“Enjoyed it”

The Blackpool Tower Dungeon Admission Ticket
Ranked #1 of 47 Fun & Games in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Journey into the belly of the theatrical Blackpool Tower for the trip of a lifetime; a full cast of brilliant actors, ten shows backed with laughs and frights as well as a whole host of authentic sets, amazing special effects and an exciting drop ride make The Blackpool Tower Dungeon the best attraction for those who like a mix of fun and fear.Take a trip through 1,000 years of Lancashire’s gruesome and funny history and experience the dark and mysterious past of the pool that is black.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect, got the tickets from the tourist info booth at £8 each rather than the on the door price of £16. Good acting, good content and interaction and a nice little surprise in the ride at the end. Worth the visit, but don't pay full price.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,000)

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

An interesting hour or so in the dark with a brilliant ending! The actors are very good but I don't enjoy the audience participation, walking around wondering if your going to be targeted next I didn't enjoy. Overall I'm glad I went and would probably try the others scattered around the country so they must be doing something right! A little expensive in my opinion for the amount of entertainment you get, great if you can find a buy one get one free offer!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I wasn't expecting a lot from the dungeons but we truly enjoyed it. The bit at the start is rubbish but dont let that put you off...it gets better. The drop ride at the end is worth going for alone!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

very well laid out and acted!
would of been a bit too scary for my 6 and 9 year old though.
costumes and set all excellent
lots of darkness, and not suitable if you have a fear of enclosed spaces.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I won't put too much here because I don't want to spoil surprises.

This was the best hour I spent in Blackpool and whilst the entry price might seem high there are usually vouchers and deals available (or you can get a Merlin membership from £10 a month which gives you unlimited entry to all of the Merlin attractions).

The actors here are great and keep you entertained all the way though, also the effects of the place keep you on your toes (nearly jumped out of my skin a few times). I gave my wife up to the torturer on account of her being from Yorkshire although sadly he did release her from her cage :-s

The highlight is the Dead Drop ride at the end, nothing special but by the time you get here you are already on edge and it makes a nice finishing touch.

Outside of the Pleasure Beach I would say this is the best attraction in Blackpool.