“misunderstanding of hotels”

The New Oaklea Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
The New Oaklea Hotel
Ranked #58 of 69 Hotels in Blackpool
liverpool
“misunderstanding of hotels”
Reviewed October 31, 2009

people reading these reviews need to understand the difference between some of the reviews. the brilliant reviews which are well and truly deserved are for the NEW OAKLEA HOTEL, but the bad comments are actually for the OAK LEA HOTEL which is by no means anything to do with this hotel and should not be connected at all. hopefully peolpe who stay at these hotels will know the difference as soon as entering the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank thebestLiverpool

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
lancaster
Reviewed July 2, 2009

my son and myself stayed for two nights when we went to the rebellion festival steve and avril great hosts. the room was very nice food was great i even called in to have a beer with steve a couple of months later when my wife went shopping at tk max. great hotel will book again for this years rebellion. keep up the good work guys an we will see you in august.
ken f.

• Stayed August 2008
1 Thank chopperf
Cumbria UK
Reviewed June 1, 2006

Absolutely Brilliant hotel, reccomended for all including families, groups and individuals, central to everything.

Dont Know what the one bad review was on about, definately NOT "smokelea", maybe the people who wrote that report meant the Oaklea Hotel not The New Oaklea.

Rooms were spottless and clean food was excellent service from Avril Steve and Margeret was second to none. Will definately be visiting Blackpool again just for the stay at this top hotel.

Cannot express in words how welcome my family and i felt during our stay, nothing was a problem to them.

Thanks for a great stay, Highly Reccomended!

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank Deighan O
Reviewed October 30, 2005

DOYLE/AHEARNE FAMILY - 17 IN TOTAL

What can i say but Avril, Ste and Margaret make you feel really welcome. home from home. We have been going to the Oaklea for the past few years and we keep growing in numbers. The accomodation is excellent and the food is fantastic - non of this tv dinners frozen all cooked fresh.
the oaklea is central for all accomodations and shops. Easily found from front promenade. The oaklea is a family run hotel and this shows in their delivery of attentiveness. They are always willing to help. they feel part of our family now as we have known them for a length of time.

Stayed October 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 15, 2005

my family and i stay at the new oaklea hotel often because the service is great. avril,steve and margret do so much for us to make our stay comforable. my wife and i have 3 kids and they cater well for them. the food is amazing, the rooms are very clean and cozy andthe hosts are extremely friendly i would recomend this hotel to anyone .

• Stayed August 2004
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2005

Upon arriving at the Oaklea, first of all I found the parking to be a right pain, the traffic wardens are really strict and prompt in Blackpool, so if you overshoot the parking time for the spaces directly outside the hotel, expect to be punished. When I arrived inside the building I found it very smokey and this was the case in the room as well. As a non smoker I didn’t like this.

I actually wanted to cancel my stay at the hotel straight after handing over the money as my girlfriend fell ill, however the man in charge told me there was no way at all that I could have a refund. I found this not just bad service but extremely annoying.

I found the bathroom not very pleasant, however it was clean. It is also easy to hear other people on floors above you which disrupted me in the morning a bit.

Overall : staff not very helpful, bad parking (not the hotel’s fault though), smokey atmosphere, average to poor room.

• Stayed May 2005
6 Thank JonCasey
Reviewed March 20, 2005

i had my stag weekend in september 2004 with 16 of my mates, i have to tell everyone how welcomed we were made by avril steve and margaret , steve even took us out to the good clubs we really felt relaxed and at home from the moment we arrived until we left. we will certainly be back and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody young or old ,they were great hosts.

• Stayed September 2004