“A real treasure trove of welcoming caring hosts, sparkling surroundings and beautifully presented food.”
Review of Brincliffe Hotel

and 1 more site!
Brincliffe Hotel
Ranked #176 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Hemyock
Reviewed September 4, 2009

We stayed for three nights and were satisfied on every level. Our room was beautifully clean and well thought out, the bed was very comfortable and we both slept soundly. Our en suite shower room was light and air with a wide doorway and a large shiny shower cubicle (you could access the shower from a wheelchair quite easily if necessary). Everything was sparkling clean. What a revelation to experiene a wonderfully peaceful night and be able to sleep without having to put your head under the pillow to avoid "nightlife" noise.

Our individual welcome to breakfast in the morning by our hosts was really appreciated. Their attention to hygiene was excellent and we were even supplied with medicated handwash prior to entering the breakfast room. The food was extremely well prepared, of a very high standard and there was plenty on offer.

We would certainly stay there again when in the area.

The location is within a few minutes of central Blackpool by either tram or bus and right on the Promenade. The lights were spectacular and well worth a journey right along the front.

Our best wishes to our wonderful hosts for a successful season, and many more to come. Thank you for your warm welcome.

Visitors from Devon.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Birmingham
Reviewed August 29, 2009

We came here as disabled travellers for the first time in July 2008 and I did a review, see under Carer 062. We had a great time and decided to revisit for a week this August, and to see if we had been dreaming last year, with the great food and friendly help we received ?.
This year was even better!!!! Breakfast was still help yourself, what ever you wanted, full english items, etc, Dinners served in the evening were TOP RATE, home made pies, local fresh fish, tender lamb, and with all the greens, not just blanched, but cooked to perfection. Keep all your "TV Stir Frys", this is real British food, well cooked and plenty of it. We have put pounds on in weight again -Ha Ha.
The family owners went out of their way with all the guests, the rooms were clean, even new flat screen televisions this time with all the free view channels, great towels, in fact we both cannot think of one item to moan about, and I speak my mind and say what I think, always have.
We have stopped at some number of guest houses over the 40 years together, some bad, some average, but only a few that attract us back, Brincliffe is the tops, home from home. We will come here again, God willing. The hotel is half way between Blackpool which is noisey at night and the good shopping places of Cleveleys and Fleetwood Market. It is perfectly situated to see all the area, the lights and it is on the tram and Blackpool line 1 route, "It Is Heaven".
Thanks Brincliffe for a great stay once again, from a wheelchair user and a disabled carer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I came to the Brincliffe for a weekend with my pal a few weeks ago and we had such a great time, that I booked to bring my 97 year old mother (Mary) last week. We stayed Monday to Friday, which I thought would be long enough for my mother due to her infirmity. However as we were leaving, my mother said she could have stayed for another week as she had enjoyed it so much.
We were both given a ground floor en-suite room and stayed for Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal. The whole hotel was immaculately clean and very well furnished.
My mother took up residence in a very comfy armchair close to the window in the lounge and would have stayed there all day watching the world go by if I hadn't taken her out for a bracing walk on the promenade-just a minute to cross the road and the tram lines and you are 'by the seaside'.
The breakfast always set us up for the day, with fruit juice, choice of cereals and a hot buffet breakfast, beautifully cooked and as much as you could eat, toast and tea or coffee.
We were asked after breakfast what our choice was for the 3 course evening meal which had three choices of starters and desserts and if the main course offered was not to your liking then an alternative was arranged. The hotel is licenced so you could have a glass (or bottle) of wine with your meal. We had a great selection of food each day and I went home a few pounds heavier, but eh! what the heck.
My mother rested practically the whole day after we came home, she had such a good time and felt that she had made some new friends and would like to come back again-which is praise indeed! A couple of glasses of Tia Maria in the bar lounge of an evening may have helped her also and I know she enjoyed the chats with you all.
I shall definitely be returning, probably the last weekend of the 'lights' to make a start on my Christmas shopping. The bus and tram stops are just outside the hotel and you can use your bus pass on the buses.
So here is another thank you to Sue, George, Elaine and John for making my elderly mum very happy and making my job of looking after her a lot easier.
We are both looking forward to seeing you all soon.

