“Blackpools own 'Bloody Tower'!”

The Blackpool Tower Dungeon
The Blackpool Tower Circus Admission Ticket
Ranked #1 of 48 Fun & Games in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Journey into the belly of the theatrical Blackpool Tower for the trip of a lifetime; a full cast of brilliant actors, ten shows backed with laughs and frights as well as a whole host of authentic sets, amazing special effects and an exciting drop ride make The Blackpool Tower Dungeon the best attraction for those who like a mix of fun and fear.Take a trip through 1,000 years of Lancashire’s gruesome and funny history and experience the dark and mysterious past of the pool that is black.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 6, 2013

As the hands of the clock crept slowly towards 12 (noon!) on a chilly Halloween morning I decided there was no better place to take my younger brother and elderly mother than The Blackpool Tower Dungeons! And what a scream we had; Quite literally! We were met outside by their fiendishly friendly team and given a taste of things to come. . .
The diabolical Black Jester ushered us all into the lifts and our nightmare journey began! The history of 'The Pool That is Black' was interesting and informative, the sounds and smells were authentically stomach churning and the atmosphere was suitably creepy and bizarre.
My party were all extremely impressed by the standard of the young actors, most notable was the suitably malevolent Torturer who scared the life out of us yet still managed to get us all howling with laughter, The judge who accused us of all sorts of heinous crimes - I promise it wasn't me she saw dancing naked! and The Smuggler with his cheeky line in double entendre!!
The tour lasted for 70 minutes, so proved to be excellent value for money and I had such a 'bloody' good time I even braved Drop Dead. . . the drop ride to . . . err. . . Death!!
Such an outstanding time was had by all we even spent at the gift shop! Which really is against my principles as I am a lifelong resident of Blackpool.
Finally I would just like to give the whole cast of Dungeon actors a 'virtual' round of applause, such a shame we couldn't reward them for their wonderfully wicked effort at the time!!

2  Thank Devorah H
There are newer reviews for The Blackpool Tower Dungeon

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Took my 11 year old daughter here, scary from start to finish, good staff dressed up telling stories and get the public involved in their act. Definitely something different and worthwhile, prob wouldn't take any kids under 10 though as its dark, some special effects and a bit scary for them, try get a voucher or go using the Resort Pass and save on the full price which is too steep.

1  Thank Darrenkusz
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Was in Blackpool for a half term break with my 11 year old son. Had bought the Big Ticket which includes quite a few attractions. Only had to queue for about 20 mins, got there for opening at 10am. There were people dressed up to entertain you whilst queuing and they were funny. I have been to the London Dungeons and this is similar but based on Lancashire history but I did think it was better! Drop ride at end of tour which was fun. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

A good fun attraction with great cast who were enthusiastic and in role the whole time. We were fortunate to be in a group that really got into the mood when chosen to take part in some fiendish scenario or plot. Would recommend.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Extremely entertaining from start to finish.

A look back over 100s of years of history.

Gives you a real feel of the setting with sounds and smells of the time period you are experiencing. The actors are amazing and really set a scary scene.

I thought it was expensive at 1st but once inside I found it to be great value for money.