“Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Coral Island Cafe
Ranked #137 of 704 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Coral Island is Blackpool's largest indoor free admission family attraction. Come and explore Coral Island and enjoy an action packed day filled with fabulous food and family favourite seaside rides and redemption games as well as adult gaming and prize bingo.
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Took my daughter here and she loved the place, I didn't experience any miserable staff and we ate in the pub that is inside and the food was nice. There was a guy wondering round dressed as jack sparrow he was really good and was giving the children gold coins and eye patches which I thought was nice, we went on the mono rail which my daughter loved so we went on twice, I can not complain about the price as it was £1 each (I can't get on a fair ground ride for that price) she also went on the fair ground ride that was inside again that was £1. We went on the ghost train my daughter didn't really like that as she did find it a little scary, but then she is only 3!
There is lots to do in coral island, but I can imagine it could also cost you a lot of money.

Visited December 2013

Katrineholm, Sweden
“Very Bad Customer service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I went in here with some friends and we had a meal in the cafe which was awful it reminded me of school dinners, overly boiled cabbage undercooked greasy fish and undercooked chips. Nothing healthy to eat at all. My advice is buy some sandwiches and Nice snacks from Marks and spencers before you go in. This seemed great in the bad weather and if you stick to the low stake machines but beware the place is full of gambling sharks watching people loose the pouncing on the machine.

Although it has a good variety of games, if you play on the higher stakes machines and need to go the toilet make sure you have a friend with you to guard your machine while your away as there dosnt seem to be enough staff in the place. Also many machines are poorly maintained with bulbs missing ore worse still three times a slot machine took my pound but didn't register, i then had to leave the machine to inform the lady in the change booth who instructed me to wait by the machine for a technician to come. There only seems to be about 2 technicians in the whole place. After waiting up to half an hour a technician arrives opens up the machine pokes a screwdriver in the jammed tube and unsmilingly gives the pound back. I saw there were sometimes 3 or 4 pounds stuck that people had lost but couldn't be bothered waiting.

The final straw came for me when I was playing a game called super bar x. After a while i decided to cash out . I had 26 pounds of winnings to collect, there was a sign saying please have a staff witness the payout, as there was no staff around and i wanted to leave I just pressed collect. Only 9 pounds came out, then a sign flashed up please call attendant hopper empty. This was the 4th time in one visit. I contacted the lady in the change booth again was instructed to to wait by machine ,I waited for 35 min. Then the technician came , a very grumpy sour faced thing, he opened the machine and refilled the hopper, then told me it had paid me. I told him that it still owed me 16 pounds. I had already lost money in this place as it was by gambling I didn't want to loose more because of a fault. My plea fell on deaf ears. " Theres nowt wrong with that machine" sour face barked at me. He turned on his built up heel and stormed off. I was so angry and felt a damm fool for going there in the first place.

I could accept loosing money from the game but not this.

• Visited January 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Was quite good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We got a little addicted to the 2p machines and ended up spending around £50 on them but there were some brilliant prizes I ended up getting 2 me to you ornaments, we did have a drink in the buccaneer but were put off by the strong smell of wee though the girl behind the bar was lovely,
We spent a lot of time in Coral island trying to win tickets we really enjoyed it.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Gemma M
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“my kids love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

my kids love it but its always too hot ,the staff are miserable and the foods disgusting ,that said we still go back every year, the monorail ride around the ceiling is good fun

Visited November 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Coral Island is brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Pirate themed casino/amusement arcade, need I say more?
Really fun, lots to do. Theres bingo, fruit ninja on a huge flat screen, a number of slot machines, Arabian derby ect. Also there is a cool pirate boat ride which goes around the ceiling of the casino and a pirate ghost train which was fun (I thought they where for kids but we managed to get on it no questions asked).
About 3/4 restaurants in total, Captain Jacks Bar and Grill was delicious-very good burgers and cocktails especially the mojitos!
Coral Island is most definitely worth a visit!

• Visited December 2012