“Fantastic Burgers”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
West Lothian
“Fantastic Burgers”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This has the feel of a Californian surf shack. The burgers were truly the best I have ever tasted. Good service and some costumed characters ala "Pirates of the Caribbean" make an appearance and give the kids some sweets.

Visited September 2012

Chelmsford
“Average food, and below par service...”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Went in here as a party of four adults and one child. Find your own table, make a note of it's number, and then order at the bar. Burgers, ribs, and fries are the order of the day here, and our orders were delivered promptly but with little courtesy; banged down at one end of the table without a word of acknowledgement.

Food was average, and no surprises. Acceptable, but disagree that portions are large for everything.

Never offered a chance to order desserts and given the bill to pay as we finished the mains.

Wouldn't recommend it. Perhaps being "Southerners" got us below-average treatment this particular night...

3 Thank JamesUKChelmsford
Telford, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Go early & queue if you need to, Shamus is very welcoming the food is excellent& well worth the money. We had the ribs we felt we just had to! but there is plenty other food available the portions are generous & their share deserts are to die for! Well worth the wait! Only downside is the place needs to be much bigger.

Manchester
“Worth a visit.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went here for the first time on Saturday with my partner. Started with the mixed sharing platter, which was very nice. I can honestly say the chicken wings were the best I have ever had. I'm not big on food with bones in (lazy eater!) but these just fell off the bone and were so tasty. I'd DEFINITELY have these again. Had the Spaniard burger for a main, which to be honest was a bit disappointing. I opted for the 12oz, but the 6oz would have been enough. Was easier to eat once I removed one of the burgers, but the meat was a bit dry, which was a shame. My partner had the chicken kebab, which she enjoyed.

All in all though a very good meal, with good size portions. Definitely worth a visit, and I will be returning for those scrumptious chicken wings!

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Best Ribs Ever!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Best Ribs of my life

Huge portion wouldn't even fit on the plate and amazing fries in a cute mini frying pan style dish.

I got the BBQ and my partner the Jack Daniels Glaze and they were both amazing. Not lots of sauce just a light glaze so as not to detract from the taste of the meat itself which had just a hint of pink like ribs should.

Seemed not a drop of fat on the ribs just juicy and perfect and never ending!

We got a bottle of wine to share for £10 too and it lasted the whole meal because so much delicious rib juice didn't even get that thirsy haha!

It was rainy and busy outside and it has made us a bit miserable about our trip this cheered us up amazingly!
Took a little while for the food to come but when it arrived you saw why takes time and skill to cook such a large amount of ribs so well.

Bravo Captain Jacks we will be back!