“Food excellent value & good quality”
Review of Constantine's - CLOSED

Constantine's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Celebrated my daughters 18th in Constantines last night there was 16 in our party & we were given a room to ourselves which was lovely & we had chosen the set menu & pre ordered the food beforehand. The staff gave us a warm welcome & our 1st round of drinks was served promptly & so was our starters . Our main courses were all greeted with the same enthusiam & all food was excellent. It was no trouble to the staff to bring in a birthday cake I'd provided & to then cut it up & serve it to us. Everyone in the party agreed that all the food was excellent & very good value for money.
Our only negative experience was that when our main courses were being served I asked the waiter if it was possible for us to order our complimentary drinks, he said it was & came & took our orders, however when we came to pay we realised that the round of drinks we thought was complimentary wasn't necessarily the case. It was the cheapest drink that you had, that was free ie if you'd had a soft drink first & then had a glass of wine it was the soft drink that was free. We were told that this was stated on the menu but it wasn't stated anywhere on ours. I feel that this should have been made clear to us when we were ordering our drinks. It was a shame that this misunderstanding happend because it did put a slight dampner on what otherwise had been a really lovely evening. I would still recommend it & go back again

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Called in very recently for a meal and once again were not disappointed. Always had a good meal at Constantine's. The starters were delicious, pate for my husband and prawn tian for me, We both had fillet steaks which were to die for. My husband had Fillet Rossini and I had Fillet steak with Steak Diane sauce. Robin can certainly cooks steaks to perfection. This was washed down with a very nice bottle of red which was recommended by Danny. Too full for a dessert which was a shame but cannot wait to visit again. Have eaten in many places around the Fylde which have charged far more but the food has quite often been a let down. Always look forward to coming here because the food is excellent and very good value. Thank you Robin, Wendy and Danny.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My partner and I come here alot for anniversaries/date nights etc and its fantastic everytime. Could not doubt it since it was taken over by new management. Great prices and lovely atmosphere. Will be going back soon :-)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

There was 2 of us & we went for the first time. First of all we were advised by the waiter would we like an appetiser as the meal may take a while as its being cooked from fresh. Shouldn't it always be cooked from fresh??? So we ordered a portion of melon between the two of us. When our main courses arrived the food was nice except I found a few bits of gristle & bone in my chicken. After our desserts we ordered coffees. They came & they were undeniable, tasted like an old smelly dishcloth. So we sent them back & got the bill. When the bill came they had charged us too much so we questioned this & was advised that the potatoes that I had chosen with my main meal were £1.95 extra which I was never advised about!! They had also charged us for the melon starter which the waiter had assumed to us that this was going to be free as the meal was going to be a long time. So we just left after paying the bill & will not be returning again or recommending it to anyone.

5  Thank Kazza422
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We have eat here on numerous occasions, and have found the food and service to be excellent. The steaks are to die for, and the menu is extensive.
By far the best restaurant in the South Shore area. Family run and Robin, Wendy and Danny keep doing what you're doing, cos it works.