this little bistro whilst spending the weekend in Blackpool and what a find !!
I was greeted by Danny on arrival and asked whether we wanted a drink in the bar prior to eating which was a nice gesture. The dining area is nicely decorated with good atmospheric lighting, we had a starter and main and throughout the attention from the owner was of a real high standard but very personal. The food was great value (if I'm honest it should have cost at least £5 more) the quality was awesome, the service was great... what more could i say... Go there and enjoy !!

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Superb freshly cooked food in a lovely atmosphere. You won't get better. A lot of the food is homemade and tastes delicious. Prices very reasonable.

1  Thank Steveflorist