“Fantastic hotel”
Review of Big Blue Hotel

Big Blue Hotel
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff. We stayed in deluxe family room which was ideal as the kids had their own bed area with tv and playstation 3. Room overlooked pleasure beach and was very quiet at night so we all got a good nights sleep. Already looking forward to our next stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,268)

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Love this hotel, I read so many reviews before I left as I was taking my 2 children and very fussy mum I had to make sure it was the right place to go. It was everything and more, the staff were so so helpful and my children were so welcome. We went down for dinner at night and they were amazing with them and we did not feel out of place. The food is lovely, I changed the menu around with ease to what I wanted.
Every night they gave me free warm milk for my children to go to bed with helping me make It home from home to get them to sleep. The breakfast was great, I know people complain about the toaster but a bit of common sense tells u they are easy to use.
We went to the pleasure and nickelodeon land which when u buy the wrist bands is great value and the kids loved it. My son is a crazy ninja turtle fan and they told us what t prime they were coming out and took great photos to buy, but also don't mind u taking your own. My daughter saw dora and went through dora land about 3 times, including once with dora which she found amazing!
The place has been brilliant, alot of people I told I was going to blackpool were unsure and said it wasn't what i t used to be, but I thought it was better, amazingly clean and i Always felt safe no matter were I went with the kids.
Also the water park is amazing!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Had the most wonderful stay here, reception staff were friendly and very helpful. We stayed in the deluxe family room which my 12 year old son was very impressed with. We booked our Pleasure beach tickets on-line and the email said to pickup from the casino, reception staff at The Big Blue asked us at check in if we had our tickets and explained we could get them in the morning if we brought the ref no they could give us our wristbands and enter the park through the VIP gate next to the hotel (great service). We booked dinner the second night of our stay which was excellent. All in all a wonderful hotel with very pleasant and friendly staff from reception to the cleaners and all the waiting staff a breath of fresh air. In the best location for the pleasure beach and a touch of class to return to. Would recommend and return to.

Room Tip: Deluxe family rooms overlook theme park which kids love, but still peaceful to get a good nights sle...
1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed in a hotel in Blackpool and have been blown away. The hotel is clean and well maintained, the food is slightly over priced but the breakfast is wonderful. All the staff are friendly and obviously very well trained. I would definitely return and would recommend it to everyone. Having stayed in Blackpool several times as my husband has family there, my previous experience of hotels and BB's has been disappointing to say the least. However the Big Blue is a credit to Blackpool

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here many times can't really complain one bit rooms clean good value for money food fab slightly over priced for food maybe and drink but other than that can't fault it we've stayed in all rooms . Family with the kids they'r great with little bunk beds also honeymoon suit lovely and double room great so all round good

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed here for two nights in late September. It was a last minute choice as the hotel we had originally booked was being ripped apart by reviewers on this site and we could not bring ourselves to go there.
On booking in we were made to feel very welcome and the room, along with the rest of the hotel, was very clean and modern.
My fiancee was particularly impressed with the restaurant and its staff. She is coeliac and when we told the waitress she immediately informed us of all the gluten free options on the menu. There was an impressive range of gluten free food available both for dinner and for breakfast.
The room was very comfortable and it made a pleasant change to find plenty of milk with the tea and coffee makings. The hotel is well placed on the seafront right next to the pleasure beach, if that's your thing, and very handy for the tram network.
We couldn't fault the hotel at all and as a result we had a very enjoyable couple of days. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear overlook the pleasure beach.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely fantastic. Visited the hotel for two nights with my family and couldn't find any faults. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The bed, well it's huge could fit all the family in. We had a travel cot in our room and still had plenty of room to move about.
Breakfast was excellent fast service and plenty of choice to choose from

We celebrated my mums birthday while we were there and two of the waiters brought out a cake and sang to her. They didn't have to do this but they did and it made the end of a perfect evening even more special so thank you to them. The food in the restaurant was really good.

Overall excellent hotel would stay there over and and over again. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2013