“The Beach House, something a bit different..........”

Beach House Bistro & Bar
Ranked #35 of 753 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Alfresco
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Ok, a quick review for you, the place is outstanding in terms of position, right on the Promenade next to the sea. and big floor to ceiling windows to give you that all round vision.

The food is top notch, not sure where they've got the chef from, but he is good, no in fact he's very good and anyone that appreciates quality food will know straight away he is the business.

When you're in the place you feel like you are abroad, it does not feel like Blackpool more like Marbella Beach or one of the Balearic Islands, lovely ambience and setting.

I have to say the staff could be better, our waitress was not the brightest bulb on the Xmas tree, but this was more than compensated by a caring owner who took time to check how things were and put right any little annoyances that the waitress failed to address.

Rarely will you find a place that has the potential to be brilliant like this place has, the ambience, position, food and feel of the place is superb, time will tell if it achieves this, I hope so because it is so different than everywhere else in Blackpool and the town needs places like this to prosper.

There are newer reviews for Beach House Bistro & Bar

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had dinner here with a friend it was a relaxing and enjoyable exprience, we started with mini hamburgers with the cutest little cone of chips i have ever seen and a quails egg. Divine!.

followed by salad each, also really tasty and good sized portions.sadly so good we couldnt manage a desert.The menu was really extensive and i'm looking forward to going back and trying more of the tapas dishes on offer

the house wine is really good and a reasonable price.

The restaurant has been thouthfully decorated and creates a wonderful ambience, be it for a shopping trip rest stop or an evening meal. Comfy sofas, tables overlooking the sea and a large bar area.

The staff are knowledgeable about the food and wine and the service is warm and friendly with a good dose of Northern Charm, especially Danny !

I am delighted there is somewhere so classy in Blackpool and will reccommend highly to friends

3  Thank RichesR
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We visited the Beach House after work on New Years Eve. We were offered the same hospitality given to guests who had been there all night. It was a really marvellous atmosphere and the staff and friends could not do enough for you. we were treated as friends at a big family party - we will certainly be back and recommend it to all our family and friends.. I have lived in Blackpool all my life and this is the sort of place which Blackpool needs to make it a more upmarket resort . Well done/10 out 10

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've just enjoyed a really excellent meal in The Beach House.
There's not a huge choice on the menu but I'm sure most tastes will be well catered for.
The Bruschetta was fantastic. They managed to turn a simple dish into a real delight.
This was followed by a perfectly cooked fillet steak served on a hot plate by attentive staff.
The dessert of white chocolate cake and an Expresso coffee were also excellent.
This all came at a rather high price but I feel it was worth every penny.
Next time I'm working in Blackpool I'll make a point of coming in.
Surrounded by a sea of doubtful burger places or greasy fish and chip shops the attractive and modern Beach House is a very welcome sight.
Just one small niggle though. Please serve proper handcut chips and not the skinny little fries. Thanks.

1  Thank happydriver
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Spotted this beautiful restaurant on the prom, we were visiting for a Motown night at the Tower and is directly across the road.

Very eye catching and stunning lighting from the roadside.. It really stands out from the rest of the glum and humdrum of rough bars on the front. A haven from the madness and a real night saver of a find.

This venue is a well thought through restaurant with quality fittings and fixtures... We popped in for a pizza as wanted something light before the evening in the tower.. The menu looked well balanced and from what I could see coming out of the kitchen we really missed out on an evenings dining.. But if/when I go back.. I will be back to dine for sure and make the most of it.

The drinks list is also very well thought through and we enjoyed a bottle of prosecco at £20... The mixture they have created between dining and bar is perfect, the atmosphere is well balanced. The staff were very pleasant and well trained.. After owning restaurants myself before.. and for only being open 4 weeks.. they will go on to great things. I really hope the Blackpool crowd get out and support this venue, I highly recommend it to visitors wanting to get away from the drunks.. I spoke to the owners a mother, father and daughter team as we left, they were very friendly and outgoing... They really deserve it to work after all the effort, heart and soul they have put into it.

Pure Class and look to come back next year and see you full... if I can get a table by then!

Good Luck!