“Lovely couple of nights”
Review of Canasta Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Canasta Hotel
Ranked #288 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Glasgow
“Lovely couple of nights”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Husband, myself and 2 daughters stayed for 2 nights midweek. Very clean and helpful friendly people. Our room was perfect.

Getting a wee coffee when we arrived was very welcome as we'd unfortunately been stuck in traffic and the journey was longer than expected. So that was really nice. Free tea/coffee till 10:00pm.

Breakfast was outstanding and again staff very nice. We've stayed at bigger hotels in the past whose breakfast wasn't as good as this.

For the price, spot on, nice quiet location but handy enough to walk or get the tram.

We'd been before and will be back next time we go to Blackpool. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mashed
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thanks very much Mashed!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Pleasant stay, very obliging. Good breakfast. would definitely stay again and you can have endless tea/ coffee, free parking which is a double bonus. Looking forward to our next visit to blackpool. Hotel owners very nice too .

• Stayed July 2012
Thanks very much Miss Vivvy
stoke on trent
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Loking for a hotel in a good location check this one out!! very clean well presented ,we had a sea view room although a little small it was comfortable and clean,the hosts make you very welcome offering tea and coffee all day,and a well presented breakfast.Thanks Doug,Mandy,Daniel and the waitresses.

Room Tip: Room was a little small but had the advantage of the sea view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeweybabe
Thanks very much jeweybabe
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed here with my wedding party and all I can say is a massive thankyou. One of the wettest weekends of this year and Doug & Mandy couldnt do enough for us, even had the sewing machine out at one point. They accomodated all of us and our motorbikes without bother :-) Tea and Coffee a plenty on request at no charge. No complaints from anyone - breakfast set us all up for the day. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a decent hotel in Blackpool, where the owners will bend over backwards for you. Kadie & Dave

1 Thank kadie s
The pleasure was ours Kadie

It was the highlight of our year when 150 bikers came to meet you in a procession down to Festival House - wasn't it amazing how the torrential downpour seemed to stop the minute you stepped outside. Awesome!

We're so pleased everything went well.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I am writing this review again as the last one appears to have gone AWOL.

LOCATION
5 minutes walk to the tower and town centre, on the sea front. Although the hotel is on the Seafront, it was not noisy which was a positive and a good nights sleep was had by all.

ACCOMMODATION
The accommodation was of good quality and felt homely. The hotel was bigger than the average bed and breakfasts . Room 9 was well presented and imaculate. The Bedding and beds were of good quality, the bathroom was compact , but served the purpose.

My friend and I visited Blackpool on the 22nd until the 24th June for a family party. I searched the wed, having been disappointed and disgusted with some of the previous places I had stayed over the years. We decided to book the Canasta as it appeared to tick all our boxes and we were not disappointed We arrived on Friday weather was awful , as soon as we stepped in to the hotel we were offered tea and coffee. We were very pleased with the accommodation (believe me we are hard to please). On the Friday evening there was a karaoke that was hosted by the owners who turned out to be great chanters (singers). Breakfast was fab and nothing was to much trouble for the staff. ( tea and coffee is on offer all day and is free of charge) We would like to thank Doug, Mandy, their son and all the staff who made our stay enjoyable and relaxing and restoring our faith in quality accommodation and hospitality.
Kate and Angela

Room Tip: Room 9 quite a large room ,lovely sea view, don't be put off by the room being on the seafront...
2 Thank Kate9162
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thanks very much Kate9162. We're pleased you enjoyed us so much and that you persevered to leave that review!
Nelson
Reviewed June 25, 2012

we stayed here the weekend of 23/24th June we would stay here again,the owners and the staff were very pleasant,the room we had was a std double small but clean comfy and adequate for our two night stay.
The breakfast was superb,you were also supplied with free tea and coffee on demand throughout the stay proper cups and teapots etc (not out of a machine with plastic cups) the staff were very helpful phoning taxis for us and they put a very good karoake on at night if the demand was there nothing seemed to much trouble for them, the bar area and dining room was nice and there was lovely views of the sea from the bar.

Room Tip: if you are a large person the std double would be a tight squeeze especially in the on suites, I am...
2 Thank Heather C
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thanks Reggaechic - we're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
I'll let the team know
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Me and my partner stayed at the Canasta for a two night break, initial impressions were good we were met by the owner and shown to our room, although on the small side it was clean and comfy, breakfast was also nice. On the second day we had a maid come to our room and ask us if we needed any more supplies or the room cleaning. We politely told her that neither would be necessary. After a night out we arrived back to our room and were gobsmacked to find all the furniture in our room had been replaced ! A chest of drawers had been dumped on top of a new pair of shoes bending them, our clothes had been moved around it was a complete invasion of our privacy. My partner went to speak to the owner, explaining that we had requested no one to disturb our room, who was very rude and just kept repeating "I dont understand your attitude". We just wanted an apology, needless to say we skipped breakfast the next morning and left early. A disapointing end to what could have been a very nice hotel experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kat F
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Hi Kat,

I remember this, in October last year, when we purchased quite a lot of furniture to replace the existing stuff which we considered worn.

I remember how upset you were and thought, to be quite honest, at the time, you were going over the top a bit. All we had done was replace the wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets for some nice new pine stuff.

We'd ordered quite a bit of furniture and because of fire regulations we couldnt store them in corridors - at our busiest time of year we simply had to get them in the rooms and get the old stuff out. Our supplier couldnt commit to a delivery date so I couldnt inform you. He just rang me up and said he'd be delivering in half an hour. "Oh right..OK...lets do it!" was my reply.

However, you were most upset, to the point you were very nearly crying and I couldnt quite understand why.

BUT...I don't like upsetting folk. So I'm sorry. I apologise, unreservedly. I regret asking my chambermaids to move your clothes into the new drawers and wardrobes. Sincerely.

On a more positive note thanks for mentioning that you found us clean and comfortable and the one breakfast you did have was nice.We're also pleased you found the location and value good.
When some folk are upset at certain aspects they tend to go over the top with marking us down on other points also so thanks for your honesty.

I hope you consider us for your next trip to Blackpool though I understand that's probably going to be unlikely.