“brilliant hotel”
Review of Blackpool FC Hotel

Blackpool FC Hotel
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed May 6, 2013

we were welcomed by very friendly staff and the whole stay was great. 8 of us in our party and had 4 twin rooms. bar was good, evening meal was great and the rooms were very modern and clean. cannot wait to come back down to Blackpool to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here on the easter weekend 29th March - 31st.

As it was my 19th birthday my boyfriend treated me to this weekend.
As first we thought his mother had booked us at a Premier Inn but she had booked us at this hotel by accident and at first I was dissapointed but as soon as we got to the hotel, I couldnt of been more happy. There was a man who took our bags straight away and was just brilliant and chatty with us.

We arrvied about 1pm and couldnt check in til 3pm so they let us keep our bags there and we walked into Blackpool and had a few drinks at Yates's, at first I thought it would be a very long walk but it took us about 15 minutes and as the weather was lovely it didnt bother us!

The room was absolutly gorgeous, the bed was massive and so comfy! The bath room was spotless, everything was just so clean.

We had breakfast in the morning and it was lovely, apart from scrambled eggs as they was a bit runny, apart from that all staff was so helpful as well.
The day we left my boyfriend went down for breakfast on his own as I was feeling very hungover from the night before :) but he said it was even nicer!

I would most definitely stay here everytime I visit Blackpool. for the price it is more than worth it! A baragin in mine and my boyfriends eyes.

It was a perfect weekend away for my birthday and mine and my boyfriends first weekend away,

Would change one thing!

Perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

stayed here 20/21 april. we didnt check in till 9pm as we had attended a local football match, we where both tired and ready for our bed, after such a long day. on check in we where told that a function was going off in a nearby suite, but assured the music would stop at 11pm, no problem. on checking into our room we found the room was not up to standard, the carpet had not been hoovered, the bed linen was not clean, with black marks on the pillows aswell as another persons hair on the pillow and and in the bed, but the best was yet to come in the bathroom, there was large amounts of pubic hair all over the floor, back of toilet and on the shelf infront of the mirror!!?? (please see attached pics if you misbelieve me) went to reception to report the problem, they offered a free drink while they cleaned our room, but we just wanted our beds, we where offered another room but it was nearer the function, no problem. the new room was far cleaner than the first, thankgod! we sat watching television waiting for the banging music to stop at 11pm and go to sleep. trouble is the music didnt stop at 11pm, so at 11.20pm we phoned reception to complain again. the music finally stopped at 11.30pm, sleep at last!

breakfast on first morning was very poor, the food on the buffet counter was not being kept to the correct temperature, but saying that the freezing cold plates you had to put it on didnt help. we had to ask for our food to be microwaved?!
the breakfast on the second morning was cooked to order, so was far better.

the problems at the hotel, didnt spoil our stay in blackpool, chesterfield beat fleetwood 3-1, both got a tan with great weather! the new promenade looks fab, going in the tower ballroom to watch the dances was highly entertaining, and stanley park is second to none, well worth a visit.

we stayed at this hotel on a deal, so only paid half price for two nights, but wouldnt had been happy paying the full amount with all the problems, after all, you are spoilt for choice for accomodation in blackpool. i tried to contact the hotel before i posted this review but they chose not to return my email.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ScottishBlue
blackpoolfchotel, General Manager at Blackpool FC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

We have taken note of issues you encountered during your stay and will be reviewing some of the systems we have in place. We will be doing everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy their stay and have peace of mind.

Thank you for your review, your feedback is very important to us, and thank you for choosing the Blackpool FC Hotel.

If you would like to speak to us about anything regarding this review then please give us a call on 01253 401953, or alternatively you can email reception@blackpoolfchotel.com

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Picked this hotel on basis of other Trip Advisor reviews. Having stayed at a fair few dodgy B&B's in Blackpool in the past, this presents a much better and safer option for accommodation in the centre of Blackpool. Pitched at the top end of what I would class as essentially a modern budget hotel, it stacks up well against Premier Inn/ Travel Lodge etc ( which are opposite the ground). It's relatively new, therefore has a clean, modern feel, and rooms are a good size, and beds comfortable. Has a bar which overlooks the football pitch where breakfast is served. Breakfast was the only meal we had, though the dinner menu looked good. Breakfast was adequate, ( ie hot enough, taste fine), choice of fruit a bit limited, and choice of main cooked breakfast also bit limited, but overall better than many hotel buffet breakfasts I have had. Location is good, just a few minutes from the prom. Enjoyed it as a brief stopover, and would use it again as a Blackpool base.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Here are the 10 (yes 10) things that were unsatisfactory and examples of the poor customer service we received during and following our stay.

