“christmas at the cliffs”
Review of The Cliffs Hotel

The Cliffs Hotel
Ranked #22 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Manchester, United Kingdom
“christmas at the cliffs”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

went to cliffs christmas eve for 4 great days and nights
had afab time,could not fault any thing well worth the
money, lovely food,very good entertainmnt,great trip to circus
all paid for,lots of bubbly with are meals,santa was great, kids
loved him,[what a great young lad,runs the kids club very very
well,]kids got lovely presents of santa all presents had their name on
great,santa even visited my granson who was not well,he took his present
to him,great christmas .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

The best part was the swimming pool cold at first but you soon warm up. No staff around for help if you need anything. The gym was very small. The hotel rooms was small but clean. Some staff I find rude, like you wasn't important. The views was nice. Food was nice.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank clare b
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I unfortunately spent Christmas and New Year in hospital ill and for a Young 37 year old with a 12 month old daughter that was an absolute killer. Especially as I missed spending NYE at a Blackpool hotel with all my friends and family! So when I was released I decided just the 3 of us would go up and have our own little celebration.

I ended up on Booking.com and after looking on here decided this place should be worth a punt.

1st of we got a brilliant deal. £60 half board per night for the 3 of us in a sea view room with a double and single bed.

Reception: reception is small, but the staff were very friendly and professional. Checked in quickly and added an extra night.

Hotel: The hotel is almost of an art deco design and was clean and well maintained throughout.

Room: The room was very nice. 32" lcd TV. well decorated. with a well appointed, clean bathroom. The only draw back for me were the 'plastic' sheets on the beds. I know they are a necessity but they made me uncomfortable and I struggled to sleep.

Bars; There are 4 bars throughout the hotel all with good service and all pleasant to be in.

Restaurant; We were very pleased with the quality of the buffet breakfast and service in the restaurant. The evening meal was a very good concept. Help yourself to buffet starters, from salads, soups to cold meats and even a main choice or 2. then when you're ready You can choose between 3 different mains. For dessert it's back to the buffet with an excellent choice of Cakes, hot puds and ice cream. The restaurant was an highlight, especially for the price.

Overall: for a little winter get away I found this place to be ideal. OK we were probably the youngest there by a good 20 year but, the folk there seemed to enjoy our baby's company at least :) Excellent value for money with the only drawback for me being the mattress protector. But I'll bare this place in mind should we decide to be spontaneous again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank webby34
Whitburn Scotland
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Came for husbands 50th (his choice). Last stayed here years ago and what an improvement. Weve enjoyed a really relaxing break. The food was lovely, no complaints. The rooms are basic but clean and the beds extremely comfortable. We decided on an extra night as we were so relaxed. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Ate at the hotel one lunchtime and it was lovely. Try their combo meal for £7.95 which easily did 3 of us who all have healthy appetites. Very fresh and tasty. Will definately come back

Room Tip: We had a sea view room 231. Paid a bit extra. Not sure if it was worth the extra
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Merseyside
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We have just spent 2 lovely nights at the Cliffs. It is a large hotel. The rooms are a good size, brightly decorated and spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. The flat screen TV was a decent size too. On arrival the room was a little chilly. I mentioned this at reception, and in less than 30 mins someone came to put it on for us.
The dining room is large, with several different seating areas. The food is very good indeed and plentiful. At dinner you help yourself to starter and dessert. For the main course you get waiter service. The only slight issue with the food and drink was that breakfast was only warm at best. This was a shame because the food was nice and tasty - just not kept warm enough. Also the coffee at breakfast is not nice really. The entertainment is good, we really enjoyed our evenings, and the bingo befoe the acts. We would certainly stay at the Cliffs again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ferrybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

After wanting a week away, me and my Boyfriend decided to go to Blackpool (not the swankiest of places, I know). After deciding between two hotels, we settled on The Cliffs Hotel. Situated near the North Pier, it was somewhat far from the centre of Blackpool and even further from the Pleasure Beach. For a young couple, this wasn't too bad as the weather was decent all week and we could just have a walk on the beach to get to our destinations or jump on the tram (which conveniently stopped right outside our hotel!!!). The hotel itself was having work done on the inside (painting/redecorating etc.) which kind'a spoilt the atmosphere. The rooms however were spacious, clean and well decorated. One problem I did have was to get to our bathroom, we had to go down a step. There is a sign on the door saying 'Mind the Step' but unfortunately, the door height does not follow this step and the door is somewhat smaller than a normal one. With me and my boyfriend being 6ft and above...well, you can guess. I consequently hit my head on the door frame on one occasion and I hit it that hard, I fell backwards...on to a random stool that was in the room. The food at the hotel was amazing - buffet in the morning and buffet for starter and dessert at night with a variety of meals for the main course. All included in the price. Me and my boyfriend always looked forward to eating as we knew we were going to get our money's worth and be 100% satisfied. You had the choice to pick your table which was yours for the rest of the week, which made the experience more personal. The waiters/waitresses were just as pleasing - very welcoming, pleasant, and down to earth.
As we were in our 20s, we often went out on a night for some drinks instead of staying in the hotel with their entertainment. However, one night we decided to stay and we are so glad we did. We played Bingo to start with, then as there was a disco on for the children, we had a chat, then we watched a singer and a comedian, who was in fact very funny. We also went for a swim every morning and went in the gym on the odd occasion. The pool and gyms were very clean and it was handy to have them within the hotel.
One other thing I was a little unhappy with (but maybe it was because I had just bought a new car) was that the car park was EXTREMELY small and cars had to be packed in around the hotel. I also had to give my keys in to the reception just in case it needed moving to let someone in/out. So if I did need things out of the car, I had to ask for my keys back and ask where my car was.
Overall, I would stay here again without a doubt and I am more than happy to recommend to anyone.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heptathlete1992
Marske By The Sea
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Booked a one night stay at the hotel for my Daughter and I for my Birthday on 4th January on DBB basis. We both really enjoyed our stay and will definately use this hotel again. We had a twin room, although small, it was nicely decorated, lovely and warm and clean and the beds were very comfy. Only suggestion we would have is for a more substantial tea/coffee tray. There was only two teas and two coffees and four of those small milks, the milks were gone in one drink as you need quite abit in to reduce strength of coffee, and a little packet of biscuits would have been nice! Our only other problem was parking, the hotel car park was full and the road beside it so we had to park quite away down the road which was abit of a trek with the bags but the hotel can't really do much about this.
The hotel itself was beautifully decorated, and we thought the dining room was exceptionally nice. the variety of food was brilliant, all hot and well presented and the idea of buffet starters and desserts was great. Best cheesecake we have had! the staff were all very helpful, we were seated quickly and the room was kept very tidy with pots been taken away straight away and orders taken quickly. Again we couldn't fault the breakfast in anyway with plenty of choice, all hot and lovely presented.
We had a great time in the cabaret, and thought the comedian was just great. The pool looked lovely as well, but just didnt have time to use it. Tram stop right outside.
Overall, we thought the hotel was excellent for the price we paid and will most certainly book again the next time we visit Blackpool, it would be lovely to see this beautiful old building restored to its former glory on the outside as well, but for now the owners have certainly made it lovely on the inside!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family