“Brownies To Die For” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McHalls Bistro

McHalls Bistro
Ranked #1 of 704 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Opening Hours: Friday and Saturday: Serving 5pm - 10pm (food orders 5pm - 7.3pm) Sunday: 1pm - 5pm (last orders3pm) Reservations not always necessary.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Brownies To Die For”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you are in the area then please go here for Sunday lunch. I live in Blackpool and have eaten at most places over the years that serve Sunday lunch, this is without a doubt one of the nicest and friendliest Sunday lunches you could have ever have. To be welcomed by the ever smiling, warm and friendly Danny is a great start to your dining experience. The homecooked food is just wonderful, my partner loves the pate (meat) and I have tasted the pate (3 cheese) which again is divine. Have to say that the homemade soups are just delicious. Main course is always cooked to perfection and served on a piping hot plate ( a little touch that many top hotels and establishments forget) and the homemade gravy is yummy.
Best bit Gavins homemade chocolate brownie and vanilla ice cream , a little bit of heaven on a plate (though mum in law enjoyed the sticky toffee pudding and custard)
Have been numerous times now and glad mum found it and introduced us to it. Don't change anything guys and keep up the great standard you have (never stop the hot plates lol)
The food is superb, the host is great , the atmosphere home from home. I hope to go many more times .
For a Sunday dining experience to enjoy, you wont go far wrong going to McHalls.
Thanks guys Debra & Gary x

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank DebsandGary

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

A quick scan of tripadvisor for somewhere to eat in Blackpool on a Saturday evening came up trumps, when McHalls caught my eye. Enthused by its reviews, a reservation was duly made; however, the pressure was on as my wife and dear mother-in-law were my companions, both of whom have a somewhat discerning taste. My choice of eatery could prove crucial to the remainder of the evening?

I needn't have worried of course. Danny who takes care of 'front of house' was a warm and witty host who puts you at ease the moment you arrive and is attentive throughout your dining experience. The bistro has a very relaxed ambience and the bar has a very funky feel to it.

Now as for the fare offered. To be truthful, I can't even remember what the 2 ladies in my life chose, as all I recall were 'mmmm's' and 'ooooo's' of approval and consequently the rest of my evening passed pleasantly. Feed 'em well to gain favour I say! I opted for the Thai Curry which was absolutely sensational and despite feeling totally full half way through my meal, I just couldn't stop. If I could have licked the plate...I would? So having displayed reckless disregard for BMI, I had to award a definite 10 out of 10 for flavour and spiciness. Delicious is an understatement.

Blackpool is not necessarily a place I would visit often, however, any future trip to the lakes may well be subject to a detour via Blackpool in order to experience Thai Curry at McHalls.

A great little bistro with excellent staff and fabulous food.

3 Thank alimacSYorks
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Although not a high class restaurant , this is a 5 star eatery, everything is home made and cooked to perfection. We were in Blackpool for 2 nights , went to Mchalls after being recommended from the B&B we were staying ( Delovely another 5 star recommended B&B ) and were not disappointed, we went to AJs on the second night but wished we had gone back to Mchalls . Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank peterhardy51
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Extraordinary food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went for the Sunday lunch expecting good food based on the reviews, however, they exceeded our expectations. The meal was delicious, the service outstanding. The chicken liver paté was very good, and the roast lamb was just like grandma used to make.

Highly recommended, a must visit if you are in Blackpool.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank thherrera
Harrogate
“Unexpected quality in a small Blackpool hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was visiting Blackpool on my own for a short leisure break. Not my usual choice of destination but it looked like good weather and interesting for a change. I wanted a small B&B at budget price but close to the centre and entertainments. McHalls seemed to meet the need. On first approach it was not enticing being close to various pubs and a night club. It was clearly the gay area which would not normally be my choice. However, the building looked good and the interior was inviting. The big surprise was that it housed a bistro which was far above any prior expectations. This acted as the breakfast room but at weekends became an excellent venue for dinner (lunch on Sunday). Daniel the hotel co-owner is perfect as the front of house with his partner Gavin as a gifted chef. Dishes are apparently home prepared with fresh ingredients, including superb ice cream. I cannot fault the atmosphere, menu or quality and would thoroughly recommend this venue whether as a hotel resident or just for a meal.

2 Thank Christine-and-Ted