1) BLOOD (looked like it) on the pillow case when we checked into our room
2) HEATING BLOWING OUT COLD AIR FOR 30 MINS, checked on by reception and told a lot of the guests were complaining about the same thing.
3) COLD BREAKFAST from the buffet which we had to send back to get re-heated.
4) NO STAFF ON RECEPTION when I had left my phone in the room and needed to get back in but the key wasn’t working. Waited 15 minutes, checked back of reception. Nobody around anywhere. Had to go out without phone and couldn’t meet friends and family we had arranged to on our visit.
5) £3.50 FOR CHIPS on room service which appeared to be 1 potato worth cut into about 5 chips. I spoke to 2 members of staff regarding room service and not one of them mentioned this to me, despite knowing what it was I was looking for and that perhaps their menu wasn’t suitable. I would’ve thought for the price you would at least get a proper portion of chips for one or two to share.
6) ROOM NOT CLEANED on return to the hotel later that day meaning the dirty smelly plates from the night before were left, rubbish, no towels, bed not made. Rang reception who said cleaners had left but would try and get someone. Asked to leave room whilst it was cleaned. Inconvenient when we had been out all day and wanted to relax before our evening out.
7) WAITED 20 MINS TO BE SERVED IN THE BAR to receive a drink whilst we waited for the room to be cleaned because the one member of staff was busy serving food and forgot we were there. Hardly good service as a complimentary offer for our inconvenience!!!
8) ROOM STILL NOT CLEANED!!! When we returned to the room some 40 minutes later. All the plates, glasses and rubbish which were clearly left on the table in the room in full view were STILL left. We had to call reception again to sort this!!!
9) GYM UNSTAFFED AND SPA NOT FITTED YET. So whilst this was offered it wasn’t actually available to make use of.
10) When we complained to reception we gave our details and were told someone would be in touch. THIS NEVER HAPPENED resulting in me writing a letter and emailing and posting separate Copies.

My review is a summary of my complaint letter to the hotel. This took over 2 weeks and some chasing to get a reply to which was an offer of 10% reduction (equivalent to £8) off a future stay??? I found this ridiculous and insulting considering the poor customer service spoilt our anniversary weekend away!!!! I have stayed and worked in hotels before and I consider myself to be a pretty patient person. I’m also not one to complain or write reviews so the fact I have felt the need to do both of these things shows the extent of my dissatisfaction. Yes, the Hotel is shiny and new... but in my opinion new decor is not the only thing that makes a good hotel never mind a 4 star hotel!!!!!

In my view the thing that makes a hotel successful is the way it’s staff perform, how guests are treated and the level of this is what makes a hotel a basic or a 4 star hotel! In my opinion the service we received was not good enough for any hotel never mind a 4 star hotel!!!!

Very very disappointed and I personally would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
21  Thank Justsaying80
blackpoolfchotel, General Manager at Blackpool FC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Justsaying80,

It is very disappointing to read such a negative review of the hotel that my staff and I take such pride in. As you know the first review you posted with a different username (similar to the one you have posted above) was removed as it was/is inaccurate, liable and darn right malicious. Rather than have it removed for a second time, I would prefer to expose you and your lies.
I will address each and every point made in your post.

1) BLOOD. No hotel members of staff were made aware of this by you or your boyfriend during your stay. I know if I went into a hotel room and there was blood on the pillow, the first thing I would do is make a staff member aware of it.

2) The heating system in your room was checked when you left the hotel and there was nothing wrong with it. Each room has its own heating system and many people call down to find out how to work the controls but there were no complaints on that night about the heating other than yours.

3) COLD BREAKFAST. You were the only guests on that morning to request your food to be heated up. We were more than happy to do this as we appreciate people have different preferences.

4) NO STAFF ON RECEPTION. A blatant lie, we have a wonderful thing called cctv that showed to us that you popped your head into reception and did not even ring the giant bell on the desk. The receptionist was in the back office and was in there for exactly 1 minute 27 seconds.

5) £3.50 for chips is the going rate for thick hand cut chips in a 4 star hotel. If you had asked the price we would have told you. Maybe if you wanted chips to share you should have asked for two portions!

6) ROOM NOT CLEANED. You arrived back at your room before check in time but when you requested to have the room cleaned we came up straight away and even offered you and your boyfriend a free drink while you waited for it to be cleaned.

7) WAITED 20 MINS TO BE SERVED IN THE BAR. Another blatant lie, our cctv shows us that your drinks order was taken when you first walked into the restaurant and your drinks arrived just over 4 minutes later.

8) ROOM STILL NOT CLEANED. The room was cleaned! Everyone is told quite clearly when room service is delivered that you should either leave your plates/tray outside your door or call down the restaurant for collection. This is standard with the majority of high end hotels across the World.

9) GYM UNSTAFFED AND SPA NOT FITTED YET. That is correct but you can still use the gym if you choose. If you have a look on our website we do not advertise that the spa is open yet.

10) During your stay you were abusive and rude to my staff and after I was made aware of this I looked into it, looking at cctv, talking to staff and analysing your complaint letter. After concluding that you were obviously a professional complainer I reluctantly decided to offer you 10% off another night stay as a token gesture. After receiving that offer and not getting your own way by getting a complementary night stay or a complete refund you have shown your true colours.

The fact that you travelled from Liverpool on an £89 KGB deal that included 2 nights stay bed and breakfast with a bottle of Prosecco on arrival had no reflection on the level of service you received.
Since your stay you have had friends calling the hotel up and threatening my staff which in my opinion is appalling.
I hope I have fully answered your complaints and may I make myself perfectly clear that we have a zero tolerance policy to both threatening and abusive behaviour so therefore to save you any embarrassment please do not return to the Blackpool FC Hotel.
Unlike your complaint, where there is a valid concern or complaint from a customer I take it very seriously and act on it appropriately.

Sam Oyston

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed here just before Christmas 2012.Room very good,service second to none without being overbearing,breakfast awesome!!!!!!Only stayed one night but wished we had stayed longer.We booked to cover a night at the Tower Ballroom for the Christmas Ball and the hotel stay was the highlight of the weekend,even though the ball was good.It is within walking distance of the tower but a taxi is only about £6.Would not hesitate to stay again,despite the notion of staying at a football club seeming a bit odd.it felt like a high class hotel.

Room Tip: Did not stay long enough to comment