“good hotel spoiled by worst comedian in Blackpool”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cliffs Hotel

The Cliffs Hotel
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Bradford, United Kingdom
“good hotel spoiled by worst comedian in Blackpool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Good points - - - Comfortable room , good food, excellent staff and the entertainment on the friday with comedian Terra Cotta

Bad points - - - The entertainment on Saturday was dismal.a singer accompanied by two dancers who were at times out of sync.This was followed by a so called comedian Ian Craig who was terrible , this was just not my opinion but also of several people near us .Because he wasn,t getting any laughs his manner became sarcastic and somewhat aggressive. his material was dated and bordered on the vulgar.He might be okay at the Viking hotel which is adults only but should not be at the Claremont or Cliifs hotel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank janlee2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
Bury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Good food, very clean room, excellent service and nightly entertainment. .
The only drawback is lack of parking space. In addition to this in my humble opinion this has to be in the top three hotels in Blackpool.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank redken19
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We booked a double sea view B&B+Dinner for a Saturday night, for £98. Check in was very quick & the room was spotless.

Dinner is semi self service, you help yourself to starters & sweets, the main course is served to you. All the staff were excellent as was the food. We had a nice bottle of wine for around £ 15.

Breakfast was self service, again it was all very good.

I don't think we could have found better value anywhere else in Blackpool. We'll be back.

Room Tip: The sea view was very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chewy380
Buckingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were a party of 12 ladies all friends and family, away for the weekend to celebrate my step daughters 18th Birthday.
On arrival, as the organiser I was introduced to the manager, who showed me around the dining room and showed me where our table would be for the weekend. We were given our keys and went up to our rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable and of a decent size. The beds at the Cliffs have to be the most comfortable I have EVER stayed in, total comfort.
We had a fabulous weekend, everyone loved the hotel and all commented on how lovely the food was. Thank you to ALL the staff, for making our stay enjoyable, we will definitely be back again. I don't think I would stay anywhere else now that I've found the Cliffs. X

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kimbab
Widnes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Once again we've had a fantastic 5 day break at the Cliffs.Rooms clean,public rooms excellent and the food superb.Thanks to the staff for looking after us and hope they enjoyed having us. The entertainment was of the usual high standard and comedian Terry Cotter "brill". Bus &tram right outside,and last but not least weather good. thanks CLIFFS.

Room Tip: Sea view if possible
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank MargaretBlackmore
Bo'ness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Along with my son I have an annual trip to Blackpool,Having stayed at various hotels in this lovely resort I have to truthfully say this is the best one we have been in.How it is only a 2 star I just don't understand as the rooms as with the rest of the hotel were spotlessly clean.The food was also first class with a wide choice of dishes but I think best of all were the staff...so enthusiastic..Along with the leisure facilities and entertainment I will definatley return. Just one small thing......Can the bar stock diet Irn Bru!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for it..You won't be disappointed. Bus and Trams handy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dougie S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have stayed here on numerous occasions and have always enjoyed our stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a gym and small swimming pool, and entertainment for the little ones. The food is excellent, we thoroughly enjoyed the steak night. The only downside on our last trip was that our room was above the evening entertainment room and was quite noisy. Also as another reviewer pointed out the comedian on the Saturday night was dreadful, I have never seen this comedian before and I hope I never see him again. However, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a warm, friendly atmosphere in a convenient location. Looking forward to our next stay!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple