“Not fit for family's I'm afraid pay the extra and enjoy your break”
Review of Vance Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vance Lodge
Ranked #68 of 133 Specialty Lodging in Blackpool
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Arranged to stay here for a week in August with my family 8 of us in total , the in laws and there two children were in one room with my daughter so that was 5 in total in one room and my wife and I stayed in a double room with our two year old son. The rooms were very small and dated for the amount of beds and there was only one hand and face towel in each room and when asked about more was given the reply that you have to bring your own (strange) I had to empty the room bin daily into the public bin 100 yards down the road , I didnt expect much but a clean towel and a new bin bag daily isn't much to ask for , I don't think ,, there was a constant smell of sewage from our room, wasn't to bad but noticeable when you entered the room , had no hot running water , has to buy our own toilet roll , our bed was two mattresses put together it wasnt even fit for a skip, the hot drinks machine is no good and there is one hair dryer and iron for the full place , there was always no room at the reception so I had to lift the kids buggy up and down narrow stairs , as I said before I wasn't expecting much but even the basics weren't met , toilet roll , bin bags , towels , so I would not recommend it to anyone I'd say pay extra and enjoy your break , we arrived there on the Saturday and left on the Wednesday morning totally ruined our break and won't be back ,

2  Thank Skoot25980
Robert P, Owner at Vance Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

This family booked for a week's stay, and then told us they had to return home early. This ridiculous review states that there was a smell of sewage ! ! this is plainly nonsense... furthermore we always supply towels and toilet rolls, and tell all our customers to ask at reception when they require replacements. We were under the impression that these unreasonable people expected a partial refund because they had to leave early, and we quite rightly did not offer this, as it was not our fault. To leave such a totally untrue review by way of vengeance is most unfair, and they would not be welcome if they tried to re book in the future.....

There are newer reviews for Vance Lodge

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is my 3rd time that i have stayed at Vance Lodge, once again a hassle free experience. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the hosts are really friendly and go out of there way to help you.Good value for money and all attractions near by. In fact I have already booked my stay for next year. Thanks very much see you next year x

Reviewed August 17, 2012

If carlsberg did hotel owners rob would get the vote ! , he made our visit in august 2012 very relaxing and enjoyable ,hassle free and very good value for money ,he could.not do enough for you! and let us in the room as soon as we arrived after our long journey from lowestoft,suffolk .
The rooms are clean ,well equipped and served us well in our 3 day stay ,he's got great knowledge of the area and some good money saving ideas ,it is what it is ,great location ,great room only facilities ,great host and great value for money ,we would recommend to any family and our kids are,at the demanding ages of 13 and 10
Sean and Paula Trail
Lowestoft
Suffolk

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night for little ones 1st Birthday. Sunday 12th August 12. Hotel really handy for shops, and nightlife. Nice and clean. Rob was so friendly and we had a great deal on price.
Will certainly be back. Thanks very much Rob.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

A lovely place to stay in Blackpool if traveling with children. 2 minute walk to the coach station. 5 minute walk to the beach. All of blackpools major attractions within walking distance. Blackpool zoo a 15 minute bus ride away. Rob and jackie are very friendly and helpful. Information leaflets and vouchers at the front desk giving free child admission to all the attractions. Will be booking up again here next time we come to Blackpool

1  Thank Vampireprincess
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

when I came back and stayed here last week I was greeted by Rob And Jackie lovely people and love the rooms we loved the fan as it was the summer and its warm. Theres a machine that gives cadburys hot chocolate and other hot drinks out for only 20p loved this before bed excellant chippy just at the top of the street called Dales Diner. Amazing place to stay. Will be back again.

1  Thank Harleylover00
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just back from a mon-frid visit,great place to go as near everything including co-op,coral island and main shopping streets,if you need to go further bus stop at top of road(get bus and tram passes in co-op priced at £3.50 adult and £2 child and go on and off all day long!also chip shop at top of road sells real chips!.Robert and Jackie are lovely people who just want you to enjoy your holiday.Very clean and comfortable beds/rooms with fans to cool you on a hot day,we had a great holiday and will be back to vance lodge.

Room Tip: maybe ask if you can have a room bigger than the ensuite double!it wont cost that much more.
1  Thank JILL Y