“Entertaining”

Ken Webster Hypnotist Show
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I watched a DVD of Ken Webster 3 years ago and have wanted to go see his show since but working Saturday nights meant I couldn't go. I finally got the chance last weekend and although I enjoyed the night it was a bit of a let down after the wait!

Firstly we arrived at 8pm and finding seats for our group of 5 was not easy as seats are not reserved, the tables are too close together and getting up to go to the bar or toilet is difficult.

Ken starts the show with some psychic/mentalist tricks, these were very good.

For the second half he hypnotises volunteers. One of these men I recognised right away and turning to my husband he said to me "I know that man" Ken seemed to use this man more than any other person on stage. When we told the other 3 people in our party that we recognised him the informed me that they too recognised him, they have seen the show 3 times before and this man has been on stage every time! We then realized that the reason we recognised him was because he was on the DVD we saw! Another man also used a lot in the show when in "sleep" kept opening one eye! this ruined it for me as it was clear these 2 men were not genuine. Their were some girls on stage who were clearly very hypnotised and Ken barely even spoke to them the show was mostly about the 4 men on stage and the 8 women just sat there.

Ken Webster is a very funny man and I did laugh quite a lot, the only thing about his sence of humour I did not like was his constant comments to a larger lady sat by the stage, maybe one fat joke is excusable but he kept it up all night and I was clear to see that she was quite upset.

It was still a good night and I will definitely go again because next time I want to volunteer!!

2  Thank donna1981xx

Reviewed October 1, 2012

During the summer season in Blackpool the place to be on a Saturday night is The Horseshoe Bar at Pleasure Beach to see the fantastic and outrageously funny Ken Webster Show. The show has unreserved seating so it is best to get there for when the doors open at 7:30pm, it does get busy as it is only £13 a ticket which is exellent value for money as the show last's for nearly 3 and a half hours. The show is in two parts, the first is a mind blowing experience of mentalism, a funny Derren Brown, and the second is a hilarious hypnotism show like no other. I have seen this show many times and every time I have seen it it has been different and better than the last a non stop laugh from start to finish with Ken never failing to entertain. Throughout both parts of the show Ken ask's for volunteers to assist him on stage even when it comes to the hypnotism part, he never picks on people to be hypnotised. A must see show for anyone with a sense of humour who is not easily offended.

4  Thank X6MikeTC
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I went here with my brother and sister in law and from start to fiinish is was sensational, The first half was filled with trickery as well as a whole load of laughs, he made fun of anyone who took part but not in a cruel way,and had everyone in stitches. The second half was with members of the audience being hypnotised, and was an absolute riot. There is one member of the audience who goes evey year and always takes part, she is a really brilliant participant and a total laugh. Ken is very proud of the men and women in our armed forces and always praises the work they do, and if anyone from the forces takes part in his show he gives them free tickets. All in all a wonderful night

1  Thank scotty57
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This show was unlike anything I'd seen before. The first half was full of mind bending tricks, similar to Derren Brown or Dynamo but with a bit of adult comedy thrown in! He gets the audience to participate throughout. Second half is the hypnotist bit, which was just nuts. My face was aching from laughing so much, be warned it is an adult show and Ken's sense of humor is similar to Roy 'Chubby' Brown's! Had to be the highlight of the trip though. Also drinks to your table so didn't have to get up mid show..fantastic night out.

1  Thank rachyd84
Reviewed September 23, 2012

22.9.2012 Horseshow Bar Blackpool, near South Pier. Very good value for money @ £13 per ticket. He kept the volunteers on stage for over 2 hours (the show actually started at 8:30 and finished at Midnight). Always near the mark, but very funny, and of course not at your expense! Food ok, and reasonable prices as was he drinks, pushed some photo's but no obligation to buy as they did his dvd's at the end. A good nights entertainment and not too costly.

1  Thank dmbishop