“the best place to stay”

Myrtle House Hotel
Ranked #804 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“the best place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2003

six years ago we booked a certain B+B in blackpool for two nights for 4 people. we arrived to be very disappointed and made our excuses and left. in need of a couple of rooms for the nite we found a family run guest house by the name of the myrtle house hotel. we had our two nights in a clean, warm, relaxing and friendly hotel. having stayed in many hotels i found this had the perfect balance its position in blackpool is perfect its not to large the rooms were spotless and the owners are only to happy to help. the food is great and nothing is 2 much trouble! I can speak from experience i have been back there 5 times (and stayed in 4 different rooms all fitted out and equiped with everything u need ) including recently with my 3 yr old and he had a great time to. the cost of a nite or 2 is very cheap give it a try u wont be disappointed .

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2003

i am writing this letter on behalf of my wife and myself peter owner of the hotel 14 yrs with great sadness the person who complained never brought this to are attention we had managers running are hotel last year in witch they no longer are with us now but mywife and i do not run a late bar we only stop open till 12 oclock as we have a lot of familys in the hotel and so i dont think 12 oclock is a late bar i have recentley been informed that the bar used to be open till late with the previous managers i can only say how sorry i am to the london couple as we have never ever had late bars in all the 14 years and it will definitely not happen again

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2003

i would like you to tell averone i had the most fantastick time with my wife and children and slept like a top every night the land lady and land lord were second two none very helpfull we will be back

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2003

I cannot believe that reviews from others who have rated this Hotel, find it so bad. I stayed here recently and found the service excellent. The bedrooms were imacculatly well kept. I was only staying on a B&B basis but found the breakfast again to be excellent, with nothing too much trouble. Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and found it good value for money. I will definately recommend this hotel and have already booked another trip for the illumination period.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2003

Had not been to Blackpool for years and decided to have a long weekend break. After searching on the web for a hotel my partner and myself decided on the Myrtle House Hotel Albert Road. On arrival the Land Lady Pauline, a pleasant and very helpful woman, greeted us. After showing us to our room, which I might add, was warm, comfortable and most importantly clean Pauline advised us on parking facilities for our car. Not wanting to be tied to specific evening meal times we had chosen to book B&B only and would eat out, again Pauline was extremely helpful in recommending several good restaurants. I have to say the Myrtle House proved to be a very good choice we had an extremely enjoyable and relaxing break mostly due to Pauline and her friendly staff. Look out Pauline we will be back and have recommended you to many of our friends.

5 Thank GillandSarah
Kent
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2002

Not the place to stay if you want a good night sleep. The bar in the Hotel is open untill the early hours, and people using it were load and rowdy.

• Stayed October 2002