“Horrible history and a great giggle!”

The Blackpool Tower Dungeon
Ranked #1 of 45 Fun & Games in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Journey into the belly of the theatrical Blackpool Tower for the trip of a lifetime; a full cast of brilliant actors, ten shows backed with laughs and frights as well as a whole host of authentic sets, amazing special effects and an exciting drop ride make The Blackpool Tower Dungeon the best attraction for those who like a mix of fun and fear.Take a trip through 1,000 years of Lancashire’s gruesome and funny history and experience the dark and mysterious past of the pool that is black.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Horrible history and a great giggle!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The moment you embark on your historic tour, you're treated to a great show, with witty actors telling horrifying stories as you journey through a tale that is loosely based on the area. Good fun for all ages!

• Polish first
Hull
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Scariest ever!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

You really must visit this place. It is so well put together and thought out. Very scary especially for the young and indeed not so young.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusted - an hour of my life I'll never get back!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited the Blackpool tower dungeon on the back of some excellent reviews. To say that I was less than impressed is an understatement. Having recently experienced the fabulous farmageddon, a temporary annual attraction; I was expecting a lot for my 15 quid. And what an absolute waste of money it was. It reminded me of some terrible school outings I was forced to endure many moons ago, except it was far less informative. The actors were decidedly amateurish. The forced audience participation; embarrassing. It wasn't remotely scary and frankly bored me and the rest of my party throughout. I am at a loss to understand how it has received so many positive reviews. If you must go then please don't pay full price as I did. It isn't worth even half that. The only slightly positive aspect of the attraction is the ride at the end; a mini version of the pleasure beach playstation. Other than that I feel well and truly robbed - I wouldn't have paid 15p much less 15 quid had I known how bad it would be.

1 Thank smartypants_81
Bridgnorth
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“The cost was the most frightening part”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Long winded monologues spoken very quickly and not terribly interesting. A few good scares which I won't spoil by telling you what they were but not enough to justify the price. Ok for a rainy day activity. Not suitable for very young children in my opinion although they do allow them in. Parental discretion is advised. A family had to take out their two year old as she was frightened. I didn't find it scary, too much shuffling from room to room in a group but the rooms were well dressed and presented.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank BridgnorthWinterfish
Darwen, England, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“SPOOKY DUNGEON!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although it's 'Disabled Friendly & Wheelchair Accessible', for Health & Safety Reasons, there is Only One Wheelchair allowed in at a time! We had to wait for an Hour before it was our turn to enter the Dungeon!
Luckily it was a lovely day, so we looked around at 'The Comedy Carpet'!

Visited October 2012