“Great!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rowley's

Rowley's
Ranked #30 of 704 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Paul Rowley, Hotelier, Entrepreneur and Chef has opened his first restaurant on the 2nd floor of the superb new 72 bedroom 4* Blackpool FC Hotel.Rowley's restaurant offers guests a modern British menu and the best of local and regional produce with some international twists and always "big hearty flavours". Respect for seasonality means that daily specials will always be worth looking for.The restaurant is beautifully appointed with a unique view of the stadium and the warmth of welcome, service and attention to detail that ensures all guests of a wonderful dining experience.Rowley's was awarded the "Best New Restaurant in the North West 2012/13" by Lancashire Magazine
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Sunday lunch was very good, except for the 'cardboard' yorkshire pudding - I had roast beef which was exactly as I wanted (pink). Great location but, as mentioned by another reviewer, almost empty. Pity - this is a great location, with good food and nice staff. We had a very nice relaxed time. not rushed between courses.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Preston B

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The layout, the newness, the hospitality and attentiveness of the staff, the excellent food, the stadium views, the lovely beer...

Visited May 2013
England
“Excellent place to dine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I visited Rowley's with family following a recommendation and were thoroughly impressed with both service, atmosphere and the food. We would definitely recommend and are already planning our next visit.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Tyne18
Lancashire
“Very good Sunday lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time we have been to the restaurant, and we chose to go for Sunday Lunch. We looked at the menu while we were having drinks at the bar. The restaurant is lovely, glass walls overlooking the pitch and tables beautifully set. The Sunday Lunch menu did not come with a huge choice, but what we had was very good. I started with the goat"s cheese and pear tart. It wasn't a tart, it was a vol au vent and it was delicious, but the heart of the dish i.e. goat cheese and pear, was style over substance. Delicious but not much pear or blue cheese. He who must be obeyed had the potted duck. This time he said " Mine wins," and it did!

We both had the beef for mains and it was cooked perfectly for us. We like our beef rare and that is how it came, but I believe that if you wanted it well done, that option was available. The roast potatoes should have been recognised as a poem, they were soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside. The veg was al dented and the gravy was fab. I could have had a lot more of the gravy, because the outstanding Yorkshire puddings deserved it. I think I will ask for more gravy next time.

Go! You'll like it. Himself had the chocolate brownie with home made ice cream for pudding, which he rated very highly. I would have liked cheese with the remains of the red wine, but, alas, not available.

The staff were fab, service was great, we will be back.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank iloveegyptLancashire
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent food but lacking customers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visited Rowleys for Sunday lunch. The entrance is on Bloomfield Road itself opposite the Travel Lodge. It's actually the entrance to the Blackpool Football Club hotel. It was a little strange as you enter a lobby area for the hotel then take the lift to Level 2 and there was no one around until you step out of the lift. The restaurant however was pleasantly spacious and well furnished with a comfy seating area where we grabbed a drink and browsed the menu. We were shown to our table by the window looking out onto the football pitch. This was great and although there was only a solitary groundsman on the pitch it made for an unusual outlook. Bet it would be great on match days! The window stretches the entire length of one side of the restaurant and I can imagine the adjacent tables are very popular. We had no problem as there was only one other party (of seven) in the restaurant when we arrived. Another couple arrived whilst we were eating but that was all. We arrived about 1.45 and left shortly before 4 which I believe is when the restaurant closes again until the evening. Two young waitresses looked after us and were attentive but seemed to lack experience. The menu was a bit limited - three starters, three mains and three desserts with vegetarians catered for in those choices but maybe those choices were sufficient given the number of patrons and I'm sure there's more choice in the evening. I opted for chicken liver parfait which was beautifully presented and tasted excellent. This was served with toasted brioche and some kind of berry jelly. I followed that with the chicken chasseure which was also excellent. My partner had pear and cheese tart followed by roast beef, all cooked to perfection. The wine menu was extensive and on a par with other restaurants in terms of price. We chose to stick on beer. The dessert options were rhubarb crumble cheesecake, chocolate brownie with ice cream or cheese and biscuits, all cold. I wanted a hot dessert so the chef provided two options which was good customer service. The price was very reasonable too - £18.50 for three courses. All in all excellent food, very good value and classy surroundings. It was just a shame there were so few customers but maybe it's early days yet and I suspect evenings are much livelier.

• Visited April 2013