“Superb!”
Review of Big Blue Hotel

Big Blue Hotel
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Over night stay for the illuminations superb hotel our suite was absolutley amazing with our very own balcony. Everything you needed to hand al le carte dinner and breakfast was excellent and staff fab! Nothing to much trouble your customer service and hospitality spot on! Well done big blue will be seeing you again!

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for Big Blue Hotel

Reviewed October 13, 2013

First visit to Blackpool for many years, totally satisfied with Big Blue Hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfasts, restaurant a little pricey but good quality food. Only downside only one lift working for the 4 days we were there, felt it could have been attended to more hastily. Will return and recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend in a family room. The room was fantastic with a view of the Pleasure Beach. Staff were really helpful and the food was beautiful. Only down side we could find was of a morning, breakfast was very busy and had to wait 10 minutes for a table. I would defiantly recommend this Hotel and will be returning !

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff. We stayed in deluxe family room which was ideal as the kids had their own bed area with tv and playstation 3. Room overlooked pleasure beach and was very quiet at night so we all got a good nights sleep. Already looking forward to our next stay there.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Love this hotel, I read so many reviews before I left as I was taking my 2 children and very fussy mum I had to make sure it was the right place to go. It was everything and more, the staff were so so helpful and my children were so welcome. We went down for dinner at night and they were amazing with them and we did not feel out of place. The food is lovely, I changed the menu around with ease to what I wanted.
Every night they gave me free warm milk for my children to go to bed with helping me make It home from home to get them to sleep. The breakfast was great, I know people complain about the toaster but a bit of common sense tells u they are easy to use.
We went to the pleasure and nickelodeon land which when u buy the wrist bands is great value and the kids loved it. My son is a crazy ninja turtle fan and they told us what t prime they were coming out and took great photos to buy, but also don't mind u taking your own. My daughter saw dora and went through dora land about 3 times, including once with dora which she found amazing!
The place has been brilliant, alot of people I told I was going to blackpool were unsure and said it wasn't what i t used to be, but I thought it was better, amazingly clean and i Always felt safe no matter were I went with the kids.
Also the water park is amazing!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Had the most wonderful stay here, reception staff were friendly and very helpful. We stayed in the deluxe family room which my 12 year old son was very impressed with. We booked our Pleasure beach tickets on-line and the email said to pickup from the casino, reception staff at The Big Blue asked us at check in if we had our tickets and explained we could get them in the morning if we brought the ref no they could give us our wristbands and enter the park through the VIP gate next to the hotel (great service). We booked dinner the second night of our stay which was excellent. All in all a wonderful hotel with very pleasant and friendly staff from reception to the cleaners and all the waiting staff a breath of fresh air. In the best location for the pleasure beach and a touch of class to return to. Would recommend and return to.

Room Tip: Deluxe family rooms overlook theme park which kids love, but still peaceful to get a good nights sle...
1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed in a hotel in Blackpool and have been blown away. The hotel is clean and well maintained, the food is slightly over priced but the breakfast is wonderful. All the staff are friendly and obviously very well trained. I would definitely return and would recommend it to everyone. Having stayed in Blackpool several times as my husband has family there, my previous experience of hotels and BB's has been disappointing to say the least. However the Big Blue is a credit to Blackpool

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business