• Stayed July 2009
2 Thank MargaretHuddersfield
Wirral
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We booked this b&b in advance & they did not ask for any deposit to be left nor did they ask for our phone number. We arrived after a 2 hour journey (after we'd been at work all day) to find they had sold our room to somebody else who had wanted a room at last minute. We chose to stay there because they take dogs & we wanted to take our dog away with us for the weekend. Therefore the weekend was ruined & we had to go home as it was too late to try to find somewhere else to stay that would take a dog. The owner did not apologise or show any remorse her attitude was disgraceful towards us & basically implied it was not her problem.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Minnierhyno
phantom8blackpool, Owner at Brincliffe Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2009
This reviewer did not book directly with us. It was her parents who arranged the booking. The parents were already in Blackpool & staying at another hotel 400 yards away. They were offered to come and view the accommodation and to pay a deposit. This was declined. There was no mention of the couple arriving late. The couple arrived eventually at 9pm, pulled up onto the driveway, sat for 10 minutes, then drove off!!! The couple returned 20 minutes later. I explained that the room had been given to another customer as they had not contacted to say they would be late. I offered another room, and the attitude from the couple was extremely unpleasant & they refused the room and left.
I do not feel I have the need to apologise as I gave the couple an alternative room for the weekend and quite frankly I feel the attitude from the young girl was totally out of order and if anyone was rude, it was her.
I suggest she makes her own arrangements on booking hotels in future, rather than leaving her parents to sort her accommodation needs out.
Wales
Reviewed April 16, 2009

If you are looking for a "home from home" trip away, and a cost effective hotel, then this is it! Superb breakfast, as MUCH as you can eat, fantastic staff and very pleasant customer service. Evening meals are optional, but we all found ourselves well and truly full! We have probably put on some weight :-)
Highly recommend the Brincliffe and even just watching the world go by in the lounge / bar, it has a fantastic view of the sea. We have planned to come up in October, where the "Blackpool Illuminations" will be on. We simply cannot wait!
Rate this hotel 10 / 10 with absolutely no hesitation.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank WalesBlackCat
Glasgow
Reviewed November 21, 2008

My friend and I stayed at the Brincliffe from 14-17 Nov and I have to say that we were more than impressed.

Both Sue and Elaine made us feel completely at home from the moment we arrived til the moment we left. Our room (no. 2) was immaculate, had a great sea view (out of a large bay window) and a great size for two people who frankly, aren’t the tidiest in the world(!) Everything was fresh and clean and extremely comfortable. There’s a set of bedside drawers and single door wardrobes at each side of the double bed, so there’s more than enough space for storage. There’s an LCD television in the room (with freeview) and fresh towels available whenever you require. One of my biggest concerns when I stay in hotels or B+B’s is the state of the bathroom, and I can honestly say if you’re staying at the Brincliffe this needn’t be a concern, because again, it was spotless and nice and bright. Breakfast was also great and hit the spot each morning! Although we never travelled into the town (we were attending an event at a hotel nearby) I have no doubt transport to and from would be easy, with both a tram stop and bus stop right outside the Brincliffe.

Just for info… we travelled from Glasgow by train, and were only £5 in a taxi between Blackpool North station and the Brincliffe (which we felt was also really reasonable).

I can’t recommend the hotel enough… and would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone. I’m hoping to be back in Blackpool next September and fully intend on staying at the Brincliffe.

• Liked — Everything!!
  • Disliked — That we weren't staying for longer....!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank ZenKiddo
Hartlepool
Reviewed November 13, 2008

This is our first time back to Blackpool for a few years now. Our last stay was overshadowed by the poor standard of accommodation. So we were slightly apprehensive about coming back, especially as the previous hotel was a few doors away from the Brincliffe.

But wow!, what a difference. From stepping through the doors we were met with kindness, friendliness and hospitality. We arrived quite late on Friday evening and were offered sandwiches. It’s certainly true what they say. First impressions count! Then the rest just got better.

Our room (16) was nice. Extremely clean and comfortable. Flat screen TV with freeview. It’s up a few flights of stairs but was no problem for us youngsters!! But credit to the staff, this was discussed on booking, and asked if this was ok.

We only had the breakfasts but were well impressed. Buffet style self service. Oh, and eat as much as you can. My kind of breakfast! We experienced the aromas around tea time, as we were heading for the door. We left mouth watering. When we come back next year I know where we will be having our evening meals.

I can’t emphasise enough how clean and presentable the hotel is. From walking through the doors you instantly know that you have entered a well run and looked after establishment. The staff were fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble. On the evening they took time out to sit with the guests in the bar area which was a nice touch. Whilst chatting to Sue over a few pints you could tell how much time and effort they have put in during the couple of years they have been there. And it certainly shows.

So, all in all it was a wonderful stay. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and pleasant. Oh, and the weather was crap! But knowing that we were coming back to a nice hotel sure made up for it.

So thanks Sue and co for a wonderful weekend. I have stored your address in my sat nav for next year. Looking forward to it already.

On a final note. My fiancée commented when we arrived back home about how friendly they were and made you feel part of the family. This made her feel that she should be ringing them to let them know that we arrived back safely. As you would do with your family. Can’t say that’s happened before after any other stay. That’s sure a true reflection and credit to wonderful hosts. Thanks again. Will be seeing you.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank borojohn