“Blackpool short break”
Review of Blackpool FC Hotel

Blackpool FC Hotel
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Used a discount voucher but well worth the full price as well. Large, air conditioned room, very clean and comfy. Breakfast was excellent and all staff were helpful and friendly. Even met some of the players!

Room Tip: we had a town facing room but the stadium facing rooms have larger windows looking straight onto the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pammy869

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed here a few weeks ago, the rooms are small, the bed was uncomfortable and the service of the staff was non existent. So many better places in better areas of Blackpool to stay. Never again will I stay here

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
15  Thank thetravellinggem
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Me my wife and 6 month old daughter stayed here staff all brilliant and helpful met us at door and took all luggage to our room while I parked up and then checked in. But of a walk into town but we didn't mind that. Would definitely recommend and stay again!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stopped here for 3 nights in the Bloomfield suite, I got to say I was shocked on how outstanding the room was for the amount I paid compared to other hotels such as the hilton.

I went done stairs for dinner in the evening and the restaurant is very clean and the staff are very accommodating and they try their best to meet your needs.

The customer service is excellent and this hotel is one of the best hotels I have stopped in for cleanliness, helpfulness and the staff are very helpful.

The only negative thing I would say is the food menu doesn't have a big range of food and not much food available if you are a vegetarian.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Just come back from a great stay at this hotel, very comfortable rooms, pleasant staff, the breakfast was good just we did not like the sausages they served but only a small point plus a really good meal in Rowleys

Room Tip: a pitch side room is the room to have
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2014

stayed here for a night with family and had dinner & breakfast there...
the staff were fabulous really attentive to our needs , really cant express how much they went to serve our needs . Again hats off to the staff (not kiss me quick hats !) we eat inn the restaurant that evening and the food was exemplary and service spot on.. the rooms were excellent and very clean also ..however got to say ... the chandelier in the stair case was crooked (he he) .. (make sure its straight next time i come back).

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My first impression of Blackpool FC Hotel was overwhelmingly positive. To be honest I wasn't expecting much - so when I arrived and there was a concierge to take my bags and the reception staff was welcoming and amazing, and I managed to get booked in for the spa that same evening I felt like I was in heaven.

The rooms were modern and immaculate and the staff on the first 2 days that I stayed couldn't do enough. I got to eat dinner looking out at the Blackpool FC pitch. And the WIFI was excellent and accessible from almost anywhere in the hotel.

In fact, had I not stayed an extra night I would probably have given an even higher rating.

A few things marred the experience though. Firstly, breakfast doesn't start being served until 7:30am in the week. That's very late if you are staying there for business which I was. It's also not a buffet. You have to order. And it took absolutely ages almost making me late.

Dinner on the first night was abysmal. My pate came with cremated toast which I had to send back. And my duck with mash was as dry as the Sahara. Really disappointing. I was actually shocked that the chef served both meals as they were. The second night was better - but unremarkable. That having been said the wait staff were exceptional despite the food. Very attentive and even brought me dessert on the second night to my room.

Saturday morning however was an entirely different scenario. Gone was the relaxation of the week days. The lovely reception staff were replaced with 2 of the most lackadaisical young men I ever had the displeasure of meeting who were overwhelmed and clearly wanted to do the bare minimum. On all the days that I was there the lovely reception staff called me a taxi happily. When I was checking out I got a very dismissive "You can call one yourself downstairs" - Really? I was stunned after all the good treatment I had received during the week.

Overall a good experience and I would stay here again - but not on a business trip. Also not sure that I would give the restaurant my custom again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business