“'Don't forget anything!'”
Review of The Ramsay Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
The Ramsay Hotel
Ranked #55 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Hertfordshire
“'Don't forget anything!'”
Reviewed November 29, 2009

We visited The Ramsey Hotel in Blackpool in October and although we did have a good stay I accidentally left my telephone charger in our room. I contacted them and they said they had found it and would return it to me. After a week I hadn't received it so I emailed them and they said they had only just posted it. I am still waiting for it! I have sent a number of emails but they have been ignored.

1 Thank Banoffeepie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I stayed at the Ramsay Hotel in Blackpool, when visiting my girlfriend who was in a theatre show that has been touring the country and was stopped at the globe theatre in Blackpool for two weeks.

I went up to visit her for four days during the week (during half term), and booked the hotel last minute on the internet for £74 a night (including an extra £8 for a sea view, but we'll come to that later).

Everything seemed nice enough at first when I arrived, there was one parking space left in their 8 car car park which I grabbed, and on entering the hotel, the staff were very friendly, was immediately given the key to my room and went straight up. The Hotel was nice enough, and the room was very clean and tidy, with a small television with channels 1 to 5 on, and a kettle with tea and coffee making facilities.

I then went to have a shower, which was not exactly a power shower, nor did the temperature go over Luke warm. I was in a bit of a rush and forgot about it, so headed off to the theatre. Arriving back to the room with my girl friend after her show at about midnight, she wanted to have a shower after being on stage for the last few hours. Unfortunately, we couldn't even get the shower to a Luke warm temperature, and to make things worse, the radiators wouldn't come on.

The next morning we had a very nice breakfast and were served by a very nice lady, so no complaints at all with the breakfast, which was also very nice being served between 9 and 9:30am so we could have a bit of a lie in.

We went to reception and brought to their attention the lack of heat from both the radiators and the shower, and were told they would have a look at it for us. We then went about our day, returning back to the hotel late as the night before, and were greeted by no hot water, no heat from the radiators and no clean towels. Also the bed hadn't been made. We mentioned it to the reception the following morning, and were told they turn the heating off around 10pm, but they had put it on for an extra hour for us until 11pm, which was of course no help at all. That day I had turned the heaters on full in the morning and not once during the day did the radiators produce anything more than a vague warmth, which you couldn't benefit from even if you were touching the radiator, the room was cold the whole time.

When checking out on the last morning, we said that we had had no hot water and no heating for the last 3 nights, and were told 'thanks for telling us, we don't know why it would be like that, no one else has complained, and obviously we can't leave the heating on all night'. This angered me, as during the night I was woken by my girlfriend who had got up to get dressed and get back into bed as she was so cold in the room. Who do they think they are when we're paying £74 a night, we expect to have heating, a very basic luxury in a hotel, when ever we want it (and even when we tried to use it during the hours it was on, it wouldn't heat the room up anyway!) So on that note, we left, were not offered a discount or anything, even though we had asked them every day to sort it out.

The cherry on the cake was I had paid an extra £24 for three nights to have a sea view, which was blocked by a huge, monstrous, disgusting, chavvy, pirate themed light board, right on the sea front opposite the window of our room. So our view was made up of that, and the road. Not good. The final nail in the coffin for me, was after we had checked out and left, I received a phone call from the hotel, telling me It was my fault the radiator hadn't been working because it wasn't set on the right setting. It was not on the full setting as on the last night of it not working, I had been messing around with it, hoping that the dial was faulty and the radiator would turn on on a different setting. Not Impressed. So, to bullet point:

Good Points:

* Clean Room
* Nice Breakfast with friendly waitress
* Free Parking

Bad Points:

* No heating
* No hot water
* Had to go and ask for clean towels
* Bed never got made once
* On check out the staff were very rude
* After check out I received a rude phone call telling me it was my fault the heating wasn't working
* Blackpool is a horrible, vile place.

Would never stay here again, nor would I ever EVER go to Blackpool again. Absolutely Vile place, and I doubt any of the hotels were much better than the one we stayed at. Much nicer places to visit on holiday in England. Go to Brighton if you want a decent sea side town, NOT Blackpool.

2 Thank ollyollyolly88
France
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Excellent accommodation with very attentive service. Compared to what one might stay in Blackpool this hotel really wins hands down. The hotel is spotless and cared for and everyone within is a real pleasure to meet and chat to. We really liked the spacious conservatory where we could sit and relax. We wish you much success as your hard work deserves it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Norfolk
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Upon arrival a very warm welcome and a cup of tea and biscuits. Our room was at the front of the hotel overlooking the sea. It was a very good size with everything you could possibly want and it was spotless!! Plenty of cupboard space, tea/coffee making facilities and all in all an extremely comfortable room with tv. Shower room again spotless with clean towels each day. Breakfast was excellent and freshly cooked and a super start to the day. Being at 0900 was not a problem for us as we were able to get up in a relaxing fashion which is one of the things a short break is all about. Indeed as one of the other visitors has stated on this site there was no evening meal, however, I would like to point out that it does state quite clearly on the hotel information that there will NOT be evening meals during the Illuminations period! We were fully aware of this fact after having read the hotel information on the internet. There are plenty of good places to eat nearby so no problem at all. After being out all day and after our meal out, we enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of the hotel bar. Prices were not expensive as you would normally expect in a hotel bar and it was all very enjoyable.

The tram and bus stop is just outside the hotel and a very good service.

If we were ever to go back to Blackpool I would definitely like to stay here again. It may not be the most modern of hotels but I really could not fault it at all. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Forest of Dean
Reviewed October 7, 2009

This was our second time staying at The Ramsay, 1st time was March 2009.
First impression when you walk through the door is how clean, tidy and fresh everything is. You are greeted with a warm welcome a hot drink and shortbread, nice touch after a long travel. We have now stayed in 2 different rooms and both have been spotless clean and very well preseted. Beds are very comfortable. Hairdryer was supplied on request and if anything was required other than what was in the room you only had to ask. Breakfast is excellent, plentifull and freshly cooked, alwways asking if all ok and anything else required. The bar was very reasonably priced and barman very friendly. Bus and tram stop virtually outside the front door but we chose to walk in to town, the Tower is a brisk 20 minute walk away along the Promenade (30 minute stroll). This is an excellent family run hotel hosted by two friendly couples.
We'll definately be bak again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Nice, clean and friendly hotel, just missed some attention to detail.
We had 1 tiny soap to last 2 people three days, when we used it up it didn't get replaced.
The 2nd day the milk in our room wasn't replaced, and they left us to share at a spoon - minor details, but important.
We were inconvenienced by the fact that there was no evening meal, (we were told on arrival) the dining room sat in the dark whilst we had to make alternative arrangements, although dinner is advertised on the website.
Not too cheap either, nice but prob wouldn't go again.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank OctopussyLancashire
Manchester
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Just come back from staying at the ramsay and although cannot fault the cleanliness and very comfortable bar, lounge and conservatory there are a few bad points hence only giving it 3 out of 5.
The breakfast was okay but having it at 9oc was far to late.
Disappointed with the shower as I found it too small and am not a large person, television in room was also too small and although a lovely view from the bay window pity the two chairs were not as comfortable as the ones in the conservatory.
One more point the hotel is quite a distance from the centre of blackpool and if using public transport the trams are a must because the coastliner bus which stops outside the hotel tends to be full to capacity owing to the free travel for the over sixties but must stress am not getting at them as I am also over sixty.